VideozSearchs – How to remove
What is VideozSearchs
VideozSearchs is a browser hijacker that will change browser’s settings without explicit permission and forces users to use a different search engine. It’s an infection that many users think appears out of the blue because it uses software bundling to install. It comes attached to free software as an extra offer, and if users fail to deselect it, it is permitted to install alongside. Because users rarely pay attention to how they install programs, browser hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are pretty common problems.
Once a hijacker installs, it will change browser’s settings and set its promoted site as the homepage. Furthermore, it will set a different default search engine, forcing users to be exposed to sponsored results. Redirecting users to sponsored websites is one of the main purposes of a hijacker. They try to perform these redirects by inserting sponsored content into search results. The sponsored content is usually pretty obvious because it has little to do with what users were searching for.
While hijackers are pretty harmless and don’t harm the computer, they can expose users to potentially dangerous content. Users could be redirected to websites promoting scams or hiding malware, so the sooner users remove VideozSearchs, the better.
Software bundling is usually how browser hijackers install
Users are usually taken by surprise when they see their browser’s settings changed and a random site loading instead of their homepage. That is because browser hijackers use software bundling to install alongside freeware. Hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are often attached to free software as extra offers, and are permitted to install alongside. So when users install free programs, they unintentionally install the attached offers as well. The biggest problem with software bundling is that users are not properly informed about anything being attached to the program. But if users know how, it’s not difficult to prevent these unwanted installations.
Most importantly, users need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option. Those settings will display everything that has been added, and users will be able to deselect everything. The setup window may say that Default are the recommended settings but that is not the case. If Advanced settings show that something has been added to the program, all users need to do is uncheck the boxes of those offers. Since most free programs will come with these offers, users always need to pay attention to how they install freeware.
Is VideozSearchs dangerous?
Browser hijackers are very noticeable infections because they change browser’s settings. Browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge would have a different homepage and default search engine, and users would be unable to undo these changes while the hijacker is still installed. feed.videoz-searchs.com would be set as the homepage, and Yahoo Search would be set as the search engine. Every search users do via browser address bar would be redirected to feed.videoz-searchs.com and then to Yahoo Search. While Yahoo is a perfectly safe search engine, the hijacker will insert sponsored content into the results in order to redirect users. In many cases, the sponsored results have little to do with what users were initially searching for. It should also be mentioned that hijackers don’t always redirect users to safe sites. Users could easily be exposed to sites promoting some kind of scam or concealing malware.
Hijackers also collect information about users and how they browse the internet. Information like what sites users visit, what they search for, what content they engage with, etc., is often recorded by hijackers. It’s not uncommon for this information to be shared with third-parties as well.
Overall, the hijacker may present itself as a useful extension of some kind but it is nothing more than a pest that will disrupt regular browsing.
It is strongly recommended to use anti-spyware software to delete VideozSearchs, as the hijacker is pretty persistent. To fully uninstall VideozSearchs, it’s necessary to delete all related files, and that may take time to find manually. However, it is possible to manually remove VideozSearchs, and instructions will be provided below this report.
Download Removal Toolto scan for VideozSearchsTo scan for VideozSearchs, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like VideozSearchs and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove VideozSearchs
- Automatic VideozSearchs removal
- Manual VideozSearchs removal from Windows
- Manual VideozSearchs removal from Mac OS
- How to delete VideozSearchs from your Internet browser
- How to delete VideozSearchs from Internet Explorer
- Remove VideozSearchs from Google Chrome
- How to delete VideozSearchs from Mozilla Firefox
- VideozSearchs removal from Safari
- Remove VideozSearchs from Microsoft Edge
Automatic VideozSearchs removal
You are recommended to use anti-spyware or some other security software for VideozSearchs removal because it is the easiest. VideozSearchs should be uninstalled by anti-spyware easily because they are created to deal with these kinds of infections. To uninstall VideozSearchs, you need to download the software and scan your device. If you scroll down, we will also explain manual VideozSearchs removal.
Manual VideozSearchs removal from Windows
- Press the windows key on the keyboard to open Start menu (or simply press Start), then click Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete VideozSearchs.
- We also recommend checking through all other programs to see if anything else is suspicious.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or tap the windows key – Control Panel.
- Access Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Find VideozSearchs and remove it.
- If you see any other suspicious applications, delete them as well.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Locate VideozSearchs and delete it.
- It’s also recommended to go through all other programs to see if anything else causes suspicion.
Manual VideozSearchs removal from Mac OS
You should not have any issues with uninstalling VideozSearchs from your Mac device. But we will also guide you through deleting some leftover files after you delete VideozSearchs.
- Finder – Applications.
- Drag VideozSearchs into the trash.
- Trash any additional application that causes suspicion.
- If you press Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, click that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and drag them to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag any dubious files to the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Don’t forget to empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
How to delete VideozSearchs from your Internet browser
How to delete VideozSearchs from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons via the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Click Remove on VideozSearchs and all extensions you are unfamiliar with.
- Open Internet Options through browser menu (the gear icon).
- If you open the General tab, you will be able to modify your homepage website.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Press Search Providers (from the menu on the left), change the search engine after you remove the one set by VideozSearchs.
It may be necessary to reset your browser’s settings if VideozSearchs is still there.
- If you’re using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Click Reset again.
Remove VideozSearchs from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Identify all extensions you can’t identify, as well as VideozSearchs, and remove them.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- If you go to On startup, you will see that VideozSearchs set an odd site as your homepage, change it to one of your choice.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one set by VideozSearchs to something else.
If you’re still having issues with VideozSearchs, your browser’s settings may have to be reset to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and confirm your choice.
How to delete VideozSearchs from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, find VideozSearchs and any other unfamiliar extension, and delete them.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- Access the Home tab, you will see that VideozSearchs set a strange page as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Open the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine from the one set by VideozSearchs to something of your preference.
If you are still having problems, you will need to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
VideozSearchs removal from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, identify all unfamiliar extensions, as well as VideozSearchs, and delete them.
- Access the General tab, you will see that VideozSearchs set a strange website as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Open the Search tab, change your search engine from the one set by VideozSearchs to something of your choice.
If you’re still having issues, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Open Safari, press on Safari from the menu bar, and click on Clear History.
- Press on Safari on the menu bar, select Preferences and access to the Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Press Develop (on the menu bar) and select Empty Caches.
Remove VideozSearchs from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find all unfamiliar extensions, as well as VideozSearchs, and remove them.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Navigate to the On startup tab, delete the page VideozSearchs set as your homepage and pick one of your choice.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one VideozSearchs set for you to something of your preference.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if you’re still having issues with VideozSearchs.
- Open Microsoft Edge, access menu (the three dots), select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.