Total Mac Fixer Removal [Explained]
What is Total Mac Fixer
Total Mac Fixer is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), advertised as system optimization tool for Mac computers. The reason it’s classified as a PUP is due to its behaviour and installation method. It uses software bundling to install, which means you may not have necessarily agreed to its installation. And as soon as it installs, it will start showing you notifications about supposed issues on your computer, which to fix you’d need to download the full version of the program. But buying the program would be a waste of money, seeing as it barely does anything.
The program is advertised as a system optimization tool that can improve your Mac’s performance. The program has features such as cleanup, programs uninstaller, duplicate/large file finder, and similar. If you scan your Mac with it, the scan results may surprise you as it may detect hundreds or even thousands of issues. While the number may seem alarming, the situation is actually not that serious. The programs detects cache, items in the bin, etc., as issues, but they are not. Whatever is detected is likely very minor that doesn’t really effect your computer. The reason scan results may show a large amount of detected issues is to encourage you to purchase the full version of the program. But instead, you should remove Total Mac Fixer.
How did Total Mac Fixer install
Questionable system optimizers use software bundling to install. Software bundling is essentially adding additional offers to programs, usually freeware. Whatever is attached is optional but it needs to be manually deselected, as it will install alongside automatically otherwise. It’s usually adware, browser hijackers and PUPs that are attached. To ensure they get installed, the offers are also hidden from users, unless they opt for specific settings during installation. Since most users don’t pay attention to how they install programs, they end up accidentally installing the offers.
In order to prevent unwanted installations when installing freeware, choose Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option. Advanced settings, unlike Default, will make all offers visible and give you the option to deselect everything. If Advanced show that something has been added, all you need to do is uncheck the boxes.
The majority of free programs will come with offers attached, and unless you want your computer to be filled with junk programs, you should always pay attention to what you install, and how you do it.
Should you uninstall Total Mac Fixer
Once the program installs, you will start seeing alerts about supposed issues detected on your Mac. Total Mac Fixer mainly detects files in your bin, cache, unused languages, large and duplicate files, etc., essentially things that don’t really matter. Removing the items in your bin or deleting unused languages will do little to help improve your computer’s performance. And not to mention that you can do this yourself manually.
We mentioned above that the number of detected issues may surprise you. That is because it detects really minor things like cache and unused languages. You will likely see hundreds of issues in your scan results. In order to use the program’s fix features, you would be asked to first purchase the full version of the program. However, since the program won’t really do anything, buying it would be a waste of money.
Many users believe that system optimizers are useless programs that don’t do anything, and most computers do not need to be optimized. Whether you believe otherwise, you should still avoid programs like Total Mac Fixer as they are not reliable and just want your money. If you are planning on using a system optimizer, research the program before downloading it. And consider learning how to clean up your Mac manually to save money.
Total Mac Fixer removal
Some anti-spyware programs will detect it as a potential threat and, thus delete Total Mac Fixer. However, manual Total Mac Fixer removal is also possible. Open Finder -> Applications, find Total Mac Fixer and drag it to the trash. Do the same to all of its files, such as the installer. Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Total Mac FixerTo scan for Total Mac Fixer, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Total Mac Fixer and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Total Mac Fixer
- Automatic Total Mac Fixer removal
- How to manually delete Total Mac Fixer from Windows
- Manual Total Mac Fixer removal from Mac OS
- How to delete Total Mac Fixer from your Internet browser
- How to delete Total Mac Fixer from Internet Explorer
- Total Mac Fixer deletion from Google Chrome
- How to delete Total Mac Fixer from Mozilla Firefox
- Total Mac Fixer removal from Safari
- Delete Total Mac Fixer from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Total Mac Fixer removal
It’s a good idea to use anti-spyware or some other security software to remove Total Mac Fixer because that would be easiest. Total Mac Fixer should be deleted by anti-spyware easily because they are created to deal with such threats. These applications are simple enough to use and ought to have no trouble uninstalling Total Mac Fixer. However, it is also possible to remove Total Mac Fixer manually, and the below provided instructions will guide you.
How to manually delete Total Mac Fixer from Windows
- Push the windows key on the keyboard to open Start menu (or simply press Start), then press Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall Total Mac Fixer.
- Do the same to all other programs you do not recognise.
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Delete Total Mac Fixer.
- It is also suggested to go through all other applications to see if anything else causes suspicion.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Delete Total Mac Fixer.
- Check the programs installed on your system, and remove anything else you don’t recognise.
Manual Total Mac Fixer removal from Mac OS
It’s quite simple to delete Total Mac Fixer from your Mac. But in addition to uninstalling the application, you’ll also need to remove any related files.
- Access Finder – Applications.
- Put Total Mac Fixer into the trash.
- Look through all installed applications for anything else that looks questionable and trash them.
- Click Go from the menu bar and then Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag any dubious files to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Drag all dubious and recently-added files to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. If you notice any other questionable files, drag them to the trash.
- Do not forget to empty the trash which you may do by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
How to delete Total Mac Fixer from your Internet browser
How to delete Total Mac Fixer from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Click Remove on Total Mac Fixer and all unknown extensions.
- Open Internet Options via browser menu (the gear icon).
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to a site of your preference.
- Open Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and pressing Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers from the side menu, set the search engine to your preference after you remove the one Total Mac Fixer set as the default.
You will have to restore browser’s settings to default if you’re still having issues with Total Mac Fixer.
- For Windows XP users, click start and click on Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and press Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Total Mac Fixer deletion from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and remove Total Mac Fixer, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- In the On startup section, delete the page Total Mac Fixer set as your homepage and set your preferred one.
- Access the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, access Manage search engines, delete the search engine set by Total Mac Fixer and choose your preferred one.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if Total Mac Fixer is still there.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and confirm your choice.
How to delete Total Mac Fixer from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Click on Extensions, locate and remove Total Mac Fixer, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Press on the menu (the three bars top right), and press Preferences.
- In the Home tab, remove the homepage set by Total Mac Fixer and set one of your choice.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu on the left, delete the search engine set by Total Mac Fixer and pick your preferred one.
If you’re still having issues, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Total Mac Fixer removal from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, look for Total Mac Fixer and any other extension you can’t identify, and delete them.
- In the General tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by Total Mac Fixer.
- Go to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
In case you are still having issues with Total Mac Fixer, your browser’s settings will need to be restored to default.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and click on Clear History.
- Press Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by clicking on the Develop menu and then pressing on Empty Caches.
Delete Total Mac Fixer from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Locate and remove Total Mac Fixer, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Click the menu icon (the three dots), press Settings.
- Navigate to the On startup tab, delete the page Total Mac Fixer set as your homepage and choose your preferred one.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one Total Mac Fixer set for you to something else.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if you’re still having problems with Total Mac Fixer.
- Open Microsoft Edge, access menu (the three dots), select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.