Smoothsearch.online Removal [Explained]
What type of threat are you dealing with
Smoothsearch.online hijacker might be to blame for the altered browser’s settings, and it could have infiltrated together with freeware. You probably installed some type of freeware recently, and it likely had the hijacker adjoined to it. These unneeded programs are why you ought to pay attention to how software are installed. This is a low level threat but because of its unwanted behavior, you’ll want it gone as soon as possible. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be changed, and a different website will load instead of your usual website. You’ll also have a different search engine and it may inject sponsored links into results. The hijacker is doing that because it aims to generate traffic for some sites, and in turn, make profit for owners. Some browser hijacker are able to reroute to infected websites so unless you wish to get your system infected with malware, you ought to be careful. And you don’t want to get malicious software as it would be a much more severe. Redirect viruses like to pretend they have useful features but you could find real extensions doing the same thing, which won’t bring about weird reroutes. Hijackers are also known to collect certain type of information, like pages visited, so that more personalized adverts may be shown. Suspicious third-parties may also get access to that data. And the faster you terminate Smoothsearch.online, the less time the redirect virus will have to affect your machine.
How does it act
The most likely way you got it was when you were installing free applications. They’re definitely pretty intrusive threats, so it’s doubtful anyone would install them otherwise. If users started paying closer attention to how they install applications, these threats would not be permitted to spread so much. To prevent their installation, you must deselect them, but because they’re hiding, they might not be noticed by rushing the process. Opt out of using Default mode as they will permit unnecessary installations. Deselecting those offers is essential, but they will only be visible in Advanced or Custom mode. If you do not wish to deal with unfamiliar installations, make sure you always deselect the offers. Only continue with the program installation after you uncheck everything. Even though they are low-level threats, they take some time to deal with and can give difficulty when trying to get rid of it, so it is best if you stop their threat initially. You also have to stop downloading from untrustworthy pages, and instead, choose official/legitimate websites/stores.
You will notice almost immediately if you unintentionally infected your OS with a hijacker. Without requiring your consent, it will carry out changes to your browser, setting your homepage, new tabs and search engine to a site its advertising. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers affected. The website will load every time you open your browser, and this will continue until you eliminate Smoothsearch.online from your machine. You may try to reverse the modifications but keep in mind that the hijacker will simply modify everything again. Browser hijackers also modify default search engines, so it would not be shocking if when you search for something through browser address bar, a weird site will greet you. Be careful of sponsored links injected among the results since you may be rerouted. The browser redirects will redirect you because they intend to help website owners make more money from boosted traffic. Increased traffic helps website owners make money as more people are likely to engage with the ads. Those pages are oftentimes quite obvious because they clearly will be unconnected to what you were actually searching for. There will be cases, however, where they could appear real in the beginning, if you were to search ‘malware’, pages promoting false anti-malware might come up, and they may seem real at first. You might even be redirected to sites that shelter malware. You should also know that these types of infections spy on you in order to get information about what websites you are more likely to visit and what you are apt to searching for most. The acquired information could be used to create ads that are more relevant to the user, if it is shared with third-parties. After some time, more customized sponsored results will start appearing, and that’s because the hijacker is using the info acquired. We strongly suggest you uninstall Smoothsearch.online, for all the above noted reasons. Do not forget to alter your browser’s settings back to usual after the elimination process is carried out.
Ways to terminate Smoothsearch.online
Even if it is not the most serious malicious software infection, but it might still be pretty annoying, so if you simply uninstall Smoothsearch.online everything should go back to normal. While there are two methods to dispose of the browser hijacker, by hand and automatic, you should opt for the one best suiting your knowledge about computers. If you choose the former, you’ll have to locate where the threat is concealed yourself. While the process may take more time than you expect, it should be quite easy to do, and to help you, guidelines will be presented below this report. They should help you take care of the infection, so make sure you follow them accordingly. If you have a hard time with the guidelines, or if you are otherwise struggling with the process, it may be best if you pick the other option. In that case, the best fix for you would be to download spyware elimination software, and have it take care of everything. Spyware removal software is made for the purpose of eliminating such infections, so the removal process should not cause issues. If your browser allows you to alter the settings back, you have successfully gotten rid of the reroute virus. But, if you notice that your homepage went back to showing the redirect virus’s web page, the reroute virus was not entirely eliminated. Now that you have realized how aggravating hijacker can be, you should try to block them. Good tech habits can go a long way towards keeping you out of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Smoothsearch.onlineTo scan for Smoothsearch.online, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Smoothsearch.online and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Smoothsearch.online
- Automatic Smoothsearch.online removal
- Uninstall Smoothsearch.online from Windows manually
- How to manually uninstall Smoothsearch.online from Mac OS
- Smoothsearch.online deletion from your Internet browser
- Remove Smoothsearch.online from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall Smoothsearch.online from Google Chrome
- Smoothsearch.online removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove Smoothsearch.online from Safari
- Smoothsearch.online removal from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Smoothsearch.online removal
Using anti-spyware or other security program is the easiest way to delete Smoothsearch.online from both Mac and Windows systems. Security software ought to remove Smoothsearch.online since it’s developed to deal with these kinds of infections. To uninstall Smoothsearch.online, all you have to do is download the software and scan your device. If you scroll down, we’ll also explain manual Smoothsearch.online deletion.
Uninstall Smoothsearch.online from Windows manually
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete Smoothsearch.online.
- Look through all installed programs for other suspicious programs and get rid of them.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Find Smoothsearch.online and remove it.
- It is also a good idea to go through all other programs to see if anything else causes suspicion.
- You will need to access Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and select Programs and Features.
- Locate Smoothsearch.online and delete it.
- Look through all your installed applications, and delete anything else that cause suspicion.
How to manually uninstall Smoothsearch.online from Mac OS
You shouldn’t have any issues with removing Smoothsearch.online from your Mac device. But we’ll also guide you through removing any related files after Smoothsearch.online deletion.
- Click on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and press on Applications.
- Locate Smoothsearch.online and trash it (the trash icon on the dock).
- Do the same to all other applications you don’t recognise.
- In the menu bar, press Go – Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. If Any recently-added files appear suspicious, drag them to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag all suspicious files to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag any suspicious files to the trash.
- Finally, empty the trash which you can do by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
Smoothsearch.online deletion from your Internet browser
Remove Smoothsearch.online from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Click Remove on Smoothsearch.online and all extensions you’re unfamiliar with.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and then Internet Options.
- If you open the General tab, you’ll be able to change your homepage to a site of your preference.
- Access Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and pressing Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the menu on the left), delete the Smoothsearch.online set one and choose one of your preference.
If Smoothsearch.online is still causing issues, resetting your browser settings may be necessary.
- For users using devices running Windows XP, click start and open Run and type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, choose Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Uninstall Smoothsearch.online from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Access the menu by pressing on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, then More tools and Extensions.
- Find and delete Smoothsearch.online, as well as any other extension you do not know.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- Access On startup, you’ll see that Smoothsearch.online set a strange site as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, click Manage search engines, change your search engine.
If you’re still having problems, your browser’s settings will need to be reset.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and then affirm your choice by clicking on Reset again.
Smoothsearch.online removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, identify all unfamiliar extensions, as well as Smoothsearch.online, and remove them.
- Open Preferences through the menu (the three dots).
- You can modify your homepage in the Home tab.
- Open the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine.
If Smoothsearch.online is still causing problems, it may be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Remove Smoothsearch.online from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and select Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, locate and remove Smoothsearch.online, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- You will have to change your homepage in the General tab.
- Open the Search tab, change your search engine from the one Smoothsearch.online set for you to something else.
Resetting your browser’s settings will likely be necessary if you’re still having problems with Smoothsearch.online.
- Clear History by pressing on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and click on Clear History.
- Press on Safari (from the menu bar at the top), select Preferences and go to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- The Develop menu will appear at the top, click on that and click on Empty Caches.
Smoothsearch.online removal from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find and remove Smoothsearch.online, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you will see that Smoothsearch.online set an odd website as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one Smoothsearch.online set for you to something else.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if Smoothsearch.online is still present.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.