SmartStreamSearch is a redirect virus that will alter your browser’s settings without getting your explicit permission first. Freeware generally have some type of offers added, and when people don’t deselect them, they authorize them to install. These kinds of infections are why you should are attentive during application installation. Redirect viruses are rather low-level threats they do carry out plenty of unnecessary activity. example, you will find that your browser’s settings have been changes, and you new tabs and homepages will be set to a completely different page.
What you’ll also notice is that your search is changed, and it may be injecting advertisement links into search results. You’ll be rerouted to advertisement pages so that web page owners can earn money from boosted traffic. Certain hijacker are able to reroute to malicious sites so unless you want to get your system contaminated with malware, you need to be cautious. The malicious software contamination that you could get might cause much more serious consequences, so ensure that does not occur. Hijackers tend to pretend they have handy features but you can easily replace them with proper plug-ins, which won’t cause weird redirects. More customized content will also start appearing, and in case you are wondering why, the redirect virus is following what your browse, so that it could know about your habits. Unrelated third-parties could also be able to access that data. If you wish to prevent undesirable consequences, you should urgently eliminate SmartStreamSearch.
What do I need to know about these infections
You can happen upon redirect viruses added to free applications as added items. You were possibly just careless, and you didn’t purposely opt to install it. This method is effective because users don’t pay attention when they install freeware, instead, opting to rush and not read the information that is provided. To prevent their installation, they must be deselected, but since they’re concealed, they might not be seen by rushing the process. By choosing Default mode, you might be allowing authorizing the installation of all types of unfamiliar applications, so it would be best if you do not use them. Make sure you always pick Advanced or Custom settings, as the items will be visible only there. Unmarking all the boxes is recommended so as to block unfamiliar program installations. And until you do, do not continue with the freeware installation. Preventing the infection from the very beginning can save you a lot time because dealing with it later will be time-consuming. You ought to also be more careful about where you get your applications from because by using questionable sources, you’re increasing your chances of obtaining an infection.
How to remove SmartStreamSearch
Since you now know what kind of threat you have to deal with, you may erase SmartStreamSearch. Depending on how much experience you have with computers, you may choose from manual and automatic methods to clean the browser hijacker from your PC. Keep in mind that you’ll have to locate the redirect virus yourself if you choose the former method. It isn’t difficult to do but it may take longer than you think, but we’ll provide guidelines to aid you. By following the instructions, you shouldn’t encounter issues when trying to get rid of it. This method might not be right for you if you have little experience when it comes to dealing with not wanted programs. In that case, obtain spyware removal software, and discard the infection using it. The software will identify the infection and when it does, all you need to do is permit it to eliminate the browser hijacker. You can now try modifying browser’s settings, if you succeed, it means you gotten rid of the infection. If the page continues to load every time you launch your browser, even after you have modified your home web page, you didn’t terminate the infection completely. It’s rather irritating dealing with these kinds of infections, so better prevent their installation in the future, so pay attention when installing software. In order to have a clean device, at least decent habits are a must.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SmartStreamSearchTo scan for SmartStreamSearch, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like SmartStreamSearch and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove SmartStreamSearch
- Automatic SmartStreamSearch removal
- Manual SmartStreamSearch removal from Windows
- How to manually remove SmartStreamSearch from Mac OS
- SmartStreamSearch deletion from your Internet browser
- Delete SmartStreamSearch from Internet Explorer
- SmartStreamSearch removal from Google Chrome
- Delete SmartStreamSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- SmartStreamSearch deletion from Safari
- SmartStreamSearch removal from Microsoft Edge
Automatic SmartStreamSearch removal
Using security software such as anti-spyware to uninstall SmartStreamSearch is recommended. Those programs are designed to remove these infections and ought to have no problem with getting rid of SmartStreamSearch. All you need to do is download the software, start a scan, and delete SmartStreamSearch. If you scroll down, you’ll also find instructions explaining manual SmartStreamSearch removal.
Manual SmartStreamSearch removal from Windows
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and uninstall SmartStreamSearch.
- We also suggest checking through all other programs for any other dubious applications, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
- Tap the windows key to access start menu and press Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall SmartStreamSearch.
- If you see any other applications you do not recognise, uninstall them as well.
- You’ll need to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Delete SmartStreamSearch.
- It is also recommended to go through all other programs for any other suspicious applications, and if there is anything, delete it/them.
How to manually remove SmartStreamSearch from Mac OS
You should not have any problems with deleting SmartStreamSearch from your Mac device. But we will also guide you through deleting some related files after SmartStreamSearch deletion.
- Press on Finder (the first icon located on the left on your dock) and press on Applications from the menu on the left.
- Drag SmartStreamSearch into the trash.
- It’s also a good idea to go through all other applications for any other suspicious applications, and if there is anything, delete it/them.
- If you click Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, click that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. If you note any other dubious files, put them in the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Search for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and put them in the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Don’t forget to empty the trash which you may do by right-clicking on the trash icon and pressing Empty Trash.
SmartStreamSearch deletion from your Internet browser
Delete SmartStreamSearch from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and press Manage Add-ons.
- Find SmartStreamSearch and any other unfamiliar extension and uninstall it/them by pressing on them and pressing Remove.
- Gear icon to open menu – Internet Options.
- You’ll be able to modify your homepage to your preferred site in the General tab.
- Open Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and pressing Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers from the side menu, set the search engine after you remove the one set by SmartStreamSearch.
You will have to reset your browser’s settings if you’re still having issues with SmartStreamSearch.
- If your device is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, access Advanced and press Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
SmartStreamSearch removal from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Access the menu by pressing on the three dots at the top-right corner, then More tools and Extensions.
- Find and delete SmartStreamSearch, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You will have to change your homepage in On startup.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, click Manage search engines, change your search engine.
If you’re still having trouble, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Google Chrome, press the three dots to open menu, press Settings.
- Scroll down, press on Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and confirm your choice.
Delete SmartStreamSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open the menu (the three bars on the top-right corner), and then press on Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, find all unfamiliar extensions, as well as SmartStreamSearch, and delete them.
- Open menu again, and press Preferences.
- You can change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine from the one SmartStreamSearch set for you to something of your preference.
If SmartStreamSearch is still there, you will need to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the three bars at the top-right corner of the screen, Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
SmartStreamSearch deletion from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find SmartStreamSearch and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- You can modify your homepage in the General tab.
- Access the Search tab, remove the search engine SmartStreamSearch set for you and set your preferred one.
Restoring your browser’s settings to default might be necessary if SmartStreamSearch is still causing trouble.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and select Clear History.
- Press Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Press Develop on the menu bar and select Empty Caches.
SmartStreamSearch removal from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find and remove SmartStreamSearch, and any other extension you cannot identify.
- Access menu (the three dots), click Settings.
- You will need to modify your homepage in On Startup.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine.
In case SmartStreamSearch is still there, your browser’s settings might have to be restored to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.