SmartFunctionSearch Removal [Explained]
About this redirect virus
SmartFunctionSearch is yet another browser intruder to add to the already quite huge list of similar threats that will invade a device without the user noticing. It occurs because they are attached to free programs and when not attentive users install that freeware, they don’t even realize how the browser intruder sets up as well. The good news is that your machine will not be directly damaged by the redirect virus as it’s not malevolent. Despite that, it does not belong on your computer. You will notice that your browser’s settings have been changed and redirects to advertisement websites are happening. In addition to that, it might also reroute you to damaging web pages. Since it gives no valuable features you really should remove SmartFunctionSearch.
Browser intruder distribution ways
Freeware most often comes along with additional offers, like ad-supported programs and hijackers. It ought to be mentioned that those offers are optional but many users end up with them anyway since they make the mistake of opting for Default settings during freeware setup. Make sure to always use Advanced settings, as that is where the unwanted items are hiding. You will be surprised how many items are added to freeware, so be cautious. While those items aren’t dangerous, as in they won’t endanger your machine directly, they may still cause not wanted consequences. If you happen upon it terminate SmartFunctionSearch.
Why is SmartFunctionSearch elimination necessary
As soon as it enters your computer, it will take over your browser and change its settings. When you launch your web browser whether it’s Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome you will notice that your home website and new tabs have been altered to the browser hijacker’s promoted website. It will be clear pretty quickly that you will not be capable of adjusting the settings back without first having to terminate SmartFunctionSearch. Your new homepage is somewhat simple, it will present a search engine and most likely advertisements. Be cautious if you use the supplied search engine because sponsored websites may be embedded among. You may be led to dubious websites by the search engine and download malicious programs. If you want to prevent this from occurring, delete SmartFunctionSearch from your PC.
You could try by hand SmartFunctionSearch uninstallation, just bear in mind that you will need to discover the browser hijacker yourself. If you are running into problems, you can have anti-spyware abolish SmartFunctionSearch. Whichever way you opt for, ensure that you remove the browser intruder entirely.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SmartFunctionSearchTo scan for SmartFunctionSearch, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like SmartFunctionSearch and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove SmartFunctionSearch
- Uninstall SmartFunctionSearch with spyware removal software
- Manual SmartFunctionSearch removal from Windows
- Remove SmartFunctionSearch from your Mac OS manually
- How to remove SmartFunctionSearch from your Internet browser
- How to delete SmartFunctionSearch from Internet Explorer
- How to delete SmartFunctionSearch from Google Chrome
- SmartFunctionSearch removal from Mozilla Firefox
- SmartFunctionSearch removal from Safari
- SmartFunctionSearch removal from Microsoft Edge
Uninstall SmartFunctionSearch with spyware removal software
It’s a good idea to use anti-spyware or some other malware removal software for SmartFunctionSearch removal because it’s the easiest. The program will take care of everything, as deleting these programs is its aim. To uninstall SmartFunctionSearch, you have to download the software and scan your device. However, you can delete SmartFunctionSearch manually, and you could learn how by reading the below provided instructions.
Manual SmartFunctionSearch removal from Windows
- Click Start (the windows logo located bottom-left corner of the screen) or press the window key on your keyboard, choose Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove SmartFunctionSearch.
- Uninstall any additional program that causes suspicion.
- Access Control Panel by pressing Start and then Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Locate SmartFunctionSearch and delete it.
- Delete any additional program that causes suspicion.
- Right-click on Start and select Programs and Features.
- Find SmartFunctionSearch and remove it.
- If you see any other programs you do not recognise, uninstall them as well.
Remove SmartFunctionSearch from your Mac OS manually
Uninstalling SmartFunctionSearch from your Mac is quite simple. But in addition to deleting the program, any related files will need to be removed.
- Open Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, find SmartFunctionSearch and put it into the trash or right-click on the application and click Move to Trash.
- Do the same with any additional program that causes suspicion.
- Press Go located on the menu bar and then Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and search for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and put them in the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. If you note any other suspicious files, trash them.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If you note any dubious and recently added files, trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. If Any recently-added files appear dubious, trash them.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
How to remove SmartFunctionSearch from your Internet browser
How to delete SmartFunctionSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Find SmartFunctionSearch and any other unfamiliar extension and uninstall it/them by pressing on them and clicking Remove.
- Access Internet Options through browser menu (the gear icon).
- In the General tab, change the homepage to your preferred web page.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Access Search Providers (from the menu on the left), delete the one set by SmartFunctionSearch and choose the one you prefer.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if SmartFunctionSearch is still present.
- For users using devices operating Windows XP, click start and press on Run and type inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, choose Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
How to delete SmartFunctionSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Identify all extensions you don’t recognise, as well as SmartFunctionSearch, and remove them.
- Open the menu again and choose Settings.
- Access On startup, you’ll see that SmartFunctionSearch set an odd page as your homepage, set it to one of your preference.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, access Manage search engines, remove the search engine SmartFunctionSearch set for you and change it to something of your preference.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default might be necessary if SmartFunctionSearch is still present.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and then confirm your choice by pressing Reset again.
SmartFunctionSearch removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Access the menu (the three bars on the top-right corner), and then click on Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, locate and remove SmartFunctionSearch, and any other extension you do not know.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- In the Home tab, remove the homepage set by SmartFunctionSearch and set your preferred one.
- Access the Search tab from the menu on the left, modify your search engine.
If you are still struggling with SmartFunctionSearch, it’ll be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- When Mozilla Firefox is open, open the menu (the three bars), Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the window, press Refresh Firefox.
- Confirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
SmartFunctionSearch removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, find and remove SmartFunctionSearch, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- You will need to change your homepage in the General tab.
- Open the Search tab, modify your search engine from the one set by SmartFunctionSearch to something of your preference.
If you’re still having trouble, it’ll be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and press Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the menu bar at the top), select Preferences and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Click on Develop on the menu bar and then on Empty Caches.
SmartFunctionSearch removal from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate all unknown extensions, as well as SmartFunctionSearch, and delete them.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- You’ll have to change your homepage in On Startup.
- Open the Privacy and services tab, delete the search engine SmartFunctionSearch set for you and choose your preferred one.
If you’re still having trouble, your browser’s settings will have to be restored.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.