RotatorAssist adware Removal [Explained]
What is RotatorAssist?
RotatorAssist is an advertising-supported application that inserts intrusive advertisements into all pages that you open. The adware is used to earn revenue through pay-per-click advertising, and no matter how it may be promoted, its goal is none other than that. It promotes Safe Finder, which is a yet another potentially unwanted program. It is rather likely that you never wanted to install the adware in the first place. We advise that you delete RotatorAssist adware from your device without hesitation.
How does RotatorAssist work?
Potentially unwanted apps travel in freeware and shareware bundles and usually get installed when users fail to pay careful attention to the setup of the software. When installed, they start to flood users with different adverts including coupons, surveys, banners, links, and more. They also cause unwelcome redirects to their sponsor sites. The ads that are inserted into your the browser are not trustworthy as they are not monitored by anyone. Clicking on one of them could result in getting rerouted to bogus websites containing scams. Moreover, the ads can execute malign scripts and drop malware onto your device without your notice.
As we have mentioned, RotatorAssist adware has been linked to Safe Finder, which is classified as a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers can alter your browser settings including your home page and default search engine. This changes are made in order to introduce even more advertising content into your browsers. Clicking on the links presented by the hijacker can reroute you to unfamiliar websites. Moreover, the hijacker may collect information about your online habits and use it to add customized ads. This information can also be sold to third parties.
Although potentially unwanted programs like adware and hijackers may not harm your system on their own, it is clear that they lower your online safety. That is why we suggest that you get rid of RotatorAssist adware.
How to remove RotatorAssist adware?
You can eliminate RotatorAssist adware from your computer without much trouble as it is not malicious, however, you should keep in mind that other unwanted apps need to be uninstalled from your system as well. You can delete RotatorAssist adware and other unwanted apps manually or automatically. If you choose manual RotatorAssist adware removal, you are welcome to follow the instructions presented below this article. If, on the other hand, you decide to erase RotatorAssist adware automatically, you will need the help of a malware prevention and removal tool. The anti-malware from our page can assist you with that. It will scan your device and detect all issues. The remover will clean your system from all found threats and improve its security level in the process.
Download Removal Toolto scan for RotatorAssistTo scan for RotatorAssist, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like RotatorAssist and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove RotatorAssist
- Delete RotatorAssist with anti-spyware software
- Uninstall RotatorAssist from Windows manually
- Manual RotatorAssist removal from Mac OS
- How to remove RotatorAssist from your Internet browser
- How to uninstall RotatorAssist from Internet Explorer
- RotatorAssist removal from Google Chrome
- Delete RotatorAssist from Mozilla Firefox
- How to delete RotatorAssist from Safari
- Remove RotatorAssist from Microsoft Edge
Delete RotatorAssist with anti-spyware software
We recommend using security program like anti-spyware for RotatorAssist removal because it is the easiest. Such programs are developed to uninstall these infections and RotatorAssist will not be a problem. Simply download the application, start a scan, and remove RotatorAssist. However, you can uninstall RotatorAssist manually, and the below provided instructions will guide you.
Uninstall RotatorAssist from Windows manually
- Click Start (the windows logo located bottom-left corner of the screen) or tap the window key on your keyboard, pick Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove RotatorAssist.
- Check all installed programs for other questionable applications and get rid of them.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or tap the windows key – Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Delete RotatorAssist.
- We also advise checking through all other applications for any other suspicious programs, and if there is anything, remove it/them.
- You’ll have to open Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Delete RotatorAssist.
- Delete any other suspicious program you do not recognise.
Manual RotatorAssist removal from Mac OS
It’s quite simple to remove RotatorAssist from your Mac. But uninstalling the application will not be enough, you’ll also need to delete any related files.
- Access Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, locate RotatorAssist and drag it into the trash or right-click on the application and click Move to Trash.
- Do the same with any additional application that causes suspicion.
- In the menu bar, click Go – Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag to the trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all suspicious and recently-added files to the trash.
- Finally, empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
How to remove RotatorAssist from your Internet browser
How to uninstall RotatorAssist from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on RotatorAssist and all unfamiliar extensions.
- Click on the gear icon (top-right corner), and then Internet Options.
- If you access the General tab, you’ll be able to change your homepage website.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the left side menu), delete the one set by RotatorAssist and pick the one you prefer.
In case RotatorAssist is still there, your browser’s settings might need to be restored to default.
- For users using devices running Windows XP, press start and click on Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, access Advanced and click Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset. Click Reset again to confirm.
RotatorAssist removal from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find all unfamiliar extensions, as well as RotatorAssist, and delete them.
- Open the menu again and press on Settings.
- Access On startup, you will see a homepage set by RotatorAssist, set it to one of your preference.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one RotatorAssist set for you to something else.
If you’re still having trouble, your browser’s settings will have to be restored.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and go down until you see Reset.
- Press on Reset and press Reset again in the window that pops up.
Delete RotatorAssist from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons via the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Click on Extensions, look for RotatorAssist and any other extension you can’t identify, and remove them.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- Access the Home tab, you will see that RotatorAssist set a strange website as your homepage, set it to one of your preference.
- Access the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine.
In case RotatorAssist is still there, your browser’s settings may have to be restored to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the window that appears, click on Refresh Firefox.
- Affirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
How to delete RotatorAssist from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, find RotatorAssist and any other unfamiliar extension, and remove them.
- Access the General tab, you’ll see that RotatorAssist set a strange web page as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Go to the Search tab, remove the search engine RotatorAssist set for you and pick your preferred one.
If you’re still having trouble, you’ll have to restore your browser’s settings.
- Open Safari, press on Safari on the menu bar, and click on Clear History.
- Press on Safari (from the menu bar at the top), click on Preferences and go to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- You will be able to see the Develop menu at the top, press that and press on Empty Caches.
Remove RotatorAssist from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Locate and delete RotatorAssist, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- Access the On startup tab, you’ll see that RotatorAssist set an odd web page as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Navigate to Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one RotatorAssist set for you to something else.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if RotatorAssist is still there.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.