Remove Youprizehere.life [Explained]
What is Youprizehere.life
Youprizehere.life is a questionable website and a social engineering scam that tries to get users to agree to notifications. Most browsers have a Notifications feature that, if users agree, allows sites to show users notifications. For example, if a news site wants to show you notifications and you agree, you would get an alert when a new story is released on the news site. You have to explicitly agree to these notifications by pressing “Allow” when a site asks for permission.
As soon as this feature appeared, questionable sites like Youprizehere.life started asking for permission to show notifications as well. However, instead of legitimate content, they would show highly suspicious ads. When you get redirected to Youprizehere.life, an alert will pop-up asking you to allow the site to show you notifications. The site will also display a message that says you need to press “Allow” to be able to access the site. If you do press “Allow”, you will start seeing advertisements as notifications. Some of those ads could be promoting dangerous content so we would recommend you avoid clicking on it.
It’s unlikely that you would randomly visit Youprizehere.life. You were probably redirected, either by a site you were visiting or by adware. If it’s adware, you will need to get rid of it to remove Youprizehere.life redirects. And if you have permitted the site to show you notification, you will need to revoke that permission. The last section of the report will explain how to do that.
Why are you being redirected to Youprizehere.life
As we mentioned above, you were likely redirected to Youprizehere.life, either by adware installed on your computer or by some site you were visiting. If you were visiting a high-risk site, such as one hosting adult or pirated content, and clicked on something, that could have triggered the redirect. If that is the case, you should only be redirected when visiting those sites. If you add an adblocker to your browser and enable it to prevent pop-ups and redirects, you shouldn’t be redirected again.
However, if you are constantly redirected, even when browsing previously safe sites, your computer could be infected with adware. Adware is a minor infection that mainly shows ads and redirects to questionable sites. Users install it themselves, albeit they do it accidentally. In many cases, it comes attached to free software as an extra offer, and it set to install alongside the program. Those offers are optional but users need to deselect them to prevent their installation. However, since the offers are hidden initially, users do not deselect them.
To make them visible, you need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings during freeware installation. Those settings will display everything that has been added, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Simply uncheck the boxes of those offers. Once you have done that, you can continue the installation. You will be able to prevent all kinds of minor infections by doing this.
Is Youprizehere.life dangerous
When you get redirected to Youprizehere.life, the site will ask you to allow notifications in order to access the site. A pop-up alert will also appear saying “Youprizehere.life wants to show you notifications”. If you press Allow, you would be agreeing to ads to be shown to you constantly. The thing about allowing these kinds of sites to show you notifications is that they will show you potentially dangerous content. They could be advertising questionable anti-virus programs or claiming that you have won some kind of prize. If you have pressed Allow, you should avoid interacting with any ads until you revoke the permission and get rid of the adware. Otherwise, you could be tricked into downloading malware or falling for a scam.
There really is no reason to agree to these notifications, especially when redirected to unknown sites. Fortunately, you can easily revoke the permission if you give it, or prevent these notification requests from appearing at all.
If you are constantly being redirected, you will need to remove Youprizehere.life adware. The easiest way to do that would be to use anti-spyware software. The program would locate and delete Youprizehere.life adware without you having to do anything.
If you allowed the notifications, here’s how to revoke the permission:
- Mozilla Firefox. Open menu (the three bars top-right corner) -> Options -> Privacy & Security. Go down to Permissions, press on Settings next to Notifications, and remove Youprizehere.life. To permanently turn off these notification requests check the “Block new requests asking to allow notifications” box in Notifications.
- Google Chrome. Open menu (the three dots top-right corner) -> Settings -> Privacy and security -> Site Settings. Click on Notifications under Permissions, and remove Youprizehere.life. To permanently stop these notification requests toggle off “Sites can ask to send notifications”.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Youprizehere.lifeTo scan for Youprizehere.life, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Youprizehere.life and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Youprizehere.life
- Automatic Youprizehere.life removal
- How to manually delete Youprizehere.life from Windows
- Remove Youprizehere.life from your Mac OS manually
- Youprizehere.life deletion from your Internet browser
- Delete Youprizehere.life from Internet Explorer
- Youprizehere.life deletion from Google Chrome
- Youprizehere.life deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Youprizehere.life removal from Safari
- Youprizehere.life removal from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Youprizehere.life removal
Using malware removal program like anti-spyware to remove Youprizehere.life is highly recommended. Anti-spyware programs are created to remove all types of threats so they should not have problems with Youprizehere.life. These software are pretty simple to use and should have no trouble deleting Youprizehere.life. However, it is also possible to remove Youprizehere.life manually, and we’ll explain below.
How to manually delete Youprizehere.life from Windows
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove Youprizehere.life.
- Check the programs installed on your system, and remove anything else questionable.
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Youprizehere.life.
- We suggest doing the same with all additional not familiar programs.
- You’ll need to open Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and select Programs and Features.
- Find Youprizehere.life and uninstall it.
- Check the applications installed on your system, and uninstall anything else questionable.
Remove Youprizehere.life from your Mac OS manually
It’s pretty simple to delete Youprizehere.life from your Mac computer. However, deleting the leftover files will also be necessary as well as removing the application.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and click on Applications.
- Put Youprizehere.life into the trash.
- Check all your installed programs, and delete anything else you don’t recognise.
- If you click Go on the menu bar, you will see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag all dubious files to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag any dubious files to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. If you notice any questionable and recently added files, put them in the trash.
- Don’t forget to empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
Youprizehere.life deletion from your Internet browser
Delete Youprizehere.life from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Find Youprizehere.life and any extensions you do not recognise and remove it/them by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Access Internet Options via browser menu (the gear icon).
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to your preferred site.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Press on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine after you remove the one set by Youprizehere.life.
If Youprizehere.life is still causing issues, resetting your browser settings might be necessary.
- For users using devices running Windows XP, press start and open Run and type inetcpl.cpl, access Advanced and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Click Reset again to confirm.
Youprizehere.life deletion from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Access the menu by pressing on the three dots at the top-right corner, then More tools and Extensions.
- Locate and remove Youprizehere.life, as well as any other extension you do not recognise.
- Open the menu again and select Settings.
- You will have to change your homepage in On startup.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, access Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default might be necessary if you are still having problems with Youprizehere.life.
- Open Google Chrome, open menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Click on Reset and press Reset again in the window that appears.
Youprizehere.life deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Access Add-ons via the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Access Extensions, locate and delete Youprizehere.life, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Open Preferences through the menu (the three dots).
- You will have to change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Access the Search tab from the menu on the left, delete the search engine set by Youprizehere.life and set it to one of your preference.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if you’re still having problems with Youprizehere.life.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the new window, press Refresh Firefox.
- Affirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
Youprizehere.life removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, look for Youprizehere.life and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- If you go to the General tab, you’ll see a homepage set by Youprizehere.life, set it to one you prefer.
- Open the Search tab, change your search engine.
If that did not solve your problems, it will be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Safari, press on Safari from the menu bar, and press Clear History.
- Press on Safari (from the menu bar at the top), select Preferences and access to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Click on Develop on the menu bar and then on Empty Caches.
Youprizehere.life removal from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find Youprizehere.life and any other extension you can’t identify, and delete them.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots).
- You will need to change your homepage in On Startup.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine.
Restoring your browser’s settings to default may be necessary if Youprizehere.life is still giving you trouble.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.