What could be said about WinkiSearch
WinkiSearch is yet another hijacker to add to the already huge list of similar contaminations that might arrive into a PC without the user noticing. It can do that by adjoining itself to free programs and when less cautious users are installing that free programs, they unintentionally install the hijacker as well. You are fortunate that the browser intruder isn’t malware and it won’t damage your OS directly. That does not indicate, however, that it belongs on your OS. It will adjust your browser’s settings and will reroute you to advertisement web page. It may also lead you to content that damaging. Since it presents no valuable traits you are encouraged delete WinkiSearch.
Redirect virus spread ways
Hijackers arrive attached as an extra offer to free software. Even if those items are optional, the majority of users install them anyway because they make the mistake of using Default mode during freeware installation. Everything is hidden in Advanced or Custom settings so if you wish to bypass installing unwanted offers, ensure that you opt for those settings. There are a lot of free applications that come with adjoined items, so make sure you pay attention to block not wanted installations. There is a probability that those offers don’t pose any threat by themselves, as in they will not endanger your PC directly, they may still be trouble. We firmly advise that you delete WinkiSearch.
Why delete WinkiSearch
Upon entering, the hijacker will right away alter your browser’s settings. Whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox it will be right away evident that your home website and new tabs have been altered to display the hijacker’s advertised website. You should also be aware that those changes carried out to your browser are irreversible unless you eradicate WinkiSearch. Your new homepage is pretty basic, it will show a search box and most likely ads. Be vigilant if you use the supplied search engine since it could be adding advertising content into the results. The redirect virus for the most part intends to redirect you to generate profit but the displayed links may be capable of redirecting you to suspicious websites and that can result in a serious malicious software infection. So if you want this not to occur, remove WinkiSearch from your machine.
By hand WinkiSearch removal is possible so you could attempt that, just keep in mind that you will have to find the browser intruder by yourself. If you bump into problems, you can have anti-spyware delete WinkiSearch. No matter which way you choose, ensure that you terminate the redirect virus fully.
Download Removal Toolto scan for WinkiSearchTo scan for WinkiSearch, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like WinkiSearch and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove WinkiSearch
- Automatic WinkiSearch removal
- How to manually uninstall WinkiSearch from Windows
- Uninstall WinkiSearch from your Mac OS manually
- WinkiSearch deletion from your Internet browser
- Delete WinkiSearch from Internet Explorer
- WinkiSearch deletion from Google Chrome
- How to remove WinkiSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- WinkiSearch deletion from Safari
- Delete WinkiSearch from Microsoft Edge
Automatic WinkiSearch removal
The easiest way to delete WinkiSearch from both your Mac and Windows computers would be using anti-spyware or some other security programs. Security programs will quickly delete WinkiSearch because its main purpose is to deal with such threats. These software are quite easy to use and ought to easily delete WinkiSearch. But if you scroll down, we’ll also explain manual WinkiSearch removal.
How to manually uninstall WinkiSearch from Windows
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall WinkiSearch.
- We also suggest checking through all other programs for any other suspicious programs, and if there’s anything, delete it/them.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Find WinkiSearch and remove it.
- It’s also suggested to go through all other applications for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, delete it/them.
- You will need to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Delete WinkiSearch.
- We advise doing the same with all additional not familiar programs.
Uninstall WinkiSearch from your Mac OS manually
Uninstalling WinkiSearch from a Mac computer isn’t difficult. However, you will also have to delete a couple of leftover files in addition to deleting the program.
- Press on Finder (the first icon located on the left on your dock) and press on Applications.
- Locate WinkiSearch and trash it (the trash icon located on the dock).
- It is also a good idea to go through all other applications for any other suspicious programs, and if there is anything, delete it/them.
- Open Go to Folder by clicking Go on the menu bar and then selecting Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag all questionable files to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/Application Support. If Any recently-added files seem dubious, drag them to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If Any recently-added files look questionable, trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all suspicious files to the trash.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
WinkiSearch deletion from your Internet browser
Delete WinkiSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on WinkiSearch and all extensions you aren’t familiar with.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and pick Internet Options.
- If you access the General tab, you’ll be able to modify your homepage to a site of your choice.
- Open Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and pressing Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the left side menu), delete the one set by WinkiSearch and choose one of your choice.
If you’re still struggling with WinkiSearch, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- For Windows XP users, press start and click on Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by pressing Reset again.
WinkiSearch deletion from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find and remove WinkiSearch, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access the menu again and press on Settings.
- Access On startup, you’ll see a homepage set by WinkiSearch, set it to one of your preference.
- Access the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, then Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one WinkiSearch set for you to something else.
Resetting your browser’s settings will probably be necessary if WinkiSearch is still there.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and affirm your choice.
How to remove WinkiSearch from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open the menu (the three bars on the top-right corner), and then click on Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, find WinkiSearch and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- Access menu again, and click Preferences.
- In the Home tab, remove the homepage set by WinkiSearch and set your preferred one.
- Access the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine from the one set by WinkiSearch to something else.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if WinkiSearch is still causing issues.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
WinkiSearch deletion from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find WinkiSearch and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- In the General tab, remove the homepage set by WinkiSearch and choose one of your preference.
- Proceed to the Search tab, change your search engine.
If that didn’t fix your issues, you will have to restore your browser’s settings.
- Clear History by pressing on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and select Clear History.
- Press on Safari (from the menu bar at the top), select Preferences and access to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- You’ll be able to see the Develop menu at the top, click on that and then click on Empty Caches.
Delete WinkiSearch from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate and remove WinkiSearch, and any other unknown extension.
- Access Settings via the menu (the three dots).
- In the On startup tab, delete the homepage set by WinkiSearch and pick one of your preference.
- Go to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one set by WinkiSearch to something else.
If WinkiSearch is still causing issues, resetting your browser settings will be necessary.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.