What is topdefence-formob.com
topdefence-formob.com is a rogue website that displays an Apple scam claiming your iPhone has been infected with viruses. It’s a very common scam that is promoted on many other sites, not just topdefence-formob.com. Sites showing these scams aren’t something you visit willingly, in most cases you’ll be redirected. What likely happened was you were browsing a questionable website and clicked on something that triggered a redirect. It’s usually sites that host pornography or offer to download pirated content that trigger these kinds of redirects.
You can entirely ignore the contents of the fake alert, though you should check which site triggered the redirect. The alert will falsely claim that “Your Apple iPhone is severely damaged by 13 viruses” and that “your browser is completely infected with Trojan Virus picked up on recently visited sites”. These kinds of scams clearly target less tech-savvy users, as most will know that that’s not how viruses work, nor can a browser become infected.
The scam makes false claims that hackers could steal your bank card details, social media login credentials, and your browsing history. Suffice to say, all of these claims are complete nonsense. Nothing is being stolen, nor is your iPhone infected with a virus, let alone 13! Don’t download anything the scam site is offering and simply close the window. You don’t need to delete anything because your iPhone is not infected.
How to avoid being redirected to sites like topdefence-formob.com
As we wrote above, the reason you were redirected to the site is most likely because you were browsing a potentially high-risk website. Certain websites, usually ones hosting adult and pirated content, as well as betting pages trigger redirects to questionable sites because they have low-quality ads. Clicking on anything on those sites can often lead to a new window displaying a scam popping up. These windows are pretty harmless, as long as you don’t engage with the site and download something. If you get redirected, simply close the window. And if you want to avoid being redirected to these kinds of scams, avoid visiting questionable websites.
How to know whether “Your Apple iPhone is severely damaged by 13 viruses” is a scam
For users who are not overly familiar with these kinds of scams, the fake alert may seem somewhat convincing. Though at closer look it makes very little sense.
When you get redirected to topdefence-formob.com, you will see “WARNING! Your Apple iPhone is probably infected wit viruses!” or some kind of similar message. The site will make further ridiculous claims that your browser is damaged by some kind of trojan, which you supposedly picked up while browsing dangerous websites. According to the fake alert, to prevent your login credentials from being stolen, you need to scan your device. If you press “Scan”, you will see another fake alert saying malware has been detected and you need to take action. If you don’t, you will supposedly lose your data. The alert claims that you need to download their offered app in order to remove the trojans. However, instead of the promised anti-virus app, which iPhone devices don’t need by the way, you’d end up downloading something potentially questionable.
For future reference, all virus alerts that appear in your browser will be scams. Every single one of them, as your browser is not capable of detecting malware on your device. When you get redirected to a site that shows these kinds of alerts, simply close the window.
Download Removal Toolto scan for topdefence-formob.comTo scan for topdefence-formob.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like topdefence-formob.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove topdefence-formob.com
- Automatic topdefence-formob.com removal
- Manual topdefence-formob.com removal from Windows
- Manual topdefence-formob.com removal from Mac OS
- topdefence-formob.com deletion from your Internet browser
- Delete topdefence-formob.com from Internet Explorer
- Delete topdefence-formob.com from Google Chrome
- How to delete topdefence-formob.com from Mozilla Firefox
- How to uninstall topdefence-formob.com from Safari
- topdefence-formob.com deletion from Microsoft Edge
Automatic topdefence-formob.com removal
Using anti-spyware or other malware removal program to remove topdefence-formob.com is recommended. Anti-spyware programs are developed to uninstall all types of infections so they shouldn’t have issues with topdefence-formob.com. These software are easy enough to use and ought to easily remove topdefence-formob.com. However, it’s also possible to remove topdefence-formob.com manually, and the below provided instructions will guide you.
Manual topdefence-formob.com removal from Windows
- Access Control Panel by pressing Start (the windows logo bottom-left corner of the screen) and then Settings.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete topdefence-formob.com.
- We also suggest going through all other installed programs to see if anything else is suspicious.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Locate topdefence-formob.com and remove it.
- Delete any other dubious application you’re not familiar with.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Locate topdefence-formob.com and remove it.
- If you see any other suspicious programs, uninstall them as well.
Manual topdefence-formob.com removal from Mac OS
Deleting topdefence-formob.com from a Mac isn’t hard. But deleting the program won’t be enough, you will also have to remove any leftover files.
- Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, find topdefence-formob.com and put it into the trash or you can right-click on the program and select Move to Trash.
- We also suggest checking through all other programs to see if anything else is suspicious.
- Access Go to Folder by clicking Go on the menu bar and then selecting Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if any recently-added files look dubious, drag them to the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and put them in the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all dubious files to the trash.
- Right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
topdefence-formob.com deletion from your Internet browser
Delete topdefence-formob.com from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon located at the top-right corner, and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Find any extension you are unfamiliar with as well as topdefence-formob.com and remove it/them by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Access Internet Options by clicking on the gear icon and pressing Internet Options.
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to your preferred site.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and click on Manage Add-ons.
- Press Search Providers (from the menu on the left), change the search engine to your preference after you delete the one topdefence-formob.com set for your browser.
If you are still having problems, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- For Windows XP users, click start and click on Run and type inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, click the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon, press Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and press Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
Delete topdefence-formob.com from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and remove topdefence-formob.com, and any other unknown extension.
- Press on the three dots top-right and choose Settings.
- You will need to change your homepage in On startup.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, then Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one topdefence-formob.com set for you to something else.
If you’re still struggling with topdefence-formob.com, your browser’s settings might need to be restored to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Press on Reset and press Reset again in the window that pops up.
How to delete topdefence-formob.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons via the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Open Extensions, look for topdefence-formob.com and any other unfamiliar extension, and delete them.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- You will have to change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Open the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine from the one set by topdefence-formob.com to something else.
Your browser’s settings will have to be restored if topdefence-formob.com is still causing issues.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
How to uninstall topdefence-formob.com from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, locate and remove topdefence-formob.com, and any other unknown extension.
- You may change your homepage in the General tab.
- Proceed to the Search tab, modify your search engine from the one set by topdefence-formob.com to something else.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if topdefence-formob.com is still causing trouble.
- Open Safari, click on Safari from the menu bar, and press Clear History.
- Click Safari on the menu bar, select Preferences and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- You’ll see the Develop menu at the top, click on that and press on Empty Caches.
topdefence-formob.com deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate all extensions you don’t recognise, as well as topdefence-formob.com, and remove them.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots).
- You’ll have to change your homepage in On Startup.
- Go to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine.
In case topdefence-formob.com is still present, your browser’s settings will need to be reset to default.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, open menu (the three dots), select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.