About Stream-promo.com browser hijackers
Stream-promo.com is a browser hijacker that possibly entered your PC when you were installing a free program. The threat was probably adjoined to a free program as an additional offer, and since you didn’t unmark it, it was authorized to install. It’s essential that you are vigilant during software installation because if you are not, these kinds of threats will install again and again. Browser hijackers are not thought to be dangerous themselves but they do carry out a lot of unnecessary activity. example, you will see changed browser’s settings, and you new tabs and home web page will be set to an entirely different website. Your search engine will also be modified, and it might be manipulating search results by injecting sponsored content into them. It would attempt to reroute you to advertisement websites so that web page owners could earn profit from increased traffic. It should be noted that if a redirect to a dangerous web page occurs, you could easily get your OS infected with a malicious program. Malicious software would be more dangerous so avoid it as much as possible. If you find the redirect virus’s supplied features helpful, you ought to know that you could find legitimate add-ons with the same features, which do not put your computer in jeopardy. Browser redirects are also known to follow users around the Internet, collecting information, so that more customized sponsored content could be displayed. Or it could later share that data with third-parties. If you want to prevent undesirable consequences, you ought to take the time to remove Stream-promo.com.
What does Stream-promo.com do
The most likely way you got the hijacker was via free software installation. They are clearly pretty intrusive threats, so we doubt anyone would willingly installed them. Because people don’t pay attention to how they install applications, this method allows redirect viruses and similar threats to spread. Those items are generally hidden during installation, and if you aren’t paying attention, you will miss them, which means they’ll be allowed to install. By picking Default mode, you might be permitting all types of unfamiliar offers to install, so it would be best if you opted out of using them. Choose Advanced (Custom) mode during installation, and attached items will become visible. You are suggested to unmark all the items. And until you have done that, do not continue the installation. Even though they are trivial threats, they take some time to deal with and can give problems when attempting to get rid of it, so it is best if you stop their threat in the first place. In addition, be more selective about where you get your programs from as dubious sources could cause a lot of trouble.
If a hijacker is installed, it’s doubtful you would not see. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be modified without you approving it, and it is unlikely that you would miss that. Well-known browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will possibly be altered. The website will greet you every time your browser is launched, and this will continue until you eliminate Stream-promo.com from your machine. And even if you attempt to alter the settings back, the hijacker will just change them again. If the hijacker also sets a different search engine for you, every time you look for something via browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you would get doubtful results. You may happen upon sponsored links in the results, since the threats’s main intention is to reroute you. Owners of certain sites aim to increase traffic to make more profit, and they use browser redirects to reroute you to them. After all, increased traffic means who are prone to clicking on advertisements, meaning more profit. Frequently those websites do not actually have anything to do with what you are were actually searching for. Some of the results could seem valid in the beginning but if you are attentive, you should be able to differentiate them. You have to to be cautious because some websites could be malicious, which may permit severe threats to infiltrate your system. Another thing you ought to be aware of is that hijackers are able to spy on you so as to get data about what you click on, what web pages you visit, your search inquiries and so on. The data could then be shared with unfamiliar parties, who could use it for ad purposes. The info could also be used by the hijacker to make content that would interest you. Make sure you delete Stream-promo.com before it could lead to more severe infections. After you successfully get rid of it, you need to be authorized to undo the modifications carried out by the reroute virus.
Since you now know what it does, you may terminate Stream-promo.com. Termination is possible both manually and automatically, and either way should not cause too much trouble. If you choose the former, you’ll have to locate where the infection is hidden yourself. While the process may take more time than initially thought, it ought to be quite easy to do, and if you need help, we have presented instructions below this report to help you. They should give the guidance you need to take care of the threat, so ensure you follow them accordingly. But, it might be too hard for those who have little to no computer experience. Using anti-spyware software to take care of the infection may best if that is the case. The software will spot the threat and once it does, you just have to authorize it to eliminate the hijacker. To check whether the threat is gone or not, change your browser’s settings, if you are able to, you were successful. The browser hijacker remains if the alterations you make are nullified. It is quite annoying dealing with these types of infections, so better block their installation in the future, which means you need to actually pay attention when you install programs. If you want to have a clean system, you need to have at least decent computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Stream-promo.comTo scan for Stream-promo.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Stream-promo.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Stream-promo.com
- Delete Stream-promo.com with malware removal software
- How to manually remove Stream-promo.com from Windows
- Delete Stream-promo.com from your Mac OS manually
- Stream-promo.com deletion from your Internet browser
- Uninstall Stream-promo.com from Internet Explorer
- Stream-promo.com removal from Google Chrome
- Remove Stream-promo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Stream-promo.com deletion from Safari
- Uninstall Stream-promo.com from Microsoft Edge
Delete Stream-promo.com with malware removal software
It’s a good idea to use malware removal software like anti-spyware for Stream-promo.com removal because that would be easiest. Anti-spyware should uninstall Stream-promo.com because it is developed to deal with these types of infections. These programs are easy enough to use and should easily uninstall Stream-promo.com. However, it is also possible to delete Stream-promo.com manually, and we’ll explain in the below provided instructions.
How to manually remove Stream-promo.com from Windows
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall Stream-promo.com.
- It is also a good idea to go through all other programs to see if anything else is suspicious.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Find Stream-promo.com and delete it.
- Check through the applications you have installed, and remove anything else you don’t recognise.
- You’ll have to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Remove Stream-promo.com.
- Remove any other application that causes suspicion.
Delete Stream-promo.com from your Mac OS manually
You should not have any issues with removing Stream-promo.com from your Mac device. But deleting the program won’t be enough, you will also have to delete any related files.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and click on Applications.
- Find Stream-promo.com and trash it (the trash icon located on the dock).
- Check all applications installed on your computer for anything else that seems dubious and put them into trash.
- In the menu bar, press Go – Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and put to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. Put to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag all questionable files to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Finally, empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash icon and pressing Empty Trash.
Stream-promo.com deletion from your Internet browser
Uninstall Stream-promo.com from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Remove Stream-promo.com and any other extension you’re unfamiliar with by selecting them and pressing Remove.
- Gear icon to open menu – Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and alter your homepage to a web page of your preference.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine after you remove the one Stream-promo.com set as the default.
In case Stream-promo.com is still present, your browser’s settings will have to be restored to default.
- For users using devices running Windows XP, click start and open Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, access Advanced and press Reset.
- If your device is running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, open Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon, press on Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
Stream-promo.com removal from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Access the menu by pressing on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, then More tools and Extensions.
- Locate and delete Stream-promo.com, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You may change your homepage in On startup.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, then Manage search engines, remove the search engine set by Stream-promo.com and set your preferred one.
If you’re still having issues with Stream-promo.com, it may be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Press on Reset and confirm your choice in the warning window.
Remove Stream-promo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Access Add-ons via the menu (the three bars).
- Access Extensions, find and remove Stream-promo.com, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- Access the Home tab, you will see that Stream-promo.com set an odd page as your homepage, set it to one of your choice.
- Access the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if Stream-promo.com is still there.
- When Mozilla Firefox is open, access the menu (the three bars), Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox in the new window.
- Confirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
Stream-promo.com deletion from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find and delete Stream-promo.com, and any other extension you don’t recognise.
- In the General tab, delete the homepage set by Stream-promo.com and pick one of your choice.
- Open the Search tab, remove the search engine set by Stream-promo.com and change it to one of your preference.
It may be necessary to restore browser’s settings to default if Stream-promo.com is still there.
- Clear History by pressing on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and click on Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the menu bar at the top), click on Preferences and go to the Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Press Develop (on the menu bar) and select Empty Caches.
Uninstall Stream-promo.com from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Locate and delete Stream-promo.com, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Click the menu icon (the three dots), click Settings.
- You’ll need to modify your homepage in On Startup.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one set by Stream-promo.com to something of your choice.
If Stream-promo.com is still giving you issues, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.