Remove StormSearch.net – Storm Search Removal
What kind of infection are you dealing with
StormSearch.net is thought to be a redirect virus, and it likely is spreading via freeware. The infection was probably added to a free software as an extra item, and since you didn’t deselect it, it installed. If you do not want these kinds of threats inhabiting your device, you need to pay attention to what you install. This is a low level threat but because of its unwanted behavior, you will want it gone as soon as possible. example, you will notice changed browser’s settings, and you new tabs and home web page will be set to load the redirect virus’s promoted site. Your search engine will also be changed into one that will be able to insert advertisement links into results. If you click on such a result, you’ll be redirected to strange pages, whose owners are trying to earn money from traffic. Certain browser hijacker are able to redirect to infected websites so unless you want to get your PC contaminated with malware, you ought to be cautious. And malicious program could cause much more harm. Hijackers tend to pretend they have helpful features but you can easily replace them with real plug-ins, which won’t cause weird redirects. You will not necessarily see this but hijackers are following your activity and collecting information so that more customized sponsored content may be made. Or the info could end up with third-parties. And that is why you should remove StormSearch.net as quickly as possible.
How does StormSearch.net act
You’re probably not aware of this but browser hijackers are generally attached to free applications. We don’t think that you acquired it in any other way, as no one would install them willingly. Because users don’t pay attention to software installation processes, this method authorizes browser hijackers and similar threats to be spread. The items are hidden and if you rush, you have no chance of seeing them, and you not noticing them means they’ll be permitted to install. Opt out of using Default settings as they don’t permit you to deselect anything. Instead, select Advanced (Custom) settings since they will show you the offers and permit you to deselect them. If you do not wish to deal with persistent uninvited software, make sure you always deselect the offers. All you have to do is uncheck the items, and you can then continue freeware installation. Having to deal with these threats could be aggravating so you would do yourself a great favor by initially blocking them. You should also stop downloading from suspicious websites, and instead, choose official/legitimate sites/stores.
When a hijacker is installed, it’s rather evident. Without having to gain your permission, it’ll alter your browser’s settings, setting your home website, new tabs and search engine to its promoted page. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers affected. And until you terminate StormSearch.net from the system, the web page will load every time your browser is launched. Attempting to alter the settings back would a wild-goose chase because the redirect virus will modify them again. If when you search for something results are made not by your set search engine, it is probable that the redirect virus is accountable. Relying on those results isn’t suggested because you will be redirected to advertisement links. The hijackers will reroute you because they intend to help website owners make more money from increased traffic. After all, increased traffic means who are prone to pressing on ads, meaning more profit. It is often that those pages don’t actually have anything to do with what you are were actually searching for. In some cases, they could look legitimate, so if you were to inquire about for something fairly vague, like ‘anti-virus’ or ‘computer’, results redirecting to suspicious sites might come up but you wouldn’t know initially. You could even be rerouted to pages that hide malicious software. You ought to also know that these kinds of threats spy on you so as to gather info about what web pages you’re more likely to enter and what you are apt to searching for most. Unknown parties might also gain access to the data, and then use it to make more personalized ads. Or the reroute virus could use it to create sponsored content that is more relevant. You’re strongly suggested to erase StormSearch.net as it will do more harm than good. After the process is finished, you should be allowed to change the browser’s settings to what you prefer.
How to uninstall StormSearch.net
It’s not the most severe malicious software infection, but it could still cause trouble, so if you just eliminate StormSearch.net everything should go back to normal. Termination is achievable both by hand and automatically, and either way should not be too difficult. Manual means you’ll have to find the infection yourself. While the process could take more time than initially thought, it should be quite easy to do, and if you need help, guidelines will be supplied below this report. By following the detailed guidelines thoroughly, you should not run into problems when attempting to get rid of it. It may not be the best option for those who do not have much experience with computers, however. Obtaining spyware removal software for the removal of the threat might best in that case. This type of software is created to dispose of threats such as this, so there should be no issues. Try altering your browser’s settings, if you could do it, the infection should no longer be present. But, if you notice that your home web page went back to the browser hijacker’s website, the reroute virus is still running. It is quite aggravating dealing with these types of threats, so better block their installation in the first place, so pay attention when installing programs. If you wish to have an uncluttered device, you have to have good computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Storm SearchTo scan for Storm Search, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Storm Search and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Storm Search
- Delete Storm Search with spyware removal software
- Manual Storm Search removal from Windows
- Uninstall Storm Search from your Mac OS manually
- How to uninstall Storm Search from your Internet browser
- How to remove Storm Search from Internet Explorer
- Remove Storm Search from Google Chrome
- Storm Search removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Storm Search removal from Safari
- Uninstall Storm Search from Microsoft Edge
Delete Storm Search with spyware removal software
Using security program such as anti-spyware to delete Storm Search is highly recommended. The program will do everything, as uninstalling these applications is its aim. All you have to do is download the software, initiate a scan, and delete Storm Search. However, it is also possible to delete Storm Search manually, and you could learn how by reading the below provided instructions.
Manual Storm Search removal from Windows
- Open Control Panel, and to do that click Start, then Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Find and delete Storm Search.
- Do the same to all additional unfamiliar programs.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Locate Storm Search and uninstall it.
- If there are any other applications you do not recognise, remove them as well.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Delete Storm Search.
- Check all programs installed on your device for anything else that’s dubious and remove them.
Uninstall Storm Search from your Mac OS manually
You should not have any problems with uninstalling Storm Search from your Mac computer. But in addition to removing the application, any leftover files will have to be removed.
- Open Finder – Applications.
- Drag Storm Search into the trash.
- We also suggest checking through all other applications for any other dubious applications, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
- In the menu bar, press Go – Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and put them in the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Do not forget to empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash icon and pressing Empty Trash.
How to uninstall Storm Search from your Internet browser
How to remove Storm Search from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Find any extension you’re unfamiliar with as well as Storm Search and uninstall it/them by selecting them and pressing Remove.
- Access Internet Options by clicking on the gear icon and picking Internet Options.
- In the General tab, change the homepage to a web page of your preference.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the menu on the left), remove the one set by Storm Search and set the one you prefer.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default may be necessary if Storm Search is still present.
- If your computer is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using computers operating Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Click Reset again.
Remove Storm Search from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find Storm Search and any other extension you cannot identify, and remove them.
- Access Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- Access On startup, you will see a homepage set by Storm Search, change it to one of your choice.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, click Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one Storm Search set for you to something else.
You’ll need to restore browser’s settings to default if you’re still having problems with Storm Search.
- Open Google Chrome, click on the three dots to access menu, press Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and go down until you see Reset.
- Click on Reset and press Reset again in the new window that pops up.
Storm Search removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, find all extensions you cannot identify, as well as Storm Search, and delete them.
- Press on the menu (the three bars top right), and press Preferences.
- In the Home tab, remove the homepage set by Storm Search and choose one of your preference.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine from the one Storm Search set for you to something of your preference.
If Storm Search is still causing issues, it may be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the window, click on Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Storm Search removal from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and press on Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, look for Storm Search and any other extension you do not know, and remove them.
- Access the General tab, you will see a homepage set by Storm Search, change it to one you prefer.
- Access the Search tab, change your search engine from the one set by Storm Search to something else.
If Storm Search is still causing issues, restoring your browser settings might be necessary.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and press Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by pressing on the Develop menu and then selecting Empty Caches.
Uninstall Storm Search from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find and delete Storm Search, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Click the menu icon (the three dots), press Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you will see a homepage set by Storm Search, set it to one you prefer.
- Go to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine.
If Storm Search is still giving you problems, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge, press on the three dots, select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.