Remove Storm Search Hijacker [Explained]
What is Storm Search Hijacker?
Storm Search is a browser hijacker that is used by its developers to earn revenue through advertising. It alters browser settings upon arrival and causes other unwanted issues like inserting ads into your browsers, tracking your cookies, slowing down the system speed, and more. There is nothing beneficial about the application, so there is no reason to keep it installed on your device. We suggest that you get rid of Storm Search Hijacker as soon as you can, especially if you never intended to install it in the first place, which is highly likely considering the deceptive bundling distribution method that it employs.
How does Storm Search Hijacker work?
Storm Search is similar to a number of browser hijackers like Burst Search, StreaminSearch, and many more. The main symptom of the hijacker is that it alters your browser settings including your home page and default search engine. These settings get replaced by Stormsearch.net, a website that contains a search box, which reroutes you to Search.yahoo.com or Google.com. This means that it does not actually generate original search results, so there is no point in using it. What it does, instead, is present you with advertising content. The ads and sponsored links shown to you can be completely random. Worse, however, they may be unreliable and lead you to corrupt sites containing scams and malicious software.
Although the hijacker may not be malign on its own, it does lower your online safety by presenting you with suspect ads. In addition to that, it tracks your cookies collecting information about your browsing habits. This data can be sold to third parties and used to create customized ads. However, just because the ads seem more relevant to you does not mean that they can be trusted. If you wish to eliminate these ads and improve your online browsing quality, you should terminate Storm Search Hijacker without delay.
How to remove Storm Search Hijacker?
You should have no trouble with Storm Search Hijacker removal as the hijacker is not a complex infection. You can delete Storm Search Hijacker manually or automatically. If you decide to go with manual Storm Search Hijacker removal, you can follow the instructions below. If, on the other hand, you wish to make sure that you have no other unwanted apps on your device, we advise that you go with the automatic option instead. Automatic removal requires the use of an anti-malware tool. You are welcome to use the security software from our page. It will scan your computer and detect all unsafe elements. The utility will then eliminate Storm Search Hijacker along with other found threats and so improve your overall system stability.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Storm Search HijackerTo scan for Storm Search Hijacker, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Storm Search Hijacker and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Storm Search Hijacker
- Uninstall Storm Search Hijacker with malware removal software
- Remove Storm Search Hijacker from Windows manually
- Remove Storm Search Hijacker from your Mac OS manually
- How to uninstall Storm Search Hijacker from your Internet browser
- How to remove Storm Search Hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Remove Storm Search Hijacker from Google Chrome
- Storm Search Hijacker removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Storm Search Hijacker deletion from Safari
- Storm Search Hijacker deletion from Microsoft Edge
Uninstall Storm Search Hijacker with malware removal software
We suggest using anti-spyware or some other security software for Storm Search Hijacker removal because it is the easiest. The application will take care of everything, as uninstalling these applications is its aim. These programs are simple enough to operate and should have no trouble uninstalling Storm Search Hijacker. However, you can delete Storm Search Hijacker manually, and the below given instructions will explain how.
Remove Storm Search Hijacker from Windows manually
- Access Control Panel, and to do that click Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete Storm Search Hijacker.
- Check the applications you’ve installed, and uninstall anything else you do not recognise.
- Tap the windows key to open start menu and press Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Locate Storm Search Hijacker and delete it.
- Check all your installed applications, and remove anything else suspicious.
- You’ll need to open Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and choose Programs and Features.
- Find Storm Search Hijacker and delete it.
- We also suggest going through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, uninstall it/them.
Remove Storm Search Hijacker from your Mac OS manually
Deleting Storm Search Hijacker from your Mac computer isn’t hard. But in addition to deleting the application, you’ll also have to remove any related files.
- Press on Finder (the first icon located on the left on your dock) and select Applications from the menu on the left.
- In Applications, locate Storm Search Hijacker and put it into the trash or alternatively right-click on the application and select Move to Trash.
- If you see any other programs you don’t recognise, delete them as well.
- In the menu bar, click Go – Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if any recently-added files seem suspicious, put them in the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Drag any suspicious and recently-added files to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag to the trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag any questionable files to the trash.
- You’ll need to right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
How to uninstall Storm Search Hijacker from your Internet browser
How to remove Storm Search Hijacker from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Access the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and press Manage Add-ons.
- Delete Storm Search Hijacker and any other unknown extension by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Access Internet Options through browser menu (the gear icon).
- Access the General tab and alter your homepage to a web page of your preference.
- Open Manage Add-ons by clicking on the browser menu (the gear icon) and clicking Manage Add-ons.
- Press on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine after you delete the one set by Storm Search Hijacker.
If you’re still having issues, you’ll have to restore your browser’s settings.
- If you are using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, choose Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Remove Storm Search Hijacker from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find all extensions you can’t identify, as well as Storm Search Hijacker, and delete them.
- Access Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You’ll need to change your homepage in On startup.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, click Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
Resetting your browser’s settings will probably be necessary if Storm Search Hijacker is still there.
- Open Google Chrome, press the three dots to open menu, open Settings.
- Scroll down, press on Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Press on Reset and press Reset again in the new window that appears.
Storm Search Hijacker removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons through the menu (the three bars).
- Click on Extensions, identify all unfamiliar extensions, as well as Storm Search Hijacker, and delete them.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- If you go to the Home tab, you will see a homepage set by Storm Search Hijacker, change it to one you prefer.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine.
If that did not fix your trouble, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox in the new window.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Storm Search Hijacker deletion from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Press on Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, find and remove Storm Search Hijacker, as well as any other unknown extension.
- In the General tab, remove the homepage set by Storm Search Hijacker and set one of your preference.
- Proceed to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
It might be necessary to restore browser’s settings to default if Storm Search Hijacker is still causing problems.
- Open Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and click on Clear History.
- Press Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by clicking on the Develop menu and then pressing on Empty Caches.
Storm Search Hijacker deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find all unknown extensions, as well as Storm Search Hijacker, and delete them.
- Press on menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you will see that Storm Search Hijacker set a strange site as your homepage, change it to one of your choice.
- Open the Privacy and services tab, delete the search engine set by Storm Search Hijacker and change it to one of your preference.
It might be necessary to restore browser’s settings to default if Storm Search Hijacker is still causing trouble.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, press on the three dots, select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.