Remove Smooth Search Tab
About Smooth Search Tab
Smooth Search Tab will change your browser’s settings which is why it is thought to be a redirect virus. Hijackers may sometimes be seen attached to free software, and if they go unseen, they would install without the user even noticing. It’s important that you are careful during application installation because if you are not, these types of threats will install all the time. Smooth Search Tab is not a dangerous threat but its activity will get on your nerves. example, you will notice changed browser’s settings, and you new tabs and home website will be set to an entirely different website.
You will also have a different search engine and it may inject sponsored content into results. You’re redirected because the browser hijacker aims to generate traffic for some web pages, and in turn, earn money for owners. Some hijacker are able to reroute to malicious sites so unless you want to get your PC infected with malware, you need to be careful. If you contaminated your operating system with malware, the situation would be much worse. If you find the browser redirect’s supplied features handy, you should know that they can be found in reliable add-ons as well, which don’t put your system in danger. Some browser redirects are also known to gather certain type of data, like sites visited, so that more personalized ads may be shown. Dubious third-parties could also be capable of accessing that data. If you want to avoid it affecting your system further, you should promptly remove Smooth Search Tab.
How does Smooth Search Tab act
It’s likely that you ran into the hijacker unintentionally, during freeware installation. They’re definitely pretty invasive threats, so we doubt anyone would install them otherwise. If people were more attentive when they install programs, this method wouldn’t be so effective. You must pay attention since items tend to hide, and by not noticing them, you are authorizing them to install. Default mode will conceal the items, and if you still select to use them, you might be risking installing all kinds of unwanted threats. You need to uncheck the items, and they will only be apparent in Advanced (Custom) settings. You’re suggested to deselect all the items. Just uncheck the boxes that appear, and you may then continue free application installation. Dealing with these threats can be irritating so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially stopping them. In addition, you need to be more careful about where you get your software from as untrustworthy sources could cause a lot of trouble.
You’ll notice right away if you unintentionally infected your operating system with a hijacker. Changes to your browser will be executed without permission, mainly you will have a new homepage/new tabs, and your search engine may also be different. Popular browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will possibly be affected. And until you erase Smooth Search Tab from the PC, the page will greet you every time your browser is launched. Don’t waste time trying to alter the settings back because the browser redirect will merely overrule your changes. Hijackers also change default search engines, so do not be shocked if when you search for something via browser address bar, a strange page will greet you. It could be injecting strange links into the results so that you are rerouted. Browser hijackers intend to redirect to certain sites so that owners may make revenue. After all, more traffic means more people on advertisements, meaning more profit. If you press on those web pages, you’ll quickly notice that they have nothing to do with what you were looking for. Some could seem valid, for example, if you were to make an inquiry for ‘anti-malware’, you might encounter results for websites promoting shady antivirus software, but appear to be valid in the beginning. Redirect viruses don’t check those websites for malicious programs, therefore you might be led to a website that would launch a malicious program enter onto your operating system. The browser redirect will follow you around as you browse, collecting various data about what you are interested in. The acquired info may be used to create more relevant ads, if it is shared with third-parties. After a while, more customized sponsored results will begin appearing, and that’s because the hijacker is using the information gathered. It’s clear the hijacker should not be allowed to stay on your device, so remove Smooth Search Tab. After you successfully get rid of it, you ought to be authorized to undo the hijacker’s changes.
Ways to uninstall Smooth Search Tab
Since you now know what it does, you may proceed to uninstall Smooth Search Tab. You will have to pick from manual and automatic methods for disposing of the redirect virus and, and they both shouldn’t cause too much trouble. If you have experience with eliminating programs, you can proceed with the former, as you will have to identify the infection’s location yourself. If you are unsure of how to proceed, scroll down to see the instructions. If you follow them step-by-step, you ought to have no issues. This method may not be right for you if you do not have experience when it comes to computers. The other alternative is to acquire anti-spyware software and have do everything for you. If it spots the threat, have it eliminate it. You can investigate whether you were successful by modifying browser’s settings, if your alterations are not nullified, the contamination is no longer present. If the site continues to load every time you open your browser, even after you’ve altered your home website, you didn’t completely erase the threat. If you actually pay attention when installing software, you will prevent these irritating situations in the future. In order to have an uncluttered system, at least decent habits are necessary.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Smooth Search TabTo scan for Smooth Search Tab, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Smooth Search Tab and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Smooth Search Tab
- Delete Smooth Search Tab with malware removal software
- Uninstall Smooth Search Tab from Windows manually
- Remove Smooth Search Tab from your Mac OS manually
- Smooth Search Tab removal from your Internet browser
- Delete Smooth Search Tab from Internet Explorer
- Smooth Search Tab removal from Google Chrome
- Uninstall Smooth Search Tab from Mozilla Firefox
- Smooth Search Tab removal from Safari
- Smooth Search Tab deletion from Microsoft Edge
Delete Smooth Search Tab with malware removal software
You are recommended to use security program such as anti-spyware to remove Smooth Search Tab because that would be easiest. Anti-spyware should delete Smooth Search Tab because it is designed to deal with such infections. To remove Smooth Search Tab, all you have to do is download the software and perform a scan. But if you scroll down, we will also explain manual Smooth Search Tab removal.
Uninstall Smooth Search Tab from Windows manually
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall Smooth Search Tab.
- We suggest doing the same with all other programs you don’t recognise.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Smooth Search Tab.
- Do the same to all additional unfamiliar programs.
- Right-click on Start and pick Programs and Features.
- Delete Smooth Search Tab.
- If there are any other suspicious programs, remove them as well.
Remove Smooth Search Tab from your Mac OS manually
Uninstalling Smooth Search Tab from your Mac isn’t hard. But we will also explain to you how to remove some remaining files after you remove Smooth Search Tab.
- Press on Finder (the first icon located on the left on your dock) and select Applications from the menu on the left.
- Put Smooth Search Tab into the trash.
- The same should be done to all additional applications you do not recognise.
- If you click Go on the menu bar, you will see Go to Folder, click that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and put them in the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/Application Support. If Any recently-added files seem questionable, trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If you note any dubious and recently added files, drag them to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all dubious and recently-added files to the trash.
- Finally, empty the trash which you can do by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
Smooth Search Tab removal from your Internet browser
Delete Smooth Search Tab from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Remove Smooth Search Tab and any other extension you do not recognise by clicking on them and clicking Remove.
- Click the gear icon and pick Internet Options.
- You’ll be able to alter your homepage to your preferred site in the General tab.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the menu on the left), remove the one set by Smooth Search Tab and pick the one you prefer.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if Smooth Search Tab is still present.
- For Windows XP users, click start and open Run and type inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Press Reset again.
Smooth Search Tab removal from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Identify all extensions you cannot identify, as well as Smooth Search Tab, and remove them.
- Click the three dots top-right and select Settings.
- If you go to On startup, you’ll see that Smooth Search Tab set a strange website as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Go to Search engine from the menu on the left, then Manage search engines, change your search engine from the one Smooth Search Tab set for you to something of your choice.
If Smooth Search Tab is still causing problems, restoring your browser settings will be necessary.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click on Reset and affirm your choice in the warning window.
Uninstall Smooth Search Tab from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Access the menu (the three bars on the top-right corner), and then press on Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, find all unknown extensions, as well as Smooth Search Tab, and delete them.
- Access Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- In the Home tab, remove the homepage set by Smooth Search Tab and choose one of your choice.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu on the left, modify your search engine from the one Smooth Search Tab set for you to something else.
If Smooth Search Tab is still giving you issues, it may be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Smooth Search Tab removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, locate and remove Smooth Search Tab, as well as any other extension you don’t recognise.
- Access the General tab, you’ll see a homepage set by Smooth Search Tab, change it to one you prefer.
- Go to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
If Smooth Search Tab is still giving you issues, resetting your browser settings may be necessary.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and select Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by clicking on the Develop menu and then pressing on Empty Caches.
Smooth Search Tab deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find and remove Smooth Search Tab, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Navigate to the On startup tab, set the homepage of your preference instead of the one set by Smooth Search Tab.
- Open the Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one Smooth Search Tab set for you to something else.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if Smooth Search Tab is still causing problems.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.