Remove Securityvpnapp.com [Explained]
What is securityvpnapp.com
securityvpnapp.com is a questionable website that promotes scams. It has been noted that the site displays all kinds of scams, from ones claiming your device is infected with a virus to “Your internet connection may not be secure” messages. It appears that both Mac and iPhone/iPad users can be redirected to this scam, but the redirect doesn’t happen randomly. You are either redirected by the a site you visit or by an infection like adware. If you got the redirect when using an iOS device, you were likely visiting some kind of questionable site that triggered it. When on a Mac, a site could have also redirected you but it’s also possible your computer is infected with adware. If that is the case, you will need to get rid of it to remove securityvpnapp.com redirects.
The site is not exactly safe so we do not recommend interacting with it. You will be offered to download some kind of program, whether it’s a VPN or an anti-virus. For future reference, you should never download programs/apps from questionable sites. And even if the site redirects you to the legitimate Apple App Store, you should think twice about installing a program/app that tries to trick users by making false claims about the state of your device.
Why are you redirected to securityvpnapp.com
There are a couple of reasons why you would be redirected to a site like securityvpnapp.com. One of the reasons is browsing questionable websites. Sites hosting a certain kind of content are often considered to be high-risk. It’s usually free streaming pages, as well as pornography sites. While not necessarily malicious themselves, those sites often host a lot of highly questionable ads. Clicking on anything on such a site could trigger a pop-up or redirect. Adblocker usually does a good job of blocking these redirects and pop-ups. And if you do get redirected, just close the window.
However, it’s also possible that you were redirected by adware. If you are redirected regularly, even when browsing completely legitimate sites, your computer is probably infected with adware. It’s not a serious infection, and the most dangerous thing is usually does is show you ads. Adware, along with other infections like browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs come attached to free software as extra offers. The offers are added in a way that allows them to install alongside the program. The offers are optional but they are preselected to install, unless users manually deselect them. To do that, you need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings during installation instead of Default. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be given the option of deselecting them. Uncheck the boxes of those offers and continue the installation.
The site will display warning messages about unsecure connections and virus infections
When you get redirected to securityvpnapp.com, you will see a warning message that your internet connection may not be secure, though you may also be shown other messages, such as “your computer is infected with viruses”. Whatever the message may be, do not pay any attention to it and just close the widow. The message warning about your connection not being secure will advise you to download the Helix VPN and offer a link to download it. It seems that Helix VPN is a legitimate program/app that does work as a VPN, and it is available on the Apple App Store, which means it’s safe to download. However, if you do want to download this VPN, use the app store to get it, not the intrusive ad on securityvpnapp.com.
Even if the site is advertising a legitimate program, you should always be skeptical of these kinds of warning messages. They are intentionally made to seem alarming to pressure users into downloading whatever is being offered. You should never download anything from questionable sites and ads because you have no way of knowing what you’ll end up downloading.
If your computer is infected with adware, you will need to get rid of it to delete securityvpnapp.com redirects permanently. We strongly recommend using anti-spyware software.
If you are getting redirected to the site on an iPhone, it’s likely caused by a site you were visiting. We recommend doing the following to prevent future pop-ups. Open Settings -> Safari, enable “Block Pop-ups” and “Fraudulent Website Warning”, press on Advanced -> Website Data, and select “Remove All Website Data”.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Securityvpnapp.comTo scan for Securityvpnapp.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Securityvpnapp.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Securityvpnapp.com
- Remove Securityvpnapp.com with malware removal software
- How to manually uninstall Securityvpnapp.com from Windows
- Manual Securityvpnapp.com removal from Mac OS
- Securityvpnapp.com removal from your Internet browser
- How to remove Securityvpnapp.com from Internet Explorer
- Securityvpnapp.com removal from Google Chrome
- Securityvpnapp.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Securityvpnapp.com removal from Safari
- Securityvpnapp.com deletion from Microsoft Edge
Remove Securityvpnapp.com with malware removal software
The simplest way to delete Securityvpnapp.com from both your Mac and Windows computers would be to use anti-spyware or some other security software. Anti-spyware will quickly delete Securityvpnapp.com since its main purpose is to deal with these kinds of infections. These programs are easy enough to operate and ought to have no trouble uninstalling Securityvpnapp.com. But if you continue reading, we’ll also explain manual Securityvpnapp.com deletion.
How to manually uninstall Securityvpnapp.com from Windows
- Access Control Panel, and to do that press Start, then Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall Securityvpnapp.com.
- If there are any other questionable applications, remove them as well.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or tap the windows key – Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Securityvpnapp.com.
- Check all your installed applications, and uninstall anything else that cause suspicion.
- You’ll have to open Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Locate Securityvpnapp.com and delete it.
- We also suggest going through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
Manual Securityvpnapp.com removal from Mac OS
You should not have any problems with deleting Securityvpnapp.com from your Mac computer. But we’ll also guide you through deleting some remaining files after you delete Securityvpnapp.com.
- Access Finder – Applications.
- Locate Securityvpnapp.com and drag it to the trash (the trash icon on the dock).
- We also advise going through all other applications for any other dubious applications, and if there is anything, uninstall it/them.
- Open Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If you see any other dubious files, drag them to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag any dubious files to the trash.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Securityvpnapp.com removal from your Internet browser
How to remove Securityvpnapp.com from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Uninstall Securityvpnapp.com and any other extension you’re not familiar with by selecting them and pressing Remove.
- Gear icon to access menu – Internet Options.
- You will be able to change your homepage to your preferred page in the General tab.
- Open Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and clicking Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers (from the left side menu, change the search engine after you remove the one set by Securityvpnapp.com.
If Securityvpnapp.com is still causing problems, it might be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- If your computer is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If your device is running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by pressing Reset again.
Securityvpnapp.com removal from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find all extensions you do not recognise, as well as Securityvpnapp.com, and delete them.
- Open the menu again and choose Settings.
- If you go to On startup, you will see a homepage set by Securityvpnapp.com, change it to one you prefer.
- Go to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, then Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
In case you’re still having issues with Securityvpnapp.com, you’ll have to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and affirm your choice.
Securityvpnapp.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons via the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Open Extensions, look for Securityvpnapp.com and any other extension you cannot identify, and delete them.
- Open Preferences through the menu (the three dots).
- You can modify your homepage in the Home tab.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine.
If you’re still having issues with Securityvpnapp.com, it’ll be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Securityvpnapp.com removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find and delete Securityvpnapp.com, as well as any other unknown extension.
- You will have to modify your homepage in the General tab.
- Go to the Search tab, modify your search engine from the one set by Securityvpnapp.com to something else.
If Securityvpnapp.com is still giving you issues, it may be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari on the menu bar, and press Clear History.
- Press on Safari (from the menu bar at the top), press Preferences and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by clicking on the Develop menu and then selecting Empty Caches.
Securityvpnapp.com deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find Securityvpnapp.com and any other unknown extension, and remove them.
- Click on menu (the three dots), click Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you will see that Securityvpnapp.com set a strange site as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Navigate to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one set by Securityvpnapp.com to something else.
If Securityvpnapp.com is still giving you problems, restoring your browser settings may be necessary.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, press on menu (the three dots), select Settings, press on the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.