Remove SearchRange [Removal Steps]
What is SearchRange?
SearchRange is a potentially unwanted application that has adware and browser hijacker capabilities. The app is usually installed by accident as it is promoted via fake Adobe Flash Player installers. It changes your browser settings without your permission, inserts adverts into your visited sites, and collects information about your online activities. There is nothing positive about having such apps on your device as all they do is slow it down and lower your online security. We suggest that you waste no time on it and eliminate SearchRange from your system as soon as possible.
How does SearchRange work?
As we have mentioned, SearchRange spreads online using deceptive methods. You may have acquired it through fake Adobe Flash Player installer or some other software downloaded from a third party site. Freeware and shareware often comes with offers of unnecessary apps. These offers appear only in the Advanced installation mode, which is rarely chosen by users, who, instead, install freeware in the Recommended mode. By choosing this mode, the additional apps get installed automatically and once they get access to your device, they alter your settings and start taking other unwanted actions.
SearchRange replaces your home page and default search engine and floods your browsers with different types of advertisements. The ads appear on all sites that you visit even if they have nothing to do with online shopping. Your browsing gets noticeably slower because of the annoying adverts. Worse, however, is that you get exposed to unreliable content, interacting with which could lead to serious troubles: you may fall for an online scam, infect your computer with malware, or share your personal details with untrustworthy parties. We urge you to avoid all questionable ads until you get rid of SearchRange, just to be sure that you do not suffer any of the above-mentioned consequences.
How to remove SearchRange?
There are two ways you can remove SearchRange from your system: manually or automatically. Manual SearchRange removal instructions are presented below this article, however, you have to make sure that after you uninstall SearchRange from your device and your browsers, you also need to erase the following files that are related to it:
- ~/Library/Application Support/com.SearchRange/SearchRange
- ~/Library/Application Support/com.SearchRangeDaemon/SearchRange
Moreover, SearchRange is known to create a new device profile, which you will have to eliminate as well. Here is how you can do so:
- Click on Preferences in the menu and select Profiles
- Choose SearchRange and delete it
The alternative solution to manual SearchRange removal is the automatic one. You can uninstall SearchRange automatically by making use of a malware prevention and removal utility from our page. It will perform a full scan, detect all issues, and delete SearchRange along with them.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchRangeTo scan for SearchRange, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like SearchRange and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove SearchRange
- Automatic SearchRange removal
- Uninstall SearchRange from Windows manually
- How to manually remove SearchRange from Mac OS
- SearchRange deletion from your Internet browser
- How to delete SearchRange from Internet Explorer
- SearchRange deletion from Google Chrome
- SearchRange removal from Mozilla Firefox
- SearchRange deletion from Safari
- Delete SearchRange from Microsoft Edge
Automatic SearchRange removal
Using malware removal software like anti-spyware to delete SearchRange is recommended. SearchRange should be uninstalled by anti-spyware easily because their purpose is dealing with these kinds of infections. These applications are simple enough to use and ought to easily uninstall SearchRange. But if you scroll down, we’ll also explain manual SearchRange removal.
Uninstall SearchRange from Windows manually
- Press Start (the windows logo located bottom-left corner of the screen) or click the window key on your keyboard, select Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete SearchRange.
- We also recommend checking through all other applications to see if anything else is suspicious.
- Open Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Delete SearchRange.
- Look through all installed applications for other dubious programs and get rid of them.
- You’ll need to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and pressing Programs and Features.
- Remove SearchRange.
- You ought to also do the same with all additional not familiar applications.
How to manually remove SearchRange from Mac OS
Deleting SearchRange from a Mac computer is very simple. However, removing the related files will also be necessary as well as uninstalling the program.
- Access Finder – Applications.
- Drag SearchRange into the trash.
- If you see any other programs you don’t recognise, remove them as well.
- Access Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and put them in the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
SearchRange deletion from your Internet browser
How to delete SearchRange from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and press Manage Add-ons.
- Delete SearchRange and any other extension you cannot identify by selecting them and pressing Remove.
- Open Internet Options via browser menu (the gear icon).
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to a page of your choice.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers from the side menu, set the search engine after you delete the one SearchRange set as the default.
If SearchRange is still giving you issues, restoring your browser settings will be necessary.
- For users using devices running Windows XP, click start and press on Run and type inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, choose Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
SearchRange deletion from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find all extensions you do not recognise, as well as SearchRange, and remove them.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You will need to modify your homepage in On startup.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, change your search engine from the one set by SearchRange to something of your choice.
If SearchRange is still causing issues, it might be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Open Google Chrome, access menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click on Reset and press Reset again in the new window that pops up.
SearchRange removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons via the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Click on Extensions, identify all extensions you do not recognise, as well as SearchRange, and delete them.
- Open Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- In the Home tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by SearchRange.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine from the one set by SearchRange to something of your choice.
If SearchRange is still there, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
SearchRange deletion from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Press on Safari from the menu bar, and press on Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find SearchRange and any other unknown extension, and remove them.
- If you go to the General tab, you will see a homepage set by SearchRange, set it to one of your choice.
- Access the Search tab, change your search engine from the one set by SearchRange to something else.
If SearchRange is still giving you issues, resetting your browser settings might be necessary.
- Launch Safari, press on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and press Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Click on Develop on the menu bar and select Empty Caches.
Delete SearchRange from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find and remove SearchRange, and any other unknown extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- You’ll need to change your homepage in On Startup.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one set by SearchRange to something of your choice.
If SearchRange is still giving you problems, you will need to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.