Remove Searchpowerapp.com Redirect Virus
searchpowerapp.com is a questionable website, promoted by a browser hijacker. If you suddenly find it set as your homepage, you likely have a browser hijacker infecting your computer. It’s not a malicious infection, nor is it particularly dangerous. It mainly focuses on showing you advertisement content and redirecting you to sponsored sites. And to do that, it will change your browser’s settings. Otherwise, it will not harm your computer directly. However, you should know that the content it will expose you to will not necessarily be safe. You could be redirected to highly questionable sites promoting malware and scams. This is why you should immediately delete searchpowerapp.com if you suddenly find it hijacking your browser. Plus, there really is no reason why you should put up with the changed browser settings.
Browser hijackers use software bundling to install, which is why users are usually taken by surprise by the appearance of a hijacker. These kinds of minor infections come attached to free software as extra offers, and are set to install alongside the program. They are attached in a way that does not require your permission to install. However, the offers are optional, you just need to know how to prevent their installation. We will explain this in the following section.
Browser hijackers use software bundling to install
The reason why infections like browser hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are so widespread is because they use software bundling to install. Software bundling is essentially attaching additional offers to free software. Those offers are optional but are set to install alongside the program they’re attached to, unless users manually deselect them. Fortunately, that is easy to do, as long as you know how.
Next time you’re installing freeware, opt for Advanced (Custom) setting instead of Default. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect them. All you really need to do is uncheck the boxes. Once you’ve done that, you can continue installing the program. Keep in mind that most free programs will come with useless offers attached, so your computer will fill up with junk programs very quickly if you don’t deselect the offers. It takes seconds to uncheck a few boxes, compared to the time and effort it takes to get rid of already installed infections, however minor they may be.
Is searchpowerapp.com a dangerous site
If a particular hijacker is installed on your computer, searchpowerapp.com will be set as your homepage and new tabs. This can affect popular browsers like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once the settings are changed, you will be unable to change them back while the hijacker is installed. So until you remove searchpowerapp.com, you’re stuck with the site loading every time you open your browser. In addition to the homepage, your default search engine will also be changed.
The searchpowerapp.com site looks like any new tabs page. It has a search box with changeable search engines, and shortcuts to popular sites like Facebook, YouTube, eBay, Twitter, etc. The site is harmless enough, though there really is no purpose for using it. If you were to search via the provided search box, you’d get legitimate search results via Google, Yahoo or Bing. Those are legitimate search engines that you can access directly, without needing to use a questionable third-party website.
The hijacker will track what you’re doing while browsing, including what sites you visit, what you search for, what content you interact with, etc. This kind of information is collected for advertisement purposes. It’s also often shared with unrelated third-parties without your permission.
Overall, the hijacker has invaded your computer without permission, changed your settings and may be trying to redirect you to sponsored sites. Furthermore, the site it sets as the homepage is not trustworthy. There really are no reasons why you would keep the hijacker installed.
You can remove searchpowerapp.com manually but the process may be tricky. We will provide instructions to help you below this report. However, the easiest way to uninstall searchpowerapp.com would be to use anti-spyware software. Those programs are designed to deal with infections like browser hijackers, so they will have no trouble with searchpowerapp.com removal.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Searchpowerapp.comTo scan for Searchpowerapp.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Searchpowerapp.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Searchpowerapp.com
- Uninstall Searchpowerapp.com with anti-spyware software
- Manual Searchpowerapp.com removal from Windows
- Manual Searchpowerapp.com removal from Mac OS
- Searchpowerapp.com deletion from your Internet browser
- Delete Searchpowerapp.com from Internet Explorer
- Remove Searchpowerapp.com from Google Chrome
- Searchpowerapp.com deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Uninstall Searchpowerapp.com from Safari
- Searchpowerapp.com removal from Microsoft Edge
Uninstall Searchpowerapp.com with anti-spyware software
It’s easiest to delete Searchpowerapp.com from both Macs and Windows systems using malware removal program such as anti-spyware. Security programs will quickly delete Searchpowerapp.com because it’s developed to deal with these kinds of infections. To delete Searchpowerapp.com, all you need to do is download the software and carry out a scan. But if you scroll down, we’ll also explain manual Searchpowerapp.com removal.
Manual Searchpowerapp.com removal from Windows
- Press the windows key on the keyboard to access Start menu (or simply click Start), then click Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall Searchpowerapp.com.
- It’s also a good idea to go through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there is anything, uninstall it/them.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Remove Searchpowerapp.com.
- Uninstall any other questionable application you don’t recognise.
- You’ll need to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and pressing Programs and Features.
- Uninstall Searchpowerapp.com.
- If you see any other programs you do not recognise, uninstall them as well.
Manual Searchpowerapp.com removal from Mac OS
You should not have any issues with deleting Searchpowerapp.com from your Mac computer. However, deleting the remaining files will also be necessary in addition to removing the program.
- Press on Finder (the first icon located on the left on your dock) and select Applications from the menu on the left.
- Find Searchpowerapp.com and put it to the trash (the trash icon located on the dock).
- Look through all applications installed on your computer for anything else that is suspicious and delete them.
- If you click Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if you notice any questionable and recently added files, trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. Drag all dubious files to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and drag them to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. If Any recently-added files seem suspicious, put them in the trash.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Searchpowerapp.com deletion from your Internet browser
Delete Searchpowerapp.com from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Press on the gear icon located at the top-right corner, and select Manage Add-ons.
- Uninstall Searchpowerapp.com and any other extension you’re unfamiliar with by selecting them and pressing Remove.
- Access Internet Options by clicking on the gear icon and selecting Internet Options.
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to your preferred web page.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers (from the left side menu, change the search engine after you delete the one Searchpowerapp.com set for your browser.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default will likely be necessary if you are still having issues with Searchpowerapp.com.
- If your device is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Remove Searchpowerapp.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and delete Searchpowerapp.com, as well as any other extension you don’t recognise.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- In the On startup section, remove the website Searchpowerapp.com set as your homepage and set your preferred one.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
If that didn’t fix your problems, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, press on Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Press Reset and then press Reset again.
Searchpowerapp.com deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, locate and delete Searchpowerapp.com, as well as any other extension you cannot identify.
- Access Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- Access the Home tab, you will see that Searchpowerapp.com set an odd site as your homepage, change it to one of your preference.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, delete the search engine set by Searchpowerapp.com and pick your preferred one.
In case you are still having issues with Searchpowerapp.com, your browser’s settings may have to be reset to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Confirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
Uninstall Searchpowerapp.com from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find Searchpowerapp.com and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- In the General tab, delete the website Searchpowerapp.com set as your homepage and set your preferred one.
- Open the Search tab, delete the search engine Searchpowerapp.com set for you and pick your preferred one.
If you are still having issues, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and press Clear History.
- Safari – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- The Develop menu will appear at the top, click on that and click on Empty Caches.
Searchpowerapp.com removal from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find Searchpowerapp.com and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- Access menu (the three dots), click Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you’ll see that Searchpowerapp.com set a strange page as your homepage, change it to one of your choice.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, remove the search engine set by Searchpowerapp.com and pick your preferred one.
If you are still struggling with Searchpowerapp.com, you will need to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, open menu (the three dots), select Settings, press on the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.