What kind of threat are you dealing with
SearchConverterInc will alter your browser’s settings which is why it is categorized as a hijacker. The reason the redirect virus is installed is because you did not see it adjoined to some program that you installed. Such threats are why it is important that you are vigilant when you install programs. Hijackers are not considered to be malicious but they do perform some questionable activity. You’ll find that instead of the web page that is set as your homepage and new tabs, your browser will now load the hijacker’s promoted page. Your search engine will also be altered into one that could be injecting advertisement content into search results. If you press on one of those result, you will be led to weird web pages, whose owners are attempting to earn money from traffic.
Certain browser hijacker are able to redirect to malicious pages so unless you want to get your system contaminated with malware, you ought to be careful. The malware contamination that you could get might bring about much more serious outcomes, so make sure that doesn’t occur. You might believe browser redirects are beneficial plug-ins but you can find the same features in real extensions, ones that won’t reroute you to dangerous web pages. You won’t always be aware this but hijackers are following your browsing and gathering information so that more customized sponsored content could be created. That info might also end up in questionable third-party hands. Therefore, you are recommended to eliminate SearchConverterInc, before it could do any harm.
What does SearchConverterInc do
You likely got it was through freeware installation. They’re unnecessary and somewhat intrusive infections, so we doubt anyone would install them otherwise. The reason this method is successful is because people act negligently when they install programs, missing all hints that something could be added. The items are hidden and if you rush, you have no chance of seeing them, and you not seeing them means they will be permitted to install. By picking to use Default mode, you could be allowing all types of unwanted items to install, so it would be best if you don’t use them. Advanced (Custom) mode, on the other hand, will display you those offers. It is recommended that you deselect all the items. And until you do, don’t continue the installation. Having to deal with these infections can be irritating so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you initially prevented them. Review from where you acquire your applications because by using unreliable sites, you risk infecting your machine with malware.
Redirect virus infections are noticed at once, even by people who have little experience with computers. Without your explicit permission, it will modify your browser’s settings, setting your homepage, new tabs and search engine to its promoted page. All main browsers will probably be altered, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And until you uninstall SearchConverterInc from the OS, you’ll have to deal with the site loading every time you open your browser. Your first course of action might be to nullify the alterations but take into account that the browser redirect will just modify everything again. Browser redirects could also set you a different search engine, so it wouldn’t be shocking if when you look for something through browser address bar, a strange page will greet you. Because the threat’s prime intention is to redirect you, be cautious of advertisement content in the results. The browser hijackers will reroute you because they aim to aid website owners earn more income, and with increased traffic, more ad revenue is made. Increased traffic helps website owners make income as more users will probably engage with the ads. Frequently those sites have little to do with what you are were actually searching for. Some of the results could appear legitimate at first but if you pay attention, you ought to be able to tell the difference. Redirect viruses do not analyze those websites for malware, therefore you might end up on one that may prompt malware to enter onto your PC. Your browsing activity will also be overseen, data about what you would be interested in acquired. Hijackers also give access to the info to third-parties, and it is used to make more user relevant advertisements. If not, the browser hijacker would be using it to make the sponsored content more customized. Because of everything we noted above you need to uninstall SearchConverterInc. After you successfully get rid of it, you should be allowed to undo the reroute virus’s changes.
While the threat will not bring about as serious consequences as some others could, we still encourage that you uninstall SearchConverterInc sooner rather than later. You can choose from two options, by hand and automatic, for eliminating of the reroute virus. You will have to find the browser hijacker yourself if you opt for the former method. If you’re unsure of what to do, you could use the guidelines we’ve placed below this article. By following the guidelines, you should not run into issues when attempting to get rid of it. If you have a hard time with the instructions, or if the process itself is not going in the right direction, choosing the other option would be best. Obtaining spyware elimination software for the removal of the threat could best in that case. If it spots the infection, have it terminate it. Attempt to modify your browser’s settings, if you are successful, it means you gotten rid of the threat. The browser hijacker remains if what you alter in settings is reversed. If you take care to install programs properly in the future, you should be able to avoid these kinds of threats in the future. In order to have a clean computer, at least decent habits are necessary.
Download Removal Toolto scan for SearchConverterIncTo scan for SearchConverterInc, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like SearchConverterInc and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove SearchConverterInc
- Automatic SearchConverterInc removal
- Uninstall SearchConverterInc from Windows manually
- Manual SearchConverterInc removal from Mac OS
- How to remove SearchConverterInc from your Internet browser
- Delete SearchConverterInc from Internet Explorer
- Delete SearchConverterInc from Google Chrome
- Uninstall SearchConverterInc from Mozilla Firefox
- How to uninstall SearchConverterInc from Safari
- Delete SearchConverterInc from Microsoft Edge
Automatic SearchConverterInc removal
We advise using anti-spyware or some other malware removal program for SearchConverterInc removal because it is the easiest. Anti-spyware programs can remove all types of threats so they should have no issues with SearchConverterInc. Simply download the application, start a scan, and delete SearchConverterInc. However, you may uninstall SearchConverterInc manually, and we’ll explain in the below provided instructions.
Uninstall SearchConverterInc from Windows manually
- Open Control Panel by clicking Start (the windows logo bottom-left corner of the screen) and then Settings.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete SearchConverterInc.
- Check all installed applications for anything else that appears dubious and remove them.
- Press the windows key to access start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Locate SearchConverterInc and remove it.
- It’s also suggested to go through all other programs for any other suspicious applications, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
- You will need to open Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Locate SearchConverterInc and delete it.
- You ought to also do the same with all other programs you do not recognise.
Manual SearchConverterInc removal from Mac OS
You should not have any issues with removing SearchConverterInc from your Mac computer. But removing the application will not be enough, you will also have to remove any leftover files.
- Finder – Applications.
- Put SearchConverterInc into the trash.
- It’s also advised to go through all other programs to see if anything else causes suspicion.
- Access Go to Folder by pressing Go on the menu bar and then clicking on Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and put them in the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and drag them to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all questionable files to the trash.
- Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
How to remove SearchConverterInc from your Internet browser
Delete SearchConverterInc from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons via the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Delete SearchConverterInc and any other unfamiliar extension by pressing on them and pressing Remove.
- Access Internet Options through browser menu (the gear icon).
- If you open the General tab, you’ll be able to change your homepage to a web page of your preference.
- Access Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and selecting Manage Add-ons.
- Open Search Providers (from the menu on the left), delete the one set by SearchConverterInc and set one of your preference.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default might be necessary if you’re still having problems with SearchConverterInc.
- For users using computers running Windows XP, press start and open Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, access Advanced and click Reset.
- If your device is running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Delete SearchConverterInc from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and remove SearchConverterInc, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You may modify your homepage in On startup.
- Go to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, access Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
If you are still having trouble, you’ll have to restore your browser’s settings.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Click Reset and then press Reset again.
Uninstall SearchConverterInc from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, look for SearchConverterInc and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- Access Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- In the Home tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by SearchConverterInc.
- Access the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine.
If you are still having trouble, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- When Mozilla Firefox is open, access the menu (the three bars), Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the new window that pops up, press Refresh Firefox.
- Affirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
How to uninstall SearchConverterInc from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, locate and remove SearchConverterInc, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Access the General tab, you will see a homepage set by SearchConverterInc, set it to one you prefer.
- Access the Search tab, change your search engine.
If SearchConverterInc is still giving you problems, restoring your browser settings may be necessary.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and click on Clear History.
- Click Safari on the menu bar, click on Preferences and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Click on Develop (on the menu bar) and select Empty Caches.
Delete SearchConverterInc from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find SearchConverterInc and any other unfamiliar extension, and delete them.
- Click on menu (the three dots), click Settings.
- In the On startup tab, remove the homepage set by SearchConverterInc and set one of your preference.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine.
If SearchConverterInc is still causing issues, it may be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Open Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots, select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.