About browser hijackers
Search-checker.com redirect virus may be accountable for the alterations carried out to your browser, and it could have entered along with free programs. The infection was possibly added to a free application as an additional item, and since you did not deselect it, it was allowed to install. If you do not want these kinds of threats to inhabit your machine, be careful about what type of programs you install. Browser hijackers are not exactly malicious but they do perform some questionable activity. You’ll notice that instead of the usual home website and new tabs, your browser will now load a different page. Your search engine will also be modified, and it could insert advertisement links among the real results. It would attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages so that web page owners can make profit from boosted traffic. You need to be careful with those redirects since one of them might lead you to a malicious program infection. And you don’t want to have to deal with malware since it would be a much more severe. You may find the browser hijacker’s supplied features useful but you ought to know that you can find real extensions with the same features, which do not put your OS in danger. Something else you ought to be aware of is that some hijackers will be following your activity and gathering certain data to know what you’re more likely to click on. In addition, dubious third-parties may be granted access to that data. And that is why you ought to uninstall Search-checker.com the moment you see it.
What you should know about these threats
It’s likely that you ran into the redirect virus accidentally, when you were installing free software. Since they’re pretty invasive and aggravating infections, we highly doubt you got it knowing what it is. This is an effective method because users do not pay attention during program installations, instead, opting to hurry and not read the data that is provided. The offers are hiding and if you rush, you have no chance of seeing them, and you not noticing them means their installation will be permitted. By picking Default settings, you might be allowing authorizing the installation of all kinds of unfamiliar software, so it would be best if you did not use them. Choose Advanced or Custom settings when you are installing something, and attached offers will become visible. Deselecting all the boxes is suggested if you want to stop the unnecessary programs. You should only continue with the application installation after you have unchecked everything. Preventing the infection from the very beginning can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later will be time-consuming. You also have to stop downloading from untrustworthy web pages, and instead, select official/legitimate pages/stores.
Even if you aren’t the most computer-savvy person, you will notice a browser hijacker infection almost immediately. It will modify your browser’s settings, set its advertised website as your homepage, new tabs and search engine, and it’ll be done even without requiring your authorization. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers altered. The website will greet you every time your browser is opened, and this will continue until you uninstall Search-checker.com from your device. And even if you try to alter the settings back, the browser hijacker will just reverse them. If your search engine is modified, every time you carry out a search via browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you would get suspicious results. Trusting those results is not encouraged because you’ll end up on sponsored pages. Owners of certain sites intend to boost traffic to earn more revenue, and they use hijackers to reroute you to them. With more visitors, it is more likely that the the possibility of users engaging with ads is increased. If you click on those pages, you’ll be taken to entirely unrelated sites, where you will find no appropriate data. Some might seem real, if you were to search for ‘anti-malware’, it’s possible you might encounter results for pages advertising shady products but they may seem entirely valid in the beginning. You might even end up on sites that harbor malicious software. In addition, the hijacker may also be following your Internet activity and collecting certain type of information about you. Some hijackers share the information with unknown parties, and it is used to make more user relevant advertisements. Or the redirect virus would use it to make more customized sponsored content. We recommend you to remove Search-checker.com as it will do more damage than good. Don’t forget to reverse the modified settings after the termination process is carried out.
Ways to delete Search-checker.com
Hijackers don’t belong on your machine, thus the sooner you terminate Search-checker.com, the better. While you have two options when it comes to disposing of the reroute virus, manual and automatic, pick the one based on your experience with computers. You’ll have to identify the redirect virus yourself if you pick the former method. If you’ve never dealt with this type of thing before, below this article you will see instructions to aid you, while the process shouldn’t cause too much difficulty, it might take more time than you expect. By following the guidelines, you should not run into problems when getting rid of it. The other option might be the correct choice if you have no prior experience dealing with this kind of thing. Downloading spyware removal software for the elimination of the infection might best in that case. Spyware removal software is made for for disposing of these kinds of infections, so the elimination process should not be a problem. If your browser allows you to alter the settings back, you have successfully gotten rid of the hijacker. The infection is still present on your PC if your browser loads the same page. Having to deal with these kinds of hijacker may be quite irritating, so better block their installation in the future, which means you should actually pay attention when you install software. If you possess good tech habits, you will avoid a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Search-checker.comTo scan for Search-checker.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Search-checker.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Search-checker.com
- Automatic Search-checker.com removal
- Manual Search-checker.com removal from Windows
- Manual Search-checker.com removal from Mac OS
- Search-checker.com deletion from your Internet browser
- Remove Search-checker.com from Internet Explorer
- Search-checker.com removal from Google Chrome
- Search-checker.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Search-checker.com removal from Safari
- Uninstall Search-checker.com from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Search-checker.com removal
Using security program like anti-spyware to delete Search-checker.com is advised. The program will take care of everything, as dealing with these programs is its aim. To uninstall Search-checker.com, you need to download the software and scan your system. However, you may remove Search-checker.com manually, and the below provided instructions will explain how.
Manual Search-checker.com removal from Windows
- Push the windows key on the keyboard to open Start menu (or simply press Start), then select Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete Search-checker.com.
- We also recommend going through all other installed applications to see if anything else is suspicious.
- Press the windows key to open start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Search-checker.com.
- It is also a great idea to go through all other programs to see if anything else causes suspicion.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Locate Search-checker.com and uninstall it.
- If you see any other applications you do not recognise, remove them as well.
Manual Search-checker.com removal from Mac OS
Uninstalling Search-checker.com from your Mac computer is rather simple. But in addition to uninstalling the application, you will also have to remove any leftover files.
- Finder – Applications.
- Drag Search-checker.com into the trash.
- You should also do the same with all additional applications you don’t recognise.
- If you click Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. If you see any questionable and recently added files, trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. If you notice any suspicious and recently added files, put them in the trash.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
Search-checker.com deletion from your Internet browser
Remove Search-checker.com from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and press Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on Search-checker.com and all unfamiliar extensions.
- Open Internet Options by clicking on the gear icon and selecting Internet Options.
- In the General tab, change the homepage to a site of your preference.
- Open Manage Add-ons by clicking on the browser menu (the gear icon) and clicking Manage Add-ons.
- Press on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine to your preference after you delete the one set by Search-checker.com.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default may be necessary if Search-checker.com is still there.
- For users using computers operating Windows XP, press start and open Run and type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, click the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
Search-checker.com removal from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots at the top-right corner, then More tools and Extensions.
- Find all extensions you can’t identify, as well as Search-checker.com, and remove them.
- Access the menu again and choose Settings.
- In the On startup section, delete the website Search-checker.com set as your homepage and choose one of your choice.
- Access the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, then Manage search engines, change your search engine.
If that didn’t fix your issues, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Google Chrome, open menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Press on Reset and affirm your choice in the warning window.
Search-checker.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, find and delete Search-checker.com, as well as any other extension you cannot identify.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- You will need to change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Open the Search tab from the menu on the left, modify your search engine.
You will need to restore browser’s settings to default if you’re still having problems with Search-checker.com.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the three bars at the top-right corner of the screen, Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Search-checker.com removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, find Search-checker.com and any other unfamiliar extension, and remove them.
- You can modify your homepage in the General tab.
- Go to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will have to be restored if Search-checker.com is still present.
- Clear History by pressing on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and select Clear History.
- Press on Safari on the menu bar, press Preferences and access to the Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- The Develop menu will become visible at the top, press that and then press on Empty Caches.
Uninstall Search-checker.com from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate and delete Search-checker.com, as well as any other extension you cannot identify.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Navigate to the On startup tab, set the homepage of your preference instead of the one set by Search-checker.com.
- Go to Privacy and services tab, delete the search engine set by Search-checker.com and change it to something of your preference.
Your browser’s settings will have to be restored if Search-checker.com is still causing issues.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.