search.accessiblelist.com is a browser hijacker that targets Macs
search.accessiblelist.com is a browser hijacker, also known as a redirect virus, that is meant for Macs. While they’re sometimes referred to as malware, browser hijackers are not harmful system infections because they’re not directly harmful. The hijackers aren’t completely harmless, however, because their main intention is to redirect you to sponsored sites and generate profit. Once the hijacker installs it becomes highly noticeable, even if you did not notice it installing. Your browser will unexpectedly start redirecting you to random pages, search results will have sponsored content mixed in, and other strange behaviour. For users who don’t have the bare minimum knowledge about system infections, the browser behaving oddly will not automatically be a sign of an infection. The situation usually becomes obvious when users research the site they’re redirected to and other signs via Google or a different search engine.
The hijacker won’t only redirect you to weird pages, but will also change browser’s settings. Another homepage/new tabs will greet you when you launch your browser, and annulling these changes might be difficult. The hijacker primarily makes those changes so it could redirect you.
Hijackers can’t install without requiring your consent as they aren’t malware or viruses, even if they’re often considered as such. While users are normally not aware of this, but they install the hijackers themselves. Hijackers, and other pests like adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) are added to freeware as added items, and when users install said freeware, they end up installing the attached items as well. However, avoiding these unwanted installations isn’t hard, and the following section of the article will explain how.
It isn’t the most harmful things your device could get infected with, but you need to still uninstall search.accessiblelist.com as quickly as possible. Not only will it disrupt your usual browsing, malware, scams and other damaging content might be shown to you.
search.accessiblelist.com Browser hijacker spread ways
Free software is frequently used by browser hijackers in order to install. This is called program bundling, and hijackers are attached as extra items to free software, and are permitted to install alongside. The thing about this method is that the added offers are preselected to install with the free software but are covered from users. These undesirable installations are avoidable, however, if you are not rushing the freeware installation.
It is important that you pick Advanced (Custom) settings when installing freeware. If you use Default mode when installing freeware, the added items will not be made visible. All of the offers will be made visible in Advanced, and you’ll be able to deselect everything. It is sufficient to just deselect those boxes. If you avoid undesirable installations in the very beginning, you will not be stuck eliminating threats for hours later on. Another thing to take into consideration is that your device will be clutter-free if you actually follow the installation process.
Is search.accessiblelist.com harmful
The first sign of a hijacker you’ll see is that they redirect to random websites, every time you open your browsers, whether your browser Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Modifications will be made to your browser’s settings by the hijacker so that the web page its advertising is set as the homepage, and every time your browser is opened, that is the site you will see. Not only your homepage, but your default search engine will also be switched. You’ll be redirected to a website promoted by the hijacker and then shown altered search results every time you carry out a search using the browser address bar. Sponsored content will be inserted into results so they’ll have little to do with what you were searching for. The redirects are carried out so that hijackers can generate traffic and profit for sites. A weird redirect is obviously very aggravating, but bear in mind that the web pages might also be damaging. Avoid engaging with any sponsored or advertisement content until you remove the hijacker. You could easily be redirected to harmful page because the hijacker does not ensure the website’s security. A sponsored page could be trying to fool you into taking part in scams or installing malicious software. Even if hijackers do not do direct harm to your computer, they shouldn’t be kept installed.
It should also be said that browser hijackers snoop on users, and collect data about what they search for, what content they are likely to engage with, what websites they visit, their IP addresses, etc. Unknown third-parties may later get access to the data and use it for ad purposes.
To summarize, the hijacker is pretty troublesome because it installs without consent, it makes unwanted browser changes, and leads to potentially damaging pages. The sooner you uninstall search.accessiblelist.com, the better.
For the simplest way to delete search.accessiblelist.com, use anti-spyware software. The software would take care of everything and guarantee the threat is completely gone. For users with experience in computers, it also should not be too complicated to remove search.accessiblelist.com manually. There shouldn’t be any issues restoring your browser’s settings back to what they were after search.accessiblelist.com elimination.
Download Removal Toolto scan for search.accessiblelist.comTo scan for search.accessiblelist.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like search.accessiblelist.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove search.accessiblelist.com
- Automatic search.accessiblelist.com removal
- How to manually uninstall search.accessiblelist.com from Windows
- How to manually delete search.accessiblelist.com from Mac OS
- How to remove search.accessiblelist.com from your Internet browser
- Delete search.accessiblelist.com from Internet Explorer
- search.accessiblelist.com removal from Google Chrome
- search.accessiblelist.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- How to delete search.accessiblelist.com from Safari
- search.accessiblelist.com removal from Microsoft Edge
Automatic search.accessiblelist.com removal
It’s a good idea to use anti-spyware or some other security software for search.accessiblelist.com removal because it is the easiest. search.accessiblelist.com should be uninstalled by anti-spyware easily because they are designed to deal with such infections. Simply download the software, carry out a scan, and delete search.accessiblelist.com. But if you carry on reading, we’ll also explain manual search.accessiblelist.com removal.
How to manually uninstall search.accessiblelist.com from Windows
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove search.accessiblelist.com.
- Uninstall any additional program that causes suspicion.
- Open Control Panel by pressing Start and then Control Panel.
- Access Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall search.accessiblelist.com.
- Uninstall any additional program that causes suspicion.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Uninstall search.accessiblelist.com.
- Look through all programs installed on your device for anything else that seems questionable and remove them.
How to manually delete search.accessiblelist.com from Mac OS
Deleting search.accessiblelist.com from your Mac computer is not complicated. But in addition to uninstalling the application, any leftover files will need to be deleted.
- Click on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and press on Applications from the side menu.
- In Applications, locate search.accessiblelist.com and drag it into the trash or alternatively right-click on the application and select Move to Trash.
- Check all installed applications for anything else that’s suspicious and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder by clicking Go on the menu bar and then clicking on Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag any dubious and recently-added files to the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag any suspicious and recently-added files to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all dubious files to the trash.
- Right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
How to remove search.accessiblelist.com from your Internet browser
Delete search.accessiblelist.com from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons via the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Find search.accessiblelist.com and any extensions you cannot identify and delete it/them by pressing on them and pressing Remove.
- Open Internet Options through browser menu (the gear icon).
- You will be able to modify your homepage to your preferred web page in the General tab.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and click on Manage Add-ons.
- Access Search Providers (from the menu on the left), remove the one set by search.accessiblelist.com and pick one of your choice.
If search.accessiblelist.com is still causing problems, it might be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- For Windows XP users, click start and open Run and type inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If your device is running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Press Reset again.
search.accessiblelist.com removal from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Access the menu by clicking the three dots at the top-right corner, then More tools and Extensions.
- Locate and delete search.accessiblelist.com, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You may modify your homepage in On startup.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, click Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
If search.accessiblelist.com is still giving you problems, it might be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Launch Google Chrome, open menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Press on Reset and confirm your choice in the warning window.
search.accessiblelist.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Access Add-ons through the menu (the three bars).
- Click on Extensions, locate and remove search.accessiblelist.com, and any other extension you cannot identify.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- You can change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Open the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine.
If search.accessiblelist.com is still giving you problems, restoring your browser settings may be necessary.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
How to delete search.accessiblelist.com from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and select Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, identify all unknown extensions, as well as search.accessiblelist.com, and delete them.
- In the General tab, remove the page search.accessiblelist.com set as your homepage and choose one of your preference.
- Open the Search tab, change your search engine.
If you are still having issues with search.accessiblelist.com, you’ll need to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and click on Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the menu bar at the top), select Preferences and go to the Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- You will be able to see the Develop menu at the top, press that and press on Empty Caches.
search.accessiblelist.com removal from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Press the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, and press Extensions.
- Locate and remove search.accessiblelist.com, and any other extension you can’t identify.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- Navigate to the On startup tab, remove the homepage set by search.accessiblelist.com and pick your preferred one.
- Navigate to Privacy and services tab, remove the search engine set by search.accessiblelist.com and pick your preferred one.
If search.accessiblelist.com is still causing problems, resetting your browser settings may be necessary.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.