What is PDFConverterSearchHQ
PDFConverterSearchHQ is a redirect virus that possibly infected your PC via freeware bundles. Freeware generally have some kind of offers added, and when users don’t untick them, they are allowed to install. These kinds of threats are why it is important that you pay attention to what software you install, and how you do it. Redirect viruses are rather low-level infections they do behave in an unnecessary way. example, you will notice that your browser’s settings have been changes, and you new tabs and homepages will be set to an entirely different website. What you will also find is that your search is modified, and it might be able to manipulate search results and insert sponsored links into them.
If you click on one of those result, you will be redirected to strange pages, whose owners are attempting to earn money from traffic. You need to be careful with those redirects as you might contaminate your PC with malicious software if you were redirected to a dangerous website. And a malware infection would bring about much more harm. You might consider hijackers beneficial but you can find the same features in legitimate extensions, ones that won’t try to redirect you. Browser hijackers are also known to gather certain kind of data, like websites visited, so that they could make more customized adverts. Or it could later share that info with third-parties. So you are highly encouraged to delete PDFConverterSearchHQ as quickly as possible.
What does PDFConverterSearchHQ do
It’s likely that you encountered the browser hijacker accidentally, during freeware installation. We do not believe that you obtained it in any other way, as no one would install them knowing what they are. This is an effective method because people do not pay attention during program installations, instead, choosing to rush and not read the data that is provided. To prevent their installation, you have to deselect them, but since they’re concealed, you may not notice them by hurrying the process. By picking Default settings, you might be permitting all kinds of unfamiliar offers to install, so it would be best if you did not use them. Advanced (Custom) settings, on the other hand, will display you those items. Make sure you deselect all the offers. You should only continue installing the program after you have unchecked everything. Even if these are petty infections, they take some time to deal with and may be complex to get rid of, so it’s best if you prevent their infection initially. Furthermore, be more careful about where you get your applications from as unreliable sources could cause a lot of trouble.
Redirect virus infections are very noticeable, even by non computer-savvy people. Your home web page, new tabs and search engine will be altered without your explicit permission, and that is somewhat hard to not notice. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be among the browsers altered. The web page will load every time you open your browser, and this will go on until you delete PDFConverterSearchHQ from your machine. Modifying the settings back would a waste of time because the redirect virus will alter them again. If the redirect virus also sets a different search engine for you, every time you do a search via browser’s address bar or the provided search box, you would receive results made by that engine. Since the threat’s main intention is to redirect you, be careful of sponsored content in the results. The redirect viruses will redirect you because they intend to help site owners earn more revenue, and with more traffic, more advertisement revenue is earned. More traffic helps web pages since more users will possibly interact with the ads. Those web pages are generally fairly obvious because they evidently have nothing to do with what you were initially looking for. There will be cases, however, where they might seem real at first, if you were to search ‘virus’, websites advertising fake security programs may come up, and they may seem to be legitimate initially. Hijackers don’t examine those web pages for malicious programs, thus you might be redirected to a page that would launch a malicious software download onto your machine. Your browsing activity will also be followed, information about what you would be interested in collected. Unfamiliar parties could also get access to the info, and it may be used to make adverts. Or the browser hijacker may use it to make sponsored results that are more customized. Ensure you terminate PDFConverterSearchHQ before it can lead to more serious danger. Since the reroute virus will no longer be there to stop you, after you complete the process, ensure you change your browser’s settings.
How to remove PDFConverterSearchHQ
Since you now realize how the infection is affecting your computer, erase PDFConverterSearchHQ. Depending on how computer-savvy you are, you can pick either manual and automatic way to clean your operating system of the browser hijacker. If you have experience with deleting programs, you may proceed with the former, as you’ll have to find the infection yourself. The process itself is not complex, albeit more time-consuming than you may have initially thought, but you’re welcome to use the guidelines presented below this article. If you follow them step-by-step, you ought to not encounter problems. If you have a hard time with the instructions, or if the process itself is giving you problems, the other option might be more suitable for you. In that case, download spyware elimination software, and have it take care of everything. Spyware elimination software will identify the threat and deal with it without problems. If you can reverse the executed changes to your browser’s settings, you have successfully gotten rid of the browser hijacker. If the same site keeps loading even after you change the settings, the redirect virus is still present. Now that you’ve experienced the annoyance that is a browser hijacker, try to avoid them. In order to have an uncluttered device, good habits are a must.
Download Removal Toolto scan for PDFConverterSearchHQTo scan for PDFConverterSearchHQ, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like PDFConverterSearchHQ and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove PDFConverterSearchHQ
- Automatic PDFConverterSearchHQ removal
- How to manually remove PDFConverterSearchHQ from Windows
- Remove PDFConverterSearchHQ from your Mac OS manually
- PDFConverterSearchHQ deletion from your Internet browser
- How to delete PDFConverterSearchHQ from Internet Explorer
- PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Google Chrome
- PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Mozilla Firefox
- PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Safari
- PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Microsoft Edge
Automatic PDFConverterSearchHQ removal
Using malware removal program such as anti-spyware is the simplest way to remove PDFConverterSearchHQ from both Mac and Windows devices. Anti-spyware will quickly delete PDFConverterSearchHQ since it’s designed to deal with such infections. To delete PDFConverterSearchHQ, you have to download the software and scan your computer. However, it’s also possible to uninstall PDFConverterSearchHQ manually, and you will find instructions below.
How to manually remove PDFConverterSearchHQ from Windows
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start (the windows logo bottom-left corner of the screen) and then Settings.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and remove PDFConverterSearchHQ.
- It’s also a good idea to go through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there is anything, delete it/them.
- Open Control Panel by pressing Start and then Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Delete PDFConverterSearchHQ.
- Remove any other suspicious application you are not familiar with.
- You will need to access Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and select Programs and Features.
- Remove PDFConverterSearchHQ.
- Check all your installed applications, and delete anything else that cause suspicion.
Remove PDFConverterSearchHQ from your Mac OS manually
You should not have any problems with uninstalling PDFConverterSearchHQ from your Mac computer. But in addition to deleting the program, you’ll also have to delete any leftover files.
- Access Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, find PDFConverterSearchHQ and drag it into the trash or you can right-click on the program and select Move to Trash.
- We also suggest checking through all other applications for any other dubious applications, and if there is anything, uninstall it/them.
- Press Go from the menu bar and then Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. If you note any suspicious and recently added files, drag them to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If you note any dubious and recently added files, trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all questionable files to the trash.
- You’ll need to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
PDFConverterSearchHQ deletion from your Internet browser
How to delete PDFConverterSearchHQ from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Click Remove on PDFConverterSearchHQ and all extensions you don’t recognise.
- Press the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and alter your homepage to a site of your choice.
- Access Manage Add-ons by pressing on the browser menu (the gear icon) and pressing Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine after you remove the one set by PDFConverterSearchHQ.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if PDFConverterSearchHQ is still there.
- For Windows XP users, click start and open Run and type inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon, press on Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Press Reset again.
PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, then More tools and Extensions.
- Find PDFConverterSearchHQ and any other unfamiliar extension, and delete them.
- Click the three dots top-right and select Settings.
- Access On startup, you will see that PDFConverterSearchHQ set an odd website as your homepage, change it to one of your preference.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, delete the search engine PDFConverterSearchHQ set for you and set it to one of your preference.
If you are still having issues, you will have to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Press on Reset and click Reset again in the window that appears.
PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Press on the three bars top-right, and click Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, locate and remove PDFConverterSearchHQ, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Open Preferences through the menu (the three dots).
- In the Home tab, remove the page PDFConverterSearchHQ set as your homepage and pick one of your preference.
- Open the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine from the one PDFConverterSearchHQ set for you to something else.
If PDFConverterSearchHQ is still giving you problems, it may be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, press the three bars at the top-right corner of the screen, Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox in the new window that pops up.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Press on Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, find and remove PDFConverterSearchHQ, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- If you go to the General tab, you will see that PDFConverterSearchHQ set an odd site as your homepage, set it to one of your choice.
- Go to the Search tab, change your search engine from the one set by PDFConverterSearchHQ to something else.
Restoring your browser’s settings might be necessary if PDFConverterSearchHQ is still there.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and click on Clear History.
- Press Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Click on Develop (on the menu bar) and then on Empty Caches.
PDFConverterSearchHQ removal from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Press the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, and press Extensions.
- Find and remove PDFConverterSearchHQ, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you’ll see that PDFConverterSearchHQ set an odd site as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one set by PDFConverterSearchHQ to something of your choice.
If PDFConverterSearchHQ is still giving you issues, it may be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.