Remove Online Virus Scanner page
What is Online Virus Scanner page
Online Virus Scanner page is a phishing website that tries to trick users into revealing their email login credentials. The site claims to scan the computer for malware and displays the logos of the most popular anti-virus programs to give the impression that the computer would be scanned using those programs. However, this is a fake website and legitimate anti-virus programs have nothing to do with it.
It’s not a site that you could end up on by typing “online virus scanner” in a search engine. If you ended up on it, either your computer is infected with some kind of adware that causes redirects, or you were browsing a high-risk website that triggered a redirect. When you enter the site, it imitates a scan and then asks you to log in to your email account to complete “Email scan & delete infected all files”. It asks that users put in their email addresses and password. Whatever credentials users put in, they’ll be shown a message that user authentication failed while the login credentials will be sent to the scammers behind this page.
If you have put in your email address and password you need to change your password immediately. Once you have done that, also enable two-factor-authentication to make your account more secure and prevent unauthorized access.
Adware could redirect to the Online Virus Scanner page
If you find yourself constantly redirected to Online Virus Scanner page, you may be dealing with adware. Adware is a minor, albeit very annoying infection that shows ads and redirects to all kinds of websites. Adware comes attached to free software as an extra offer and is permitted to install alongside, unless users manually prevent it from doing so. But because the offers are often purposely hidden, many users simply don’t notice them and end up allowing them to install. To make the offer visible, users need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when installing free programs. Those settings will also allow users to deselect everything. All users need to do is uncheck the boxes. If it is adware that’s causing the redirects, you will need to get rid of it to delete Online Virus Scanner page permanently.
It’s also possible to end up on the Online Virus Scanner page by being redirected when visiting high-risk websites. There are certain websites out there that are considered to be high-risk, partially because of the ads they host. It’s usually pornography, free streaming and pirated content sites that users should be careful on. It’s recommended to have adblocker and anti-virus software installed when visiting them.
Online Virus Scanner page is a phishing site
Online Virus Scanner page is nothing more than a phishing site that wants to steal email login credentials. When you first enter the site, it will imitate scanning your computer for viruses. Supposedly, it’s using the malware databases from all popular anti-virus programs to check your computer for viruses. But in reality, it’s not actually doing anything. When the supposed virus scan is complete, you will be asked to confirm your account and type in your email and password.
This phishing attempt is targeting less tech-savvy people as most users who regularly use the Internet will know that no legitimate unrelated website will ever ask for your email or any other service login credentials. If users do put in their email and password, the credentials would be sent to the ones operating this scam, while the screen would say that user authentication failed because the password was incorrect.
Online virus scanners are not a thing. There is no way a website would be able to tell whether the computer is infected with a virus. Only anti-virus software that is installed on a computer can scan it for malware.
Online Virus Scanner page removal
If you are dealing with adware that’s redirecting you, you will need to get rid of it to remove Online Virus Scanner page for good. If you now realize that you have provided your email login credentials to these scammers, change your password at once. You also need to enable two-factor-authentication that would prevent unauthorized access to your email account.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Online Virus Scanner pageTo scan for Online Virus Scanner page, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Online Virus Scanner page and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Online Virus Scanner page
- Automatic Online Virus Scanner page removal
- Manual Online Virus Scanner page removal from Windows
- How to manually delete Online Virus Scanner page from Mac OS
- Online Virus Scanner page removal from your Internet browser
- How to remove Online Virus Scanner page from Internet Explorer
- Online Virus Scanner page removal from Google Chrome
- Online Virus Scanner page removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Online Virus Scanner page removal from Safari
- Online Virus Scanner page deletion from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Online Virus Scanner page removal
Using security software like anti-spyware to uninstall Online Virus Scanner page is advised. The application will do everything, as uninstalling these applications is its aim. To delete Online Virus Scanner page, all you need to do is download the program and carry out a scan. However, you can delete Online Virus Scanner page manually, and you can learn how by reading the below given instructions.
Manual Online Virus Scanner page removal from Windows
- Open Control Panel, and to do that click Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete Online Virus Scanner page.
- You ought to also do the same with all additional unfamiliar applications.
- Press the windows key to access start menu and press Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Online Virus Scanner page.
- We also suggest checking through all other programs for any other dubious programs, and if there is anything, uninstall it/them.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Uninstall Online Virus Scanner page.
- It’s also recommended to go through all other applications for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, delete it/them.
How to manually delete Online Virus Scanner page from Mac OS
You shouldn’t have any problems with removing Online Virus Scanner page from your Mac computer. However, removing the remaining files will also be necessary as well as deleting the application.
- Open Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, find Online Virus Scanner page and put it into the trash or alternatively right-click on the program and press Move to Trash.
- Trash any other questionable application you are unfamiliar with.
- Open Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. If Any recently-added files look dubious, put them in the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If you see any other questionable files, trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. If Any recently-added files seem dubious, trash them.
- Don’t forget to empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash icon and pressing Empty Trash.
Online Virus Scanner page removal from your Internet browser
How to remove Online Virus Scanner page from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Uninstall Online Virus Scanner page and any other extension you’re not familiar with by selecting them and pressing Remove.
- Gear icon to access menu – Internet Options.
- You will be able to change your homepage to your preferred page in the General tab.
- Open Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and clicking Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers (from the left side menu, change the search engine after you remove the one set by Online Virus Scanner page.
If Online Virus Scanner page is still causing problems, it might be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- If your computer is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If your device is running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by pressing Reset again.
Online Virus Scanner page removal from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find all extensions you do not recognise, as well as Online Virus Scanner page, and delete them.
- Open the menu again and choose Settings.
- If you go to On startup, you will see a homepage set by Online Virus Scanner page, change it to one you prefer.
- Go to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, then Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
In case you’re still having issues with Online Virus Scanner page, you’ll have to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and affirm your choice.
Online Virus Scanner page removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons via the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Open Extensions, look for Online Virus Scanner page and any other extension you cannot identify, and delete them.
- Open Preferences through the menu (the three dots).
- You can modify your homepage in the Home tab.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine.
If you’re still having issues with Online Virus Scanner page, it’ll be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Online Virus Scanner page removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find and delete Online Virus Scanner page, as well as any other unknown extension.
- You will have to modify your homepage in the General tab.
- Go to the Search tab, modify your search engine from the one set by Online Virus Scanner page to something else.
If Online Virus Scanner page is still giving you issues, it may be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari on the menu bar, and press Clear History.
- Press on Safari (from the menu bar at the top), press Preferences and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by clicking on the Develop menu and then selecting Empty Caches.
Online Virus Scanner page deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find Online Virus Scanner page and any other unknown extension, and remove them.
- Click on menu (the three dots), click Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you will see that Online Virus Scanner page set a strange site as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Navigate to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one set by Online Virus Scanner page to something else.
If Online Virus Scanner page is still giving you problems, restoring your browser settings may be necessary.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, press on menu (the three dots), select Settings, press on the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.