Remove mysmartconverter [Explained]
About this infection
mysmartconverter is your classic browser intruder that may infiltrate a PC without the user noticing. It is able to do that because it is adjoined to free programs so that when users are installing that freeware, they unknowingly permit the hijacker to infiltrate as well. The redirect virus is not going to endanger your device directly as it is not a severe computer threat. Nevertheless, you should not keep it installed. You will notice that your net browser’s settings have been modified and reroutes to sponsored websites are happening. Additionally it might be capable of redirecting you to a web page that damaging. Since it presents no useful traits you are recommended erase mysmartconverter.
How does it spread
Redirect viruses arrive added as an extra offer to freeware. Even if those items are optional, most users set them up anyway and it is normally because Default mode is chosen when settings up free programs. Everything is hiding in Advanced (Custom) settings so if you wish to bypass setting up unneeded items, ensure that you choose those settings. You should be cautious because a somewhat large number of offers is adjoined to free programs. Those offers may be fully non-dangerous, but it is better to be safe than sorry. You are firmly recommended to eradicate mysmartconverter.
Why is mysmartconverter removal needed
As soon as it arrives into your computer, your browser will be hijacked and adjustments to settings will be performed. Whether you are employing Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox it will be instantly noticeable that your homepage and new tabs have been modified to the hijacker’s sponsored site. The first thing you may try doing is annul the alterations but you will be blocked from doing so until you erase mysmartconverter entirely, with no remains left behind. You will have a pretty basic page set as your home web page, it will have a few adverts flashing around and a search engine. Be cautious if you use the provided search tool since Be careful of sponsored websites if you opt to use the supplied search box. We must caution you that you might end up obtaining some kind of malware if you were to get directed to doubtful pages by the search engine. In order to prevent this from happening, remove mysmartconverter from your system.
Manual mysmartconverter deletion is possible so you could try that, just take into consideration that you will have to locate the redirect virus by yourself. If you bump into issues, you can try anti-spyware utilities and it ought to be able to remove mysmartconverter. Whichever way you opt for, ensure that you erase the hijacker completely.
Download Removal Toolto scan for mysmartconverterTo scan for mysmartconverter, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like mysmartconverter and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove mysmartconverter
- Uninstall mysmartconverter with anti-spyware software
- How to manually uninstall mysmartconverter from Windows
- How to manually uninstall mysmartconverter from Mac OS
- How to delete mysmartconverter from your Internet browser
- How to uninstall mysmartconverter from Internet Explorer
- mysmartconverter removal from Google Chrome
- Remove mysmartconverter from Mozilla Firefox
- Uninstall mysmartconverter from Safari
- Uninstall mysmartconverter from Microsoft Edge
Uninstall mysmartconverter with anti-spyware software
Using security software such as anti-spyware is the simplest way to delete mysmartconverter from both Mac and Windows systems. Anti-spyware programs are created to remove all types of threats so they should not have problems with mysmartconverter. These software are easy enough to use and should have no trouble uninstalling mysmartconverter. If you scroll down, we’ll also explain manual mysmartconverter deletion.
How to manually uninstall mysmartconverter from Windows
- Open Control Panel by clicking Start (the windows logo bottom-left corner of the screen) and then Settings.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall mysmartconverter.
- Check all your installed programs, and remove anything else you don’t recognise.
- Access Control Panel by pressing Start and then Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Find mysmartconverter and delete it.
- Delete any other suspicious program you don’t recognise.
- You’ll need to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Delete mysmartconverter.
- Delete any other questionable program you are unfamiliar with.
How to manually uninstall mysmartconverter from Mac OS
You should not have any issues with deleting mysmartconverter from your Mac computer. However, deleting the related files will also be necessary as well as deleting the program.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and select Applications from the side menu.
- Put mysmartconverter into the trash.
- Look through all programs installed on your computer for anything else that appears suspicious and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag any dubious files to the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. If Any recently-added files appear questionable, trash them.
- Do not forget to empty the trash by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
How to delete mysmartconverter from your Internet browser
How to uninstall mysmartconverter from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons via the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Click Remove on mysmartconverter and all unfamiliar extensions.
- Access Internet Options by clicking on the gear icon and selecting Internet Options.
- In the General tab, change the homepage to your preferred web page.
- Access Manage Add-ons by pressing on the browser menu (the gear icon) and pressing Manage Add-ons.
- Press Search Providers (from the menu on the left), set the search engine after you remove the one set by mysmartconverter.
Resetting your browser’s settings will likely be necessary if mysmartconverter is still there.
- For Windows XP users, click start and click on Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon, press on Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Click Reset again to confirm.
mysmartconverter removal from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find mysmartconverter and any other unknown extension, and delete them.
- Open Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- Access On startup, you’ll see that mysmartconverter set an odd website as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu on the left, click Manage search engines, change your search engine.
If you are still having trouble, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Click Reset and confirm your choice.
Remove mysmartconverter from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Access Add-ons through the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Access Extensions, locate and delete mysmartconverter, and any other extension you don’t know.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- In the Home tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by mysmartconverter.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine.
In case mysmartconverter is still there, your browser’s settings will have to be restored to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the new window that pops up, click on Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Uninstall mysmartconverter from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Press on Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, identify all unfamiliar extensions, as well as mysmartconverter, and delete them.
- Access the General tab, you’ll see that mysmartconverter set an odd page as your homepage, change it to one of your choice.
- Open the Search tab, remove the search engine set by mysmartconverter and set your preferred one.
Resetting your browser’s settings might be necessary if you are still having problems with mysmartconverter.
- Launch Safari, press on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and press Clear History.
- Safari – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Click on Develop (on the menu bar) and then on Empty Caches.
Uninstall mysmartconverter from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find mysmartconverter and any other extension you cannot identify, and delete them.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots).
- In the On startup tab, delete the website mysmartconverter set as your homepage and choose your preferred one.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one set by mysmartconverter to something else.
Your browser’s settings will have to be restored if mysmartconverter is still present.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, click on menu (the three dots), select Settings, click on the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.