Remove MyDocsHere toolbar [Removal Steps]
What is MyDocsHere toolbar
MyDocsHere toolbar is one of many questionable extensions designed by Mindspark, the developer behind hp.myway.com. The extension is classified as a browser hijacker due to its questionable behaviour, and we highly doubt you want to keep it, seeing as you’re reading this. It’s very likely that the extension installed without your permission and you were taken by surprise by the changes it makes to your browser’s settings. The hijacker will take over your browser and set hp.myway.com as the homepage and new tabs, and encourage you use its promoted search engine.
While the extension is promoted as something useful, its main intention is to expose users to as much sponsored content as possible. When you perform a search with the promoted search engine, search results will include a lot of sponsored results. We don’t recommend you click on those results because they will rarely have anything to do with what you were searching for. Since it will be of no use to you, we suggest you remove MyDocsHere toolbar.
While it is possible you downloaded and installed the extension yourself, it’s much more likely that you were tricked via software bundling. What likely happened was the hijacker came attached to a free program you installed, and you did not notice. Continue reading to find out how you can avoid this in the future.
How did the hijacker install
The hijacker is advertised as a useful extension so it’s not impossible that you downloaded it yourself. However, avoid downloading any kind of program without first doing extensive research. A simple search with Google would have made clear that MyDocsHere toolbar is a browser hijacker.
If you cannot remember installing the extension yourself, it likely installed via freeware bundling. Many questionable extensions like this one use software bundling to install because it allows them to bypass users’ permission and install unnoticed. Browser hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) come attached to free software as extra offers. Those offers are set to install alongside the freeware, unless users deselect them. However, since they’re hidden, most users end up missing them.
To make the offers visible, you need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. Advanced settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect everything. After you uncheck the boxes of those offers, you can continue to install the freeware.
Should you uninstall MyDocsHere toolbar
The thing about browser hijackers is that they are very noticeable infections. You will immediately know that something’s wrong because your browser’s homepage, new tabs and default search engine will be changed to hp.myway.com. Those changes will be irreversible while the hijacker is installed so do not waste your time. Until you delete MyDocsHere toolbar, you will be stuck with your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers opening the page every time they’re launched.
Since the extension is advertised as a tool for creating documents, your homepage will have shortcuts to document, sheet, and presentation creation services. There will also be a search box in the middle of the site. If you search for something via it or your browser’s address bar, you will be shown results from hp.myway.com. Keep in mind that those search results will be altered to include sponsored content. Most of it will be unrelated to what you search for so you would have no reason to click on it. And hijackers can even expose you to sites that host scams or even malware. While the hijacker itself isn’t particularly dangerous, the sponsored content it may expose you to is a different story.
Browser hijackers also collect information on users’ browsing activities, such as what sites they visit, what they search for, what content they engage with, etc. That information could easily be shared with unknown third-parties.
MyDocsHere toolbar removal
We strongly suggest you use anti-spyware software to delete MyDocsHere toolbar. Manual removal may be difficult because you’d need to find all related files yourself. However, you can uninstall MyDocsHere toolbar manually if you want.
Download Removal Toolto scan for MyDocsHereTo scan for MyDocsHere, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like MyDocsHere and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove MyDocsHere
- Remove MyDocsHere with spyware removal software
- Uninstall MyDocsHere from Windows manually
- Delete MyDocsHere from your Mac OS manually
- MyDocsHere removal from your Internet browser
- Uninstall MyDocsHere from Internet Explorer
- MyDocsHere deletion from Google Chrome
- MyDocsHere removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove MyDocsHere from Safari
- Uninstall MyDocsHere from Microsoft Edge
Remove MyDocsHere with spyware removal software
It’s easiest to remove MyDocsHere from both Macs and Windows computers via anti-spyware or some other security programs. Such applications are developed to delete these threats and ought to be able to remove MyDocsHere. All you have to do is download the software, carry out a scan, and remove MyDocsHere. But if you continue reading, we’ll also explain manual MyDocsHere deletion.
Uninstall MyDocsHere from Windows manually
- Click Start (the windows logo bottom-left corner of the screen) or tap the window key on your keyboard, choose Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and uninstall MyDocsHere.
- It’s also suggested to go through all other applications for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
- Open Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall MyDocsHere.
- Look through all applications installed on your device for other suspicious applications and delete them.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Delete MyDocsHere.
- Look through all your installed programs, and remove anything else questionable.
Delete MyDocsHere from your Mac OS manually
Uninstalling MyDocsHere from a Mac computer isn’t difficult. But we’ll also explain to you how to remove some related files after MyDocsHere deletion.
- Finder – Applications.
- Find MyDocsHere and put it to the trash (the trash icon on the dock).
- It’s also advised to go through all other installed programs to see if anything else causes suspicion.
- In the menu bar, press Go – Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if you see any other suspicious files, put them in the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. If you note any other questionable files, trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag all suspicious files to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and drag them to the trash.
- Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
MyDocsHere removal from your Internet browser
Uninstall MyDocsHere from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on MyDocsHere and all extensions you are unfamiliar with.
- Open Internet Options via browser menu (the gear icon).
- If you open the General tab, you will be able to modify your homepage page.
- Access Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and selecting Manage Add-ons.
- Press on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine after you remove the one MyDocsHere set as the default.
In case you are still struggling with MyDocsHere, your browser’s settings will need to be reset to default.
- If your device is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and press Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
MyDocsHere deletion from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Open the menu by clicking the three dots at the top-right corner, then More tools and Extensions.
- Locate and remove MyDocsHere, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You will need to change your homepage in On startup.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu on the left, then Manage search engines, remove the search engine MyDocsHere set for you and change it to one of your preference.
If that didn’t solve your problems, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and then click Reset again.
MyDocsHere removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, locate and delete MyDocsHere, and any other extension you don’t recognise.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- You may modify your homepage in the Home tab.
- Open the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, delete the search engine MyDocsHere set for you and set it to one of your choice.
In case MyDocsHere is still there, it’ll be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox, click on the three bars at the top-right corner of the screen, Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Remove MyDocsHere from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, locate and delete MyDocsHere, and any other unknown extension.
- Access the General tab, you will see that MyDocsHere set a weird web page as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Go to the Search tab, remove the search engine MyDocsHere set for you and change it to one of your preference.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if you’re still having problems with MyDocsHere.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and select Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Click on Develop (on the menu bar) and then on Empty Caches.
Uninstall MyDocsHere from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Look for MyDocsHere and any other extension you do not recognise, and delete them.
- Click the menu icon (the three dots), press Settings.
- You may modify your homepage in On Startup.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, change your search engine.
If you are still having issues, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots, select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.