Remove Libecomlodr.dylib [Explained]
What is Libecomlodr.dylib
Libecomlodr.dylib appears to be a component of Symantec Endpoint Protection for Mac. Developed by Broadcom Inc., Symantec Endpoint Protection is a security software suite that consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features. It’s a popular program often installed on work computers. Recently, users started reporting that they are constantly getting alerts saying “Libecomlodr.dylib will damage your computer. You should move it to the Trash”. These are legitimate Apple alerts that warn you about possible harmful behaviour of certain files. These Libecomlodr.dylib alerts seem to have started appearing when users updated their OS to Catalina 10.15.4. Users have reported that following the alert’s advice and moving the file to the Trash doesn’t do anything, and the alert reappears soon after.
Catalina is the current version of macOS. It’s been noticed that Catalina is rather sensitive to certain benign files and sometimes alerts users about false issues. There’s not much you can do about it but fortunately it seems that the “Libecomlodr.dylib will damage your computer” alerts are fixable.
Remove “Libecomlodr.dylib will damage your computer” alerts
A new version of Catalina, Catalina 10.15.5 has already been released so if you install that version, that should make the alerts go away. Alternatively, you can try uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection. Unless you’re using a work computer that already had it preinstalled, as a regular user you don’t really need a program like Symantec Endpoint Protection. If you, for whatever reason, need the software, you can try reinstalling it. Users have reported that reinstalling the software and rebooting the Mac has solved the issues. Upgrading to a newer version of Symantec Endpoint Protection is also one of the methods to fix Libecomlodr.dylib alerts that has worked, according to users.
How to remove Libecomlodr.dylib
- Remove Libecomlodr.dylib with spyware removal software
- Delete Libecomlodr.dylib from Windows manually
- How to manually uninstall Libecomlodr.dylib from Mac OS
- Libecomlodr.dylib removal from your Internet browser
- Remove Libecomlodr.dylib from Internet Explorer
- Libecomlodr.dylib deletion from Google Chrome
- Libecomlodr.dylib deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Libecomlodr.dylib deletion from Safari
- Delete Libecomlodr.dylib from Microsoft Edge
Remove Libecomlodr.dylib with spyware removal software
Using anti-spyware or other malware removal software is the simplest way to remove Libecomlodr.dylib from both Mac and Windows computers. Libecomlodr.dylib should be uninstalled by anti-spyware with no problems because their aim is dealing with such threats. All you need to do is download the software, carry out a scan, and uninstall Libecomlodr.dylib. However, you can uninstall Libecomlodr.dylib manually, and we will explain below.
Delete Libecomlodr.dylib from Windows manually
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove Libecomlodr.dylib.
- It is also suggested to go through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, uninstall it/them.
- Access Control Panel by pressing Start and then Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Find Libecomlodr.dylib and uninstall it.
- The same ought to be done to all other applications you do not recognise.
- Right-click on Start and pick Programs and Features.
- Delete Libecomlodr.dylib.
- Remove any other dubious program you don’t recognise.
How to manually uninstall Libecomlodr.dylib from Mac OS
Deleting Libecomlodr.dylib from a Mac computer is not difficult. But in addition to deleting the software, any leftover files will need to be removed.
- Finder – Applications.
- Locate Libecomlodr.dylib and trash it (the trash icon located on the dock).
- You ought to also do the same with all other unfamiliar programs.
- If you press Go on the menu bar, you will see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/Application Support. trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. If Any recently-added files appear questionable, trash them.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
Libecomlodr.dylib removal from your Internet browser
Remove Libecomlodr.dylib from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on Libecomlodr.dylib and all unfamiliar extensions.
- Gear icon to open menu – Internet Options.
- Open the General tab and alter your homepage to a website of your choice.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and click on Manage Add-ons.
- Open Search Providers (from the left side menu), delete the Libecomlodr.dylib set one and set the one you prefer.
If that did not fix your problems, your browser’s settings will need to be restored.
- If you’re using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Press Reset again.
Libecomlodr.dylib deletion from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and remove Libecomlodr.dylib, and any other unknown extension.
- Access the menu again and choose Settings.
- If you go to On startup, you will see a homepage set by Libecomlodr.dylib, set it to one you prefer.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, then Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
If Libecomlodr.dylib is still giving you problems, restoring your browser settings might be necessary.
- Launch Google Chrome, access menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and confirm your choice.
Libecomlodr.dylib deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Access the menu (the three bars on the top-right corner), and then press on Add-ons.
- Click on Extensions, locate and delete Libecomlodr.dylib, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- You can change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Access the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if you’re still having problems with Libecomlodr.dylib.
- When Mozilla Firefox is open, click on the menu (the three bars), Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Libecomlodr.dylib deletion from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Press on Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, identify all unknown extensions, as well as Libecomlodr.dylib, and remove them.
- You will have to change your homepage in the General tab.
- Access the Search tab, delete the search engine Libecomlodr.dylib set for you and choose your preferred one.
In case Libecomlodr.dylib is still giving you issues, your browser’s settings will need to be reset to default.
- Open Safari, press on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and click on Clear History.
- Press Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by pressing on the Develop menu and then selecting Empty Caches.
Delete Libecomlodr.dylib from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate and delete Libecomlodr.dylib, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you’ll see that Libecomlodr.dylib set a strange page as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine.
If you are still having problems, your browser’s settings will have to be restored.
- Open Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots, select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.