What is Install.convertmyvid.com
Install.convertmyvid.com is a questionable website promoting a browser hijacker Convert My Vid Search. The hijacker installs on a computer without explicit permission, changes browser’s settings and attempts to redirect users to sponsored websites in order to generate revenue. Hijackers are very noticeable infections because they set users new homepages, which load every time users open their browsers. They also force uses to use questionable search engines in order to redirect them to sponsored websites.
Hijackers aren’t particularly dangerous infections, nor do they do serious damage to a computer. However, they do try to redirect users to all kinds of sponsored websites, not all of which will be safe. Some of the sites you end up on could be concealing malware or promoting various scams. The redirects are also very annoying as you won’t be able to browse normally. Fortunately, there is no need for you to put up with this as you can just remove Install.convertmyvid.com hijacker.
The hijacker’s sudden appearance likely took your by surprise as you don’t remember installing it. These kinds of infections usually use software bundling to install, which essentially allows them to bypass your permission and install alongside the program they come attached to. Because it’s a rather sneaky installation methods, programs that use it are generally classified potentially unwanted. The following section of the report will explain how you can prevent these installations in the future.
Browser hijacker installations methods
Because users would not install them otherwise, browser hijackers, among other infections like adware, use software bundling. Software bundling is adding extra offers to programs and permitting them to install alongside without requiring users’ permission. Those extra offers are optional but they are set to install alongside automatically. And most free programs have these offers, which is why hijackers are such common infections. Because they are so common, you need to learn how to stop their installation.
During freeware setup, pay attention to what’s written and follow the process carefully. When given the option, choose Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. Those settings will make all extra offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Unchecking the boxes is all it takes. Once that is done, you can continue the installation.
Some of the added offers may seem like useful programs but installing them is not a good idea. Most of those offers are adware, hijackers and potentially unwanted programs. Preventing their installation from the beginning is much easier compared to needing to uninstall them later on. So if you want a junk-free computer, always check what you’re installing.
Is Install.convertmyvid.com dangerous?
As soon as the hijacker installs, it will change browser’s settings and set feed.convertmyvid.com as the homepage, as well as change your default search engine. These changes may affect all popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Once the changes are implemented, you will be unable to undo them until you delete Install.convertmyvid.com hijacker. Until then, you are stuck with the site loading every time you open your browser.
Because your default search engine will also be changed, all searches you perform via your browser address bar will go through the set engine. When you perform a search, you will first be redirected to feed.convertmyvid.com and then to Yahoo search. Yahoo search is a safe and reliable search engine but the hijacker is essentially forcing you to use it. And if you wanted to use Yahoo, you could go there directly without needing a highly questionable third-party website to lead you to it.
Finally, we should mention that the hijacker will track your browsing. It will track what you search for, what content you interact with, what sites you visit, etc. Later, this information may be shared with unknown third-parties.
To uninstall Install.convertmyvid.com browser hijackers, we strongly recommended using anti-spyware software. This would be easiest because the program would do everything. However, it is possible to remove Install.convertmyvid.com manually as well, and instructions will be provided below this report. Once the hijacker is gone, you will be able to change browser’s settings as normal.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Install.convertmyvid.comTo scan for Install.convertmyvid.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Install.convertmyvid.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Install.convertmyvid.com
- Automatic Install.convertmyvid.com removal
- Uninstall Install.convertmyvid.com from Windows manually
- How to manually remove Install.convertmyvid.com from Mac OS
- Install.convertmyvid.com deletion from your Internet browser
- Delete Install.convertmyvid.com from Internet Explorer
- Install.convertmyvid.com removal from Google Chrome
- Uninstall Install.convertmyvid.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Install.convertmyvid.com removal from Safari
- Install.convertmyvid.com removal from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Install.convertmyvid.com removal
We suggest using anti-spyware or some other security program for Install.convertmyvid.com removal because it is the easiest. Security programs ought to remove Install.convertmyvid.com since its purpose is to deal with such infections. To uninstall Install.convertmyvid.com, all you need to do is download the software and start a scan. If you scroll down, we will also explain manual Install.convertmyvid.com deletion.
Uninstall Install.convertmyvid.com from Windows manually
- Click Start (the windows logo located bottom-left corner of the screen) or press the window key on your keyboard, select Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and remove Install.convertmyvid.com.
- Look through all installed applications for other suspicious applications and delete them.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Locate Install.convertmyvid.com and uninstall it.
- Uninstall any additional program that causes suspicion.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Delete Install.convertmyvid.com.
- You should also do the same with all additional not familiar programs.
How to manually remove Install.convertmyvid.com from Mac OS
You shouldn’t have any problems with removing Install.convertmyvid.com from your Mac computer. But we’ll also guide you through removing any leftover files after Install.convertmyvid.com removal.
- Open Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, find Install.convertmyvid.com and put it into the trash or right-click on the program and press Move to Trash.
- If you see any other applications you do not recognise, remove them as well.
- If you press Go on the menu bar, you will see Go to Folder, click that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if you see any suspicious and recently added files, trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and drag them to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag all questionable files to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Search for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Install.convertmyvid.com deletion from your Internet browser
Delete Install.convertmyvid.com from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on Install.convertmyvid.com and all unknown extensions.
- Gear icon to access menu – Internet Options.
- In the General tab, change the homepage to your preferred page.
- Open Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and clicking Manage Add-ons.
- Press on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine after you remove the one set by Install.convertmyvid.com.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if Install.convertmyvid.com is still causing issues.
- If you are using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Install.convertmyvid.com removal from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find Install.convertmyvid.com and any other unknown extension, and remove them.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You will have to modify your homepage in On startup.
- Access the Search engine section from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, change your search engine.
Restoring your browser’s settings to default will probably be necessary if you are still having issues with Install.convertmyvid.com.
- Open Google Chrome, access menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and go down until you see Reset.
- Press on Reset and confirm your choice in the warning window.
Uninstall Install.convertmyvid.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the three bars top-right, and press Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, find all extensions you can’t identify, as well as Install.convertmyvid.com, and remove them.
- Press on the menu (the three bars top right), and press Preferences.
- You’ll have to change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Open the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will have to be restored if you’re still having issues with Install.convertmyvid.com.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the new window, press Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Install.convertmyvid.com removal from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, locate and remove Install.convertmyvid.com, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- In the General tab, delete the page Install.convertmyvid.com set as your homepage and choose one of your choice.
- Open the Search tab, change your search engine.
In case you’re still having issues with Install.convertmyvid.com, you’ll need to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and click on Clear History.
- Safari – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- The Develop menu will appear at the top, click on that and click on Empty Caches.
Install.convertmyvid.com removal from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find and remove Install.convertmyvid.com, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Open Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- You will need to modify your homepage in On Startup.
- Navigate to Privacy and services tab, remove the search engine set by Install.convertmyvid.com and choose your preferred one.
If Install.convertmyvid.com is still causing problems, resetting your browser settings will be necessary.
- Open Microsoft Edge, open menu (the three dots), select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.