Remove heiipiossuport.info scam [EXPLAINED]
What is heiipiossuport.info scam
heiipiossuport.info scam refers to a website that is only used to display scams messages. The scams change over time but they usually are all tech-support scams. The reason they are classified as tech-support is because they try to trick users into calling fake tech-support numbers. Scammers at the other end of the line would pretend to be legitimate technicians working for Microsoft, or in this case Apple.
The current tech-support scam running on the site claims that you have visited sites that have shown suspicious activity, and your data is in danger. The scam suggests that you call the shown number to get instant support from Apple Helpline. The current scam displays +1-850-738-9027 as the number for supposed tech-support. If you were to dial it, you’d be connected to professional scammers pretending to be legitimate Apple support. The whole scam involves remotely connecting to users’ computers, pretending to fix them and then demanding users pay hundreds of dollars for the supposed tech-support they have received. It goes without saying that this is all a scam, and calling anyone is not necessary.
If you ever end up on sites like heiipiossuport.info that display scams, you can just close the window. Do not call anyone, do not download anything, and just don’t interact with the site. However, you should investigate why you are redirected to heiipiossuport.info, as it could be adware. If it is adware, you’d need to get rid of it to remove heiipiossuport.info scam permanently.
Adware can often redirect to tech-support scams
If you end up on a site that displays a tech-support scam, there could be two reasons why. You were either browsing a high-risk website or your computer is infected with adware. If it’s the latter, your computer has an actual infection that’s causing you to get redirected.
If you were browsing a high-risk website and clicked on something, which triggered a redirect, the site is probably at fault. When visiting certain sites, such as those hosting pornography or pirated content, you should have adblocker and anti-virus installed. Adblocker should prevent you from being redirected, or it would at least close the redirect window.
However, if your computer has adware installed, it not a case of enabling adblocker. While the adware remains installed, you will continue to be redirected. It should be mentioned that adware isn’t a serious infection, nor should it harm your computer directly. However, it will be an annoyance. The adware likely installed alongside some freeware you installed, and you did not notice. This is not surprising as it would have been hidden to prevent you from stopping its installation. In the future, if you want to stop these unwanted items from installing alongside freeware, choose Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default during installation. Advanced will make all items visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them.
How to recognize a tech-support scam?
When you get redirected to a tech-support scam, you will always see a fake alert claiming that there is something wrong with your computer. In this case, the alert claims that you have visited sites that exhibit suspicious activity, and thus your data may be lost. The alert claims that in order to protect your data, you need to call the shown phone number. While the alert claims that the number is for Apple’s tech-support, it’s actually for scammers who will pretend to be technicians.
When you call fake tech-support numbers, the scammers will first ask why you’re calling, then after a few additional questions will request that you give them remote access to your computer. If you do, they will pretend to fix your computer, potentially steal your files and then ask that you pay hundreds of dollars for the services they have provided. YouTube has many videos of people purposely calling scammers to demonstrate how these scams work, if you are interested to learn more.
For future reference, keep in mind that no legitimate alert will ever display phone numbers. If you see one, be sure that it’s a scam. Furthermore, your browser will never display virus alerts, as it’s not capable of detecting them.
heiipiossuport.info scam removal
If you were simply redirected by the site you were visiting, you don’t need to do anything. However, if your computer is infected with adware, you will need to get rid of it to delete heiipiossuport.info scam from your screen permanently.
Download Removal Toolto scan for heiipiossuport.infoTo scan for heiipiossuport.info, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like heiipiossuport.info and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove heiipiossuport.info
- Automatic heiipiossuport.info removal
- Manual heiipiossuport.info removal from Windows
- Manual heiipiossuport.info removal from Mac OS
- How to remove heiipiossuport.info from your Internet browser
- Uninstall heiipiossuport.info from Internet Explorer
- heiipiossuport.info deletion from Google Chrome
- Uninstall heiipiossuport.info from Mozilla Firefox
- heiipiossuport.info deletion from Safari
- How to remove heiipiossuport.info from Microsoft Edge
Automatic heiipiossuport.info removal
You’re suggested to use security program like anti-spyware to delete heiipiossuport.info because that would be easiest. Anti-spyware programs are designed to uninstall all types of infections so they should not have problems with heiipiossuport.info. To uninstall heiipiossuport.info, you need to download the program and perform a scan. However, it is also possible to remove heiipiossuport.info manually, and you could learn how by reading the below provided instructions.
Manual heiipiossuport.info removal from Windows
- Access Control Panel, and to do that click Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall heiipiossuport.info.
- It’s also a good idea to go through all other applications for anything else suspicious, and if there is anything, delete it/them.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall heiipiossuport.info.
- Remove any other questionable program you’re not familiar with.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Uninstall heiipiossuport.info.
- If there are any other suspicious programs, remove them as well.
Manual heiipiossuport.info removal from Mac OS
Deleting heiipiossuport.info from your Mac computer is pretty easy. But removing the application will not be enough, you’ll also have to delete any leftover files.
- Access Finder – Applications.
- Locate heiipiossuport.info and put it to the trash (the trash icon on the dock).
- Do the same with any other application that causes suspicion.
- If you press Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag any questionable files to the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and drag them to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Put to the trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Put to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- You’ll need to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
How to remove heiipiossuport.info from your Internet browser
Uninstall heiipiossuport.info from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons via the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Click Remove on heiipiossuport.info and all extensions you are unfamiliar with.
- Access Internet Options via browser menu (the gear icon).
- If you open the General tab, you will be able to modify your homepage to a web page you prefer.
- Open Manage Add-ons by pressing on the browser menu (the gear icon) and selecting Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers from the side menu, set the search engine to your choice after you delete the one set by heiipiossuport.info.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if you are still having issues with heiipiossuport.info.
- If your computer is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, launch Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon, press on Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
heiipiossuport.info deletion from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Open the menu by clicking the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, then More tools and Extensions.
- Find all unfamiliar extensions, as well as heiipiossuport.info, and delete them.
- Open Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- Access On startup, you will see a homepage set by heiipiossuport.info, change it to one you prefer.
- Access the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, access Manage search engines, change your search engine.
Restoring your browser’s settings may be necessary if you’re still having problems with heiipiossuport.info.
- Launch Google Chrome, click on the three dots on the top-right corner, press Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and then press Reset again.
Uninstall heiipiossuport.info from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Access Add-ons through the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Open Extensions, look for heiipiossuport.info and any other unknown extension, and remove them.
- Click the menu (the three bars top right), and press Preferences.
- You will have to modify your homepage in the Home tab.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu on the left, modify your search engine from the one set by heiipiossuport.info to something else.
If heiipiossuport.info is still causing issues, resetting your browser settings might be necessary.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
heiipiossuport.info deletion from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and select Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, identify all extensions you don’t know, as well as heiipiossuport.info, and remove them.
- In the General tab, remove the web page heiipiossuport.info set as your homepage and choose your preferred one.
- Open the Search tab, modify your search engine.
Resetting your browser’s settings might be necessary if heiipiossuport.info is still present.
- Open Safari, press on Safari on the menu bar, and press Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the menu bar at the top), click on Preferences and access to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Click on Develop (on the menu bar) and select Empty Caches.
How to remove heiipiossuport.info from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, and press Extensions.
- Find all extensions you cannot identify, as well as heiipiossuport.info, and remove them.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- You’ll need to change your homepage in On Startup.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine.
If heiipiossuport.info is still giving you issues, it may be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- Open Microsoft Edge, access menu (the three dots), select Settings, click on the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.