Remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar [Explained]
What is Daily Bible Guide Toolbar
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar is a highly questionable browser extension that you will not necessarily remember installing. The extension changes your browser’s settings and sets a different homepage. It also forces you to use a search engine that inserts sponsored content into results. The extension is Bible-oriented, and provides access to free Bible passages, inspirational quotes, and verses. For users who want such content to be easily accessible, it may seem like a useful extension to have. However, it’s not as good as it may first appear.
The extension is classified as a browser hijacker due to its usage of software bundling to install and its questionable behaviour. It can install without your explicit permission, via freeware bundles. We will explain this in the following section in more detail, but to summarize, you installed a free program that had this hijacker attached to it. This method is called software bundling, and it’s quite controversial because users are not properly informed about additional installations. Programs using this method essentially take advantage of users not paying attention to how they install programs. Thus, we do not recommend keeping a program that installs via freeware bundles.
Browser hijackers aren’t particularly dangerous programs because their main goal is not to damage your computer. Instead, it aims to redirect you to sponsored websites. However, not all of those sites will be safe. You could easily end up on websites that are concealing malware or are promoting scams. You should be particularly careful about the search results shown to you by the search engine you’re forced to use. Results will be riddled with sponsored content.
If you find the extension added to your browser but have no recollection of installing it, it installed via freeware bundles. And if you did not explicitly agree to add it, you should not keep it. Use anti-spyware software to delete Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, the sooner the better. We should also mention that it is developed by Mindspark, which is a company behind many potentially unwanted programs.
Browser hijacker installation methods
The extension is available for download on the Chrome web store, so it is possible that you installed it yourself. It’s advertised as a toolbar that will help access Bible-related content easier. However, if you did install it yourself, you should be more attentive in the future. If you performed a search of Daily Bible Guide Toolbar via Google, the very first results would lead you to sites warning that it is a browser hijacker. Doing proper research before installing programs is important because it would stop you from installing potentially dangerous programs.
Despite all that, it’s much more likely that you do not remember installing this toolbar. It wouldn’t be unusual as it uses software bundling to install. Software bundling, to explain simply, is adding additional offers to programs. Those offers can be anything, from legitimate programs to adware, browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs. The offers are optional but they are set to install by default, meaning users need to manually stop them from installing.
Next time you install a free program, use Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. While the setup process will recommend you use Default settings, keep in mind that those settings will hide all offers and allow them to install alongside the program. However, the offers will be visible in Advanced, and you will have the option of deselecting everything. Simply uncheck the boxes of all offers, and you can then continue installing the program.
Some of the attached items may seem useful but installing them is not recommended. Software bundling is a sneaky installation method, and program that use it have no place on your computer. Besides, most of them will be junk that will only clutter your computer.
Should you remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar?
It should be mentioned that Daily Bible Guide Toolbar is not malware, although some users may refer to it as such due to its behaviour, especially its sudden appearance. It’s an extension that can help users access Bible-related content easier by providing shortcuts. It’s available for all popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
If you did not install it intentionally, the extension adding itself to your browsers will feel like hijacking. And that is precisely what this hijacker does. It hijacks your browser and changes its settings. It will set its promoted site as your homepage and new tabs, as well as force you to use a questionable search engine that alters search results to include sponsored content. Redirecting you to sponsored sites is the main goal of such infections, which is why search results will be flooded with sponsored content, to the point that you will need to scroll down to see legitimate results.
While hijackers aren’t dangerous by themselves, we cannot say the same about the redirects. If you are not careful and click on the wrong search result, you may get redirected to a questionable website that is promoting scams or is trying to trick you into installing malware.
Overall, while the extension may seem useful if religion is important to you and you want an easier way to access related content, Daily Bible Guide Toolbar is not what it appears to be. It can install without explicit permission, makes unwanted changes to your browser, tries to redirect you to sponsored websites, and tracks your browsing. It collects information about what sites you visit, what content you engage with, what you search for, your IP address, etc. All of this information can later be used for generating more personalized ads, or it could be shared with unfamiliar third-parties.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal
Because browser hijackers can be pesky infections, we strongly recommend you remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar via anti-spyware software. This would be easiest because the program will do everything for you. If you want to manually uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, you will need to find all related files, which can take a while.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Daily Bible Guide ToolbarTo scan for Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar
- Automatic Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal
- Delete Daily Bible Guide Toolbar from Windows manually
- Manual Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal from Mac OS
- Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from your Internet browser
- How to remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal from Google Chrome
- Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from Safari
- Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal
You are advised to use anti-spyware or some other security program for Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal because that would be easiest. Anti-spyware applications are developed to delete these infections and should be able to delete Daily Bible Guide Toolbar. These applications are quite simple to use and ought to easily uninstall Daily Bible Guide Toolbar. If you carry on reading, we will also explain manual Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion.
Delete Daily Bible Guide Toolbar from Windows manually
- Press Start (the windows logo located bottom-left corner of the screen) or tap the window key on your keyboard, pick Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
- Check all your installed applications, and remove anything else you don’t recognise.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Delete Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
- It is also suggested to go through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, uninstall it/them.
- You will have to open Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Locate Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and remove it.
- It’s also advised to go through all other applications to see if anything else causes suspicion.
Manual Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal from Mac OS
Deleting Daily Bible Guide Toolbar from a Mac computer isn’t complicated. But we will also guide you through deleting any leftover files after Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion.
- Finder – Applications.
- Locate Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and trash it (the trash icon on the dock).
- Look through all installed programs for anything else that’s dubious and get rid of them.
- If you click Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag all suspicious files to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If Any recently-added files seem suspicious, drag them to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all dubious and recently-added files to the trash.
- You will have to right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from your Internet browser
How to remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Access the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on Daily Bible Guide Toolbar and all unfamiliar extensions.
- Access Internet Options through browser menu (the gear icon).
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to your preferred page.
- Access Manage Add-ons by clicking on the browser menu (the gear icon) and clicking Manage Add-ons.
- Open Search Providers (from the menu on the left), delete the Daily Bible Guide Toolbar set one and pick one of your preference.
If that did not solve your problems, your browser’s settings will have to be restored.
- If your device is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If you are using Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Click Reset again.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar removal from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find and remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- In the On startup section, delete the page Daily Bible Guide Toolbar set as your homepage and set your preferred one.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, then Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one set by Daily Bible Guide Toolbar to something of your preference.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if you are still having issues with Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
- Open Google Chrome, access menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and affirm your choice.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, locate and remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, and any other extension you can’t identify.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- In the Home tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine from the one set by Daily Bible Guide Toolbar to something else.
If Daily Bible Guide Toolbar is still giving you problems, resetting your browser settings might be necessary.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Press on Safari from the menu bar, and press on Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, find and remove Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, and any other extension you don’t know.
- You will have to change your homepage in the General tab.
- Access the Search tab, modify your search engine from the one set by Daily Bible Guide Toolbar to something of your preference.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if you’re still having issues with Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
- Open Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and press Clear History.
- Press Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Click on Develop (on the menu bar) and select Empty Caches.
Daily Bible Guide Toolbar deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate and delete Daily Bible Guide Toolbar, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Press on menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you’ll see that Daily Bible Guide Toolbar set an odd page as your homepage, change it to one of your preference.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one set by Daily Bible Guide Toolbar to something else.
Resetting your browser’s settings might be necessary if you’re still having problems with Daily Bible Guide Toolbar.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.