Converter-search.com will modify your browser’s settings which is why it is classified as a redirect virus. The threat was probably added to a free program as an extra item, and since you didn’t unmark it, it was authorized to install. It’s important that you are careful during software installation because if you are not, these kinds of infections will install over and over again. Converter-search.com isn’t a harmful threat but its activity will get on your nerves. Your browser’s home web page and new tabs will be modified, and a strange site will load instead of your usual web page. What you’ll also find is that your search is modified, and it could insert advertisement links into results. You are rerouted because the redirect virus aims to boost traffic for certain websites, which earns revenue for owners. Certain hijacker are able to redirect to malicious web pages so unless you want to get your system contaminated with malware, you need to be cautious. If you got your machine contaminated with malicious program, the situation would be much worse. You might consider redirect viruses useful but the features that they provide can be found in proper plug-ins, ones that won’t reroute you to harmful websites. You might happen upon more content you would be interested in, and it is because the hijacker is gathering data about you and following your searches. It is possible that the info would be sold to third-parties as well. And the faster you remove Converter-search.com, the less time the browser redirect will have to affect your operating system.
What does Converter-search.com do
You might see browser hijackers attached to freeware as additional offers. We doubt that people would choose to install them knowingly, so freeware bundles is the most feasible method. Because people seldom pay attention to how they install programs, redirect viruses and similar infections may be spread. In order t0 stop their installation, they must be unmarked, but because they’re concealed, you may not see them by rushing the process. Selecting Default mode would be a mistake because they will not show anything. Choose Advanced (Custom) settings when you are installing something, and you will see the added items. If you do not want to deal with constant uninvited applications, ensure you always uncheck the items. All you have to do is uncheck the items, and you may then continue freeware installation. Initially preventing the threat can save you a lot time because dealing with it later will be time-consuming. Furthermore, you need to be more cautious about where you get your software from as untrustworthy sources could lead to malicious software infections.
When a browser redirect installs, you will know almost immediately. Your browser’s settings will be modified, the redirect virus setting a weird page as your home website, new tabs and search engine, and it’ll do that even without requiring your authorization. Leading browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will probably be affected. And until you terminate Converter-search.com from the PC, you’ll be stuck with the site loading every time your browser is opened. Do not waste time attempting to modify the settings back as the hijacker will merely nullify your changes. If you see that when you search for something through browser’s address bar, search results are created not by your set search engine, it’s possible that the redirect virus is to blame. As the infection is intending to reroute you, be careful of advertisement links in the results. These kinds of threats aim to boost traffic for certain web pages so that owners could earn money from ads. When there are more users to engage with advertisements, owners can make more income. They frequently have little to do with what you were searching for, so you get little from those web pages. Some of the results could seem valid at first but if you pay attention, you should be able to differentiate them. You should also keep in mind that hijackers could reroute to malware harboring sites. In addition, the redirect virus might follow your Internet use and collect certain kind of information about you. The information could also be shared with unknown parties, and it could be used by parties with dubious intentions. The reroute virus might also use it for its own purposes of personalizing sponsored content so that you are more prone to pressing on it. This is why you need to remove Converter-search.com. Do not forget to reverse the modified settings after the elimination process is carried out.
Even if it’s not the most severe malware infection, but it can still cause trouble, so if you simply eliminate Converter-search.com everything should go back to normal. While there are two methods to dispose of the browser hijacker, by hand and automatic, you ought to choose the one best suiting your knowledge about computers. You’ll have to find the hijacker yourself if you pick the former method. If you have never dealt with this kind of thing before, we have placed guidelines below this article to help you, we can assure you that the process shouldn’t be difficult, although it could take more time than you expect. The guidelines are presented in a clear and accurate manner so there shouldn’t be issues. For those who have no experience with computers, this might not be the most fitting option. In that case, download spyware elimination software, and allow it to get rid of the infection for you. Anti-spyware software will identify the threat and have no issues dealing with it. You may make sure you were successful by modifying browser’s settings, if you’re allowed to, the threat is no longer present. If you are still stuck with the browser hijacker’s site, you must have missed something and the reroute virus was able to recover itself. Dealing with these kinds of hijacker may be very annoying, so better prevent their installation in the future, so pay attention when installing software. If you wish to have a clean system, you have to have at least decent computer habits.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Converter-search.comTo scan for Converter-search.com, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Converter-search.com and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Converter-search.com
- Automatic Converter-search.com removal
- How to manually remove Converter-search.com from Windows
- Delete Converter-search.com from your Mac OS manually
- How to delete Converter-search.com from your Internet browser
- Remove Converter-search.com from Internet Explorer
- How to delete Converter-search.com from Google Chrome
- Uninstall Converter-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Converter-search.com removal from Safari
- How to delete Converter-search.com from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Converter-search.com removal
It is easiest to uninstall Converter-search.com from both Macs and Windows devices via anti-spyware or some other malware removal program. Such programs are created to remove these infections and ought to have no problem with delete Converter-search.com. Simply download the application, initiate a scan, and uninstall Converter-search.com. However, it’s also possible to uninstall Converter-search.com manually, and the below given instructions will explain how.
How to manually remove Converter-search.com from Windows
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and uninstall Converter-search.com.
- Do the same to all additional programs you do not recognise.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or tap the windows key – Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Converter-search.com.
- We also recommend checking through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
- You will need to access Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and opt for Programs and Features.
- Delete Converter-search.com.
- We also recommend checking through all other installed applications to see if anything else causes suspicion.
Delete Converter-search.com from your Mac OS manually
Uninstalling Converter-search.com from a Mac computer is quite simple. But we will also explain to you how to delete some leftover files after you delete Converter-search.com.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and press on Applications.
- Find Converter-search.com and trash it (the trash icon located on the dock).
- If you see any other programs you do not recognise, remove them as well.
- If you press Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, click that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If you see any suspicious and recently added files, trash them.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. If Any recently-added files seem dubious, trash them.
- Right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
How to delete Converter-search.com from your Internet browser
Remove Converter-search.com from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Uninstall Converter-search.com and any other unknown extension by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Click the gear icon and select Internet Options.
- If you open the General tab, you’ll be able to modify your homepage site.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers (from the menu on the left), change the search engine to your choice after you delete the one Converter-search.com set as the default.
If Converter-search.com is still causing problems, resetting your browser settings may be necessary.
- If your device is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- If you are using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and press Reset. Click Reset again to confirm.
How to delete Converter-search.com from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find all unfamiliar extensions, as well as Converter-search.com, and delete them.
- Open the menu again and press on Settings.
- In the On startup section, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by Converter-search.com.
- Go to Search engine from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, delete the search engine set by Converter-search.com and pick your preferred one.
In case Converter-search.com is still giving you issues, your browser’s settings might need to be reset to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, click Advanced and go down until you see Reset.
- Click on Reset and confirm your choice in the warning window.
Uninstall Converter-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the menu (the three bars), and press Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, locate and delete Converter-search.com, and any other extension you don’t recognise.
- Access Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- You’ll have to modify your homepage in the Home tab.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine from the one set by Converter-search.com to something of your preference.
If Converter-search.com is still giving you issues, restoring your browser settings will be necessary.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, press the three bars at the top-right corner of the screen, Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the new window, click on Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Converter-search.com removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, find and remove Converter-search.com, as well as any other unknown extension.
- You will have to change your homepage in the General tab.
- Go to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
If Converter-search.com is still giving you issues, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Clear History by pressing on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and select Clear History.
- Safari – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- The Develop menu will become visible at the top, press that and click on Empty Caches.
How to delete Converter-search.com from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find and remove Converter-search.com, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- In the On startup tab, delete the homepage set by Converter-search.com and set your preferred one.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one Converter-search.com set for you to something else.
If you are still having issues, your browser’s settings will need to be restored.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.