About redirect viruses
ConvertDocsOnline will carry out alterations to your browser which is why it is categorized as a browser hijacker. Free applications normally have some kind of offers added, and when people do not deselect them, they are authorized to install. If you do not want these kinds of infections to inhabit your system, you need to pay attention to what kind of programs you install. ConvertDocsOnline is not a harmful threat but its activity will get on your nerves.
The browser hijacker will soon change your browser’s settings so that its advertised sites loads instead of your homepages and new tabs. Your search engine will also be changed into one that will be able to inject sponsored content into results. You are rerouted so that the owners of those websites can make profit from traffic and advertisements. Do bear in mind that you could be redirected to contaminated pages, which might result in a malicious software infection. And would bring about much more damage compared to this threat. In order for users to see them as useful, hijackers pretend to have handy features but the reality is, they’re replaceable with proper plug-ins which are not actively attempting to redirect you. Something else you should be aware of is that some redirect viruses can track user activity and collect certain data to know what kind of content you’re likely to click on. It would not be strange if that information was shared with third-parties too. And that is why you should uninstall ConvertDocsOnline the second you run into it.
What you ought to know about these infections
It’s a known fact that browser redirects travel along with freeware packages. Since they’re pretty invasive and aggravating infections, we very much doubt you got it knowingly. The reason this method is successful is because people are negligent when they install programs, which means they miss all indications that something could be attached. You must pay attention as offers are hidden, and you not noticing them is like allowing their installation. Do not select Default mode since they won’t show anything. You need to uncheck the items, and they will only be apparent in Advanced or Custom settings. Unchecking all the offers is recommended if you wish to stop unfamiliar program installations. Only continue installing the application after you deselect everything. Having to deal with these threats could be rather irritating so you would do yourself a great favor by initially stopping them. You also need to stop downloading from unreliable pages, and instead, opt for official/legitimate websites/stores.
Redirect virus infections are noticed immediately, even by people who have little experience with computers. Modifications to your browser will be performed without permission, mainly you will have a new home web page/new tabs, and your search engine may also be different. It’s possible that it will affect all of the leading browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The website will load every time you launch your browser, and this will continue until you uninstall ConvertDocsOnline from your computer. Do not waste time trying to modify the settings back as the redirect virus will simply nullify your changes. Hijackers also change default search engines, so it would not be shocking if when you search for something through browser address bar, a weird website will load. You might encounter advertising content among legitimate results, since the threats’s major intention is to redirect you. Owners of certain pages aim to increase traffic to make more money, and redirect viruses are used to reroute you to them. With more visitors, it is more likely that the advertisements will be interacted with, which makes profit. Generally those pages do not actually have anything to do with what you are were actually looking for. Some of the results may look valid at first but if you are vigilant, you ought to be able to differentiate them. Be vigilant as some of those sites could even be dangerous. Browser redirects also tend to follow users’ Internet activity, collecting certain data. The collected information might be used to create ads that are more relevant to the user, if it’s shared with third-parties. If not, the hijacker would be using it to make more customized sponsored content. This is why you need to uninstall ConvertDocsOnline. You should also reverse the modified settings after you have finished the process.
Hijackers shouldn’t be authorized to remain, so the sooner you uninstall ConvertDocsOnline, the better. You will have to pick from by hand and automatic methods for getting rid of the hijacker and, and they both shouldn’t bring about too much trouble. You will have to locate the hijacker yourself if you choose the former method. It isn’t difficult to do but it might take longer than you think, but we will present guidelines to aid you. By following the precise instructions carefully, you should not encounter problems when getting rid of it. However, if you are not very computer-savvy, the other option may be better for you. In that case, obtain anti-spyware software, and discard the infection using it. This type of software is created to get rid of threats such as this, so you should not run into any issues. You can now try changing browser’s settings, if you are successful, it means you gotten rid of the threat. If the same website keeps loading even after changing the settings, the browser hijacker is still present. Do your best to block not wanted programs from installing in the future, and that means you ought to be more careful when installing software. If you have good computer habits now, you will be thankful later.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ConvertDocsOnlineTo scan for ConvertDocsOnline, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like ConvertDocsOnline and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove ConvertDocsOnline
- Delete ConvertDocsOnline with anti-spyware software
- How to manually delete ConvertDocsOnline from Windows
- Delete ConvertDocsOnline from your Mac OS manually
- ConvertDocsOnline removal from your Internet browser
- Delete ConvertDocsOnline from Internet Explorer
- How to delete ConvertDocsOnline from Google Chrome
- ConvertDocsOnline deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- ConvertDocsOnline deletion from Safari
- ConvertDocsOnline removal from Microsoft Edge
Delete ConvertDocsOnline with anti-spyware software
It’s a good idea to use anti-spyware or some other security program for ConvertDocsOnline removal because that would be easiest. Anti-spyware programs are designed to uninstall all kinds of threats so they should have no problems with ConvertDocsOnline. To remove ConvertDocsOnline, all you have to do is download the software and perform a scan. However, it’s also possible to uninstall ConvertDocsOnline manually, and the below provided instructions will guide you.
How to manually delete ConvertDocsOnline from Windows
- Press the windows key on the keyboard to open Start menu (or simply press Start), then press Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall ConvertDocsOnline.
- Delete any other dubious program you don’t recognise.
- Access Control Panel by pressing Start and then Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Find ConvertDocsOnline and remove it.
- Do the same to all additional unfamiliar programs.
- You will need to access Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and select Programs and Features.
- Delete ConvertDocsOnline.
- You ought to also do the same with all other applications you do not recognise.
Delete ConvertDocsOnline from your Mac OS manually
It’s not complicated to remove ConvertDocsOnline from your Mac computer. But uninstalling the program won’t be sufficient, any leftover files will have to be deleted.
- Press on Finder (the first icon located on the left on your dock) and click on Applications.
- Find ConvertDocsOnline and drag it to the trash (the trash icon on the dock).
- Check the applications installed on your system, and remove anything else that cause suspicion.
- Click Go located on the menu bar and then Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if any recently-added files look suspicious, put them in the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/Application Support. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Put to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
ConvertDocsOnline removal from your Internet browser
Delete ConvertDocsOnline from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Click Remove on ConvertDocsOnline and all extensions you are unfamiliar with.
- Press the gear icon (top-right corner), and click on Internet Options.
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to a website of your choice.
- Open Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and selecting Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the menu on the left), remove the ConvertDocsOnline set one and set one of your preference.
If ConvertDocsOnline is still giving you issues, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- If you’re using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon, press Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
How to delete ConvertDocsOnline from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find and delete ConvertDocsOnline, and any other extension you can’t identify.
- Open Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- You can change your homepage in On startup.
- Go to Search engine from the menu on the left, then Manage search engines, change your search engine from the one ConvertDocsOnline set for you to something else.
In case you’re still struggling with ConvertDocsOnline, your browser’s settings may need to be restored to default.
- Open Google Chrome, access menu (the three dots), press Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and confirm your choice.
ConvertDocsOnline deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons through the menu (the three bars).
- Open Extensions, find ConvertDocsOnline and any other extension you don’t recognise, and delete them.
- Access Preferences through the menu (the three dots).
- Access the Home tab, you will see that ConvertDocsOnline set an odd site as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu on the left, modify your search engine.
If ConvertDocsOnline is still giving you issues, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox in the new window.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
ConvertDocsOnline deletion from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, find and delete ConvertDocsOnline, as well as any other extension you cannot identify.
- Access the General tab, you’ll see that ConvertDocsOnline set an odd site as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Access the Search tab, modify your search engine from the one ConvertDocsOnline set for you to something of your preference.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default might be necessary if you are still having issues with ConvertDocsOnline.
- Clear History by pressing on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is open, and select Clear History.
- Press on Safari on the menu bar, click on Preferences and access to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Click on Develop on the menu bar and then on Empty Caches.
ConvertDocsOnline removal from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Locate and remove ConvertDocsOnline, and any other unknown extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Navigate to the On startup tab, delete the page ConvertDocsOnline set as your homepage and set one of your preference.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one set by ConvertDocsOnline to something else.
Your browser’s settings will need to be restored if ConvertDocsOnline is still present.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.