Remove brkdown.com scam site
About brkdown.com scam site
brkdown.com scam site is a fraudulent website that shows various scams, hence why it’s referred to as a scam website. At this moment in time, it displays a fake virus alert that claims “Your Apple iPhone is severely damaged by 19 viruses!”. Supposedly, you picked up “browser trojan viruses” while browsing supposedly corrupted websites, and now your information, including various logins, is being stolen. In order to solve this supposed issue, the fake alert claims that you need to install the offered “mobile security application”. However, instead of an actual security app, you’d download some kind of potential dangerous app that will likely spam you with annoying ads.
For those who are familiar with these fake virus alerts, this will be an immediately obvious attempt to trick users. These fake alerts are always obvious because your browser cannot detect a virus, so it will never display a legitimate virus alert. Whether it’s on your iPhone, Android phone, Windows computer or Mac, virus alerts in your browser will never be legitimate. Those alerts are either tech-support scams or they try to trick users into downloading highly questionable content.
Redirects to these kinds of sites usually happens when users visit and interact with high-risk websites. If this happened on your iPhone, you don’t need to do anything, besides change a few settings to prevent pop-ups and redirects in the future.
Why are users redirected to sites like brkdown.com
If the redirect to brkdown.com happened on your iPhone, you were likely browsing some questionable website. Certain high-risk sites have questionable, potentially dangerous ads, and redirects could be triggered by clicking on anything. When browsing on a computer, these pop-ups and redirects can be blocked by adblockers. iPhones have an in-built adblocker, though it doesn’t always work to block all pop-ups and redirects. And you have to change your iPhone settings to enable the pop-up blocking.
The redirects will usually happen when users are visiting certain sites, such as ones allowing users to download copyrighted content for free, or ones hosting pornography. As long as you avoid entering such sites, you should be able to avoid being redirected.
Scam sites like brkdown.com change the scams they display from time to time, and the current one on brkdown.com says that your iPhone is severely damaged by 19 viruses. The fake alert displays a timer and offers an “Install” option, which will supposedly install a security app that will get rid of the viruses that are damaging your iPhone. However, if you were to press “Install”, you’d end up downloading a highly questionable app.
Overall, the redirects are more or less harmless, as long as you don’t download whatever is offered. It should also be mentioned that every single one of these virus alerts that appear in your browser will be scams. The browser will never display legitimate virus alerts, and even if you weren’t aware of this, the alert is very obviously fake. The alert is full of mistakes and makes very little sense in general.
brkdown.com scam site removal
While this will not stop all pop-ups and redirects, especially when you visit highly questionable websites, changing a few settings on your iPhone should stop many of them.
Open Settings, click Safari and toggle on “Block Pop-ups” and “Fraudulent Website Warning”. Scroll down and click Advanced, then select Website Data and click “Remove All Website Data”.
Download Removal Toolto scan for brkdown.com scam siteTo scan for brkdown.com scam site, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like brkdown.com scam site and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove brkdown.com scam site
- Automatic brkdown.com scam site removal
- Remove brkdown.com scam site from Windows manually
- How to manually remove brkdown.com scam site from Mac OS
- How to uninstall brkdown.com scam site from your Internet browser
- Remove brkdown.com scam site from Internet Explorer
- How to delete brkdown.com scam site from Google Chrome
- brkdown.com scam site removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove brkdown.com scam site from Safari
- brkdown.com scam site removal from Microsoft Edge
Automatic brkdown.com scam site removal
The simplest way to delete brkdown.com scam site from Macs and Windows computers would be using anti-spyware or some other security programs. These types of applications can delete all kinds of threats so they shouldn’t have issues with brkdown.com scam site. To uninstall brkdown.com scam site, all you need to do is download the software and start a scan. However, you may delete brkdown.com scam site manually, and you can learn how by reading the below given instructions.
Remove brkdown.com scam site from Windows manually
- Push the windows key on the keyboard to open Start menu (or simply click Start), then press Settings and then Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall brkdown.com scam site.
- Check all your installed programs, and uninstall anything else cannot identify.
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Access Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Delete brkdown.com scam site.
- Delete any additional application that causes suspicion.
- You’ll have to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and pressing Programs and Features.
- Find brkdown.com scam site and uninstall it.
- We also advise checking through all other applications for any other suspicious programs, and if there is anything, remove it/them.
How to manually remove brkdown.com scam site from Mac OS
It’s not difficult to delete brkdown.com scam site from your Mac. But we’ll also show you how to delete some leftover files after brkdown.com scam site deletion.
- Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, find brkdown.com scam site and drag it into the trash or right-click on the program and click Move to Trash.
- Look through all installed programs for anything else that’s suspicious and delete them.
- Access Go to Folder by pressing Go on the menu bar and then pressing on Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and put them in the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Search for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and drag them to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag all suspicious and recently-added files to the trash.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
How to uninstall brkdown.com scam site from your Internet browser
Remove brkdown.com scam site from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Find any extension you can’t identify as well as brkdown.com scam site and delete it/them by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Gear icon to access menu – Internet Options.
- If you access the General tab, you will be able to modify your homepage to a website of your preference.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers from the side menu, set the search engine after you delete the one set by brkdown.com scam site.
In case brkdown.com scam site is still present, it might be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- For Windows XP users, click start and click on Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and press Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, open Internet Explorer, press on the gear icon, press on Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
How to delete brkdown.com scam site from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots right-corner of the screen) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and remove brkdown.com scam site, as well as any other extension you don’t know.
- Access the menu again and select Settings.
- In the On startup section, set the homepage of your preference instead of the one set by brkdown.com scam site.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, click Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one brkdown.com scam site set for you to something else.
If brkdown.com scam site is still causing issues, resetting your browser settings may be necessary.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Click on Reset and click Reset again in the new window that appears.
brkdown.com scam site removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, locate and remove brkdown.com scam site, and any other extension you can’t identify.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- In the Home tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by brkdown.com scam site.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine from the one set by brkdown.com scam site to something else.
If brkdown.com scam site is still giving you problems, restoring your browser settings may be necessary.
- When Mozilla Firefox is open, access the menu (the three bars), Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Confirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
Remove brkdown.com scam site from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, locate and remove brkdown.com scam site, as well as any other extension you do not know.
- In the General tab, set the homepage of your preference instead of the one set by brkdown.com scam site.
- Go to the Search tab, change your search engine.
In case brkdown.com scam site is still there, it will be necessary to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and select Clear History.
- Safari – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- You will be able to see the Develop menu at the top, click on that and press on Empty Caches.
brkdown.com scam site removal from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find and delete brkdown.com scam site, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Open Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- Navigate to the On startup tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by brkdown.com scam site.
- Go to Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one set by brkdown.com scam site to something of your preference.
If you’re still struggling with brkdown.com scam site, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge, press on the three dots, select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.