bestdealfor20.life is promoting a scam
bestdealfor20.life is a highly questionable website that promotes a social engineering scam aiming to trick users into agreeing to see advertisements on the desktop. The scam takes advantage of a browser feature that allows websites to show users notifications on the desktop without users needing to access the site. For example, news websites can send users notifications about important news stories. In order to send these notifications, websites first need to obtain users’ permissions. When users visit sites that use this feature, a notification pops up asking users to allow the site to show notifications, and if users press “Allow”, the site gets permission. This can be a useful feature to help users keep up to date with news and be informed about important posts on a certain website. However, practically as soon as the feature came out, scammers started misusing it in order to spam users with ads.
When users are redirected to sites like bestdealfor20.life, they get the alert asking to them to allow the site to show notifications. Some sites also claim that pressing “Allow” would confirm that the user is not a robot. This is merely a trick to get users to agree to see ads. If users do press “Allow”, they will start seeing advertisements bottom-right corner of the desktop screen. Because it’s a questionable website that is showing the ads, the ads themselves will be far from being safe.
Redirects to bestdealfor20.life could be caused by adware
If you get redirected to bestdealfor20.life, there could be a couple of reasons why. If you were browsing a high-risk website that is known to have questionable ads, clicking on anything on such a site could redirect to pages like bestdealfor20.life. High-risk websites are usually ones hosting pornography or free streaming content, as they often have questionable ads. When visiting those sites, it’s a good idea to have anti-virus software and an adblocker installed.
However, if the redirects are happening randomly when browsing completely safe sites, it’s very likely that your computer is infected with an adware program. Adware is relatively minor but certainly an annoying infection. It’s one of those programs that will constantly spam you with advertisements. It often comes attached to free software as an extra offer and installs alongside the program without users needing to permit it. The offers are optional, however. In order to deselect them, you need to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option during freeware installation. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Simply unchecking the boxes is enough.
If it is adware that’s causing the redirects, you will need to get rid of it to delete bestdealfor20.life redirects.
Allowing bestdealfor20.life to send notifications is essentially agreeing to see ads
bestdealfor20.life will display an image or some kind of message saying that you need to confirm that you are not a robot to access the site. To confirm, you are asked to press “Allow” in the browser alert that pops up. The alert says “bestdealfor20.life wants to show notifications”. If you press Allow, you will start seeing advertisements on the desktop. Like we said above, this “Show notifications” feature is legitimately used by many sites to help users keep up to date with news, updates, etc. However, if users agree to see notifications from questionable websites like bestdealfor20.life, they’ll start seeing ads directly on their desktop.
These kinds of ads can be quite dangerous because they appear at the bottom-right corner of the screen, where legitimate system/software notifications pop up. You could be tricked into clicking on an ad that’s made to appear like it’s a legitimate system notification. For example, you may see an alert saying your anti-virus program has expired and you need to renew the license. If you do actually use that anti-virus and pay for it, you may not think twice about clicking on the notification and proceeding to purchase the license, only for it turn out to be fake.
If you have given bestdealfor20.life permission to show you notifications, avoid clicking on any ads until you revoke that permission.
If you are dealing with adware, you will need to remove it to delete bestdealfor20.life redirects permanently. The easiest way to do that would be to use anti-spyware software. Once the adware is no longer present, you also need to remove bestdealfor20.life from the list of sites with permission to show you notifications.
For Mozilla Firefox. Open menu by pressing on the three bars top-right corner, select Privacy & Security, scroll down to Permissions, press on Settings next to Notifications, and remove bestdealfor20.life. You can also turn off these notification requests so they don’t appear at all. To do that uncheck the “Block new requests asking to allow notifications” box in the same Notification settings.
For Google Chrome. Open menu by pressing the three dots top-right corner, press on Privacy and security, press on Site Settings, click on Notifications under Permissions, and remove bestdealfor20.life. You can also stop these notification requests permanently by toggling off “Sites can ask to send notifications”.
Download Removal Toolto scan for bestdealfor20.lifeTo scan for bestdealfor20.life, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like bestdealfor20.life and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove bestdealfor20.life
- Remove bestdealfor20.life with spyware removal software
- Delete bestdealfor20.life from Windows manually
- How to manually uninstall bestdealfor20.life from Mac OS
- bestdealfor20.life deletion from your Internet browser
- Delete bestdealfor20.life from Internet Explorer
- Delete bestdealfor20.life from Google Chrome
- Remove bestdealfor20.life from Mozilla Firefox
- bestdealfor20.life removal from Safari
- Uninstall bestdealfor20.life from Microsoft Edge
Remove bestdealfor20.life with spyware removal software
You’re advised to use security software like anti-spyware for bestdealfor20.life removal because that would be easiest. The program will do everything, as dealing with these applications is its purpose. Simply download the software, carry out a scan, and uninstall bestdealfor20.life. If you scroll down, you will also find instructions explaining manual bestdealfor20.life removal.
Delete bestdealfor20.life from Windows manually
- Click Start (the windows logo located bottom-left corner of the screen) or click the window key on your keyboard, select Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete bestdealfor20.life.
- Check all applications installed on your computer for anything else that is dubious and remove them.
- Press the windows key to open start menu and press Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Locate bestdealfor20.life and remove it.
- Check through the applications you have installed, and remove anything else suspicious.
- You’ll need to open Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Find bestdealfor20.life and uninstall it.
- We also advise checking through all other programs to see if anything else is suspicious.
How to manually uninstall bestdealfor20.life from Mac OS
Removing bestdealfor20.life from your Mac is pretty easy. However, you will also need to remove a few remaining files in addition to deleting the application.
- Click on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and press on Applications.
- Drag bestdealfor20.life into the trash.
- Do the same to all other programs you don’t recognise.
- If you press Go on the menu bar, you’ll see Go to Folder, click that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag all questionable files to the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Search for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and put them in the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
bestdealfor20.life deletion from your Internet browser
Delete bestdealfor20.life from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Find bestdealfor20.life and any other unfamiliar extension and delete it/them by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Gear icon to open menu – Internet Options.
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to your preferred page.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Open Search Providers (from the menu on the left), delete the bestdealfor20.life set one and pick one of your preference.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if bestdealfor20.life is still present.
- For users using computers operating Windows XP, press start and click on Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, access Advanced and click Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Click Reset again to confirm.
Delete bestdealfor20.life from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and delete bestdealfor20.life, and any other extension you don’t recognise.
- Open Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- If you go to On startup, you’ll see a homepage set by bestdealfor20.life, set it to one of your choice.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, click Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if bestdealfor20.life is still there.
- Open Google Chrome, access menu (the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen), press Settings.
- Scroll down, click Advanced and go down until you see Reset.
- Press Reset and affirm your choice.
Remove bestdealfor20.life from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons through the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Open Extensions, find all unknown extensions, as well as bestdealfor20.life, and delete them.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- In the Home tab, set the homepage of your preference instead of the one set by bestdealfor20.life.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine from the one bestdealfor20.life set for you to something else.
You will need to reset your browser’s settings if you’re still having problems with bestdealfor20.life.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the window, click on Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
bestdealfor20.life removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, find bestdealfor20.life and any other extension you cannot identify, and remove them.
- You can change your homepage in the General tab.
- Access the Search tab, change your search engine from the one bestdealfor20.life set for you to something else.
If you are still having issues with bestdealfor20.life, it may be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and click on Clear History.
- Press on Safari on the menu bar, press Preferences and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Press Develop on the menu bar and select Empty Caches.
Uninstall bestdealfor20.life from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Press the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, and press Extensions.
- Locate and delete bestdealfor20.life, as well as any other extension you cannot identify.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- In the On startup tab, set the homepage of your choice instead of the one set by bestdealfor20.life.
- Go to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one bestdealfor20.life set for you to something of your choice.
If that did not solve your trouble, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Open Microsoft Edge, open menu (the three dots), select Settings, press on the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.