Remove Amazon loyalty program scam
What is Amazon loyalty program scam
Amazon loyalty program scam is a particular scam that claims you are part of the Amazon loyalty program and have been chosen to participate in survey that could allow you to win a prize. It’s essentially one of those “You have won” scams that aim to trick users into revealing their personal information.
Users get redirected to this scam either by adware or by the high-risk sites they visit. If it’s adware, the redirects would happen multiple times, even when visiting safe websites. If you were on a high-risk site and suddenly got redirected, it’s likely the site you were on that’s at fault. Whatever the case, don’t engage with the site that displays this scam, as it’s only after your personal information. The scam says that you have a chance of winning if you take a survey, but you will be informed that you have won every single time you take it. You would be asked to put in your personal information, supposedly so you could receive the prize. But in reality, scammers are merely collecting personal data for future use.
If you were redirected by the site you were on, you don’t need to do or remove anything. However, if you are dealing with adware, you will need to remove Amazon loyalty program scam adware from your device for the redirects to stop.
Adware if often the cause behind redirects to scams
One of the first signs of an adware infection is redirects to questionable sites that display scams. If the redirects happen when on seemingly safe sites, it’s likely adware. The infection isn’t serious, and usually installs together with free software. It comes attached to free programs as an added offer in what’s known as software bundling. This is a popular installation method among developers making adware, browsing hijackers and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). This is why it’s important to pay attention when installing free programs. The offers are set to install alongside the freeware automatically, so if users don’t pay attention and manually deselect the offers, they will end up cluttering their computers with all kinds of junk.
To block these added offers from installing alongside freeware, you need to manually deselect them. If you opt for Advanced (Custom) settings when installing programs, all added offers will be made visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Simply uncheck the boxes of those offers and you can continue the installation.
However, it’s also possible you were redirected because you were browsing a high-risk website. Certain websites are considered to be high-risk, somewhat due to the ads they show. This is particularly the case for sites hosting pornography and pirated content. When visiting those sites, it’s recommended to not click on any ads, have adblocker enabled and blocking pop-ups, as well as have anti-virus software installed.
These Amazon loyalty program scams are aiming for your personal information
This particular scam claims that Amazon is hosting a giveaway to members of the Amazon loyalty program. Supposedly, you have been chosen to participate in a survey, and if you are lucky you will win a prize. The prize offered in the current scam that’s going around is an iPhone 11 Pro. To pressure users into acting, there will be a time limit displayed as well. There will also be fake reviews at the bottom, supposedly from past winners. According to the scam, in order to win the prize, you need to answer the survey which consists of basic questions, such as “Are you male or female?”. After you answer these questions, you will be informed that you have won the iPhone. You will then be asked to put in your personal information such as full name, full home address, phone number, email address, etc. This information is either sold on the dark web, or it’s used by the same scammers to perform more sophisticated scams.
For future reference, keep in mind that every single one of these “You have won” or “You have a chance of winning” giveaways are scams. Companies like Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple, etc., do not host these kinds of giveaways. If they were to do one, it would be announced via official channels.
Amazon loyalty program scam removal
If you were redirected when visiting a certain site and it happened once, you don’t need to do anything. However, if you are being redirected all the time, you are likely dealing with adware, in which case you need to get rid of it to delete Amazon loyalty program scam redirects permanently.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Amazon loyalty program scamTo scan for Amazon loyalty program scam, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Amazon loyalty program scam and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Amazon loyalty program scam
- Remove Amazon loyalty program scam with anti-spyware software
- How to manually delete Amazon loyalty program scam from Windows
- Manual Amazon loyalty program scam removal from Mac OS
- How to delete Amazon loyalty program scam from your Internet browser
- Remove Amazon loyalty program scam from Internet Explorer
- How to uninstall Amazon loyalty program scam from Google Chrome
- Amazon loyalty program scam removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Delete Amazon loyalty program scam from Safari
- How to delete Amazon loyalty program scam from Microsoft Edge
Remove Amazon loyalty program scam with anti-spyware software
You’re advised to use malware removal software like anti-spyware to delete Amazon loyalty program scam because it is the easiest. Anti-spyware will quickly remove Amazon loyalty program scam because its main purpose is to deal with these types of infections. To delete Amazon loyalty program scam, you have to download the program and scan your device. But if you carry on reading, you will also find instructions explaining manual Amazon loyalty program scam deletion.
How to manually delete Amazon loyalty program scam from Windows
- Start – Settings – Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete Amazon loyalty program scam.
- If you see any other questionable applications, uninstall them as well.
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Find Amazon loyalty program scam and uninstall it.
- If you see any other questionable programs, remove them as well.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Delete Amazon loyalty program scam.
- We also suggest going through all other programs to see if anything else is suspicious.
Manual Amazon loyalty program scam removal from Mac OS
Deleting Amazon loyalty program scam from your Mac computer is quite simple. But just uninstalling the application will not be sufficient, you’ll also need to delete any leftover files.
- Finder – Applications.
- Put Amazon loyalty program scam into the trash.
- Trash any other dubious program you do not recognise.
- Access Go to Folder by pressing Go on the menu bar and then clicking on Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and drag all dubious and recently-added files to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and drag them to the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. If Any recently-added files appear suspicious, trash them.
- Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
How to delete Amazon loyalty program scam from your Internet browser
Remove Amazon loyalty program scam from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open the menu (the gear icon top-right corner), and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on Amazon loyalty program scam and all extensions you cannot identify.
- Open the browser menu (the gear icon) and pick Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and alter your homepage to a website of your preference.
- Access Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and clicking Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the menu on the left), delete the one set by Amazon loyalty program scam and pick the one you prefer.
If Amazon loyalty program scam is still present, your browser’s settings will need to be restored to default.
- If your computer is running Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and press Reset.
- If your device is running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Press Reset again to confirm.
How to uninstall Amazon loyalty program scam from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find and delete Amazon loyalty program scam, and any other unknown extension.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- In the On startup section, remove the site Amazon loyalty program scam set as your homepage and pick one of your preference.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu on the left, then Manage search engines, modify your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will have to be restored if Amazon loyalty program scam is still present.
- Open Google Chrome, click on the three dots on the top-right corner, press Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and confirm your choice.
Amazon loyalty program scam removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Click on Extensions, find and delete Amazon loyalty program scam, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- Access the Home tab, you’ll see that Amazon loyalty program scam set a weird website as your homepage, set it to one of your choice.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default will likely be necessary if Amazon loyalty program scam is still causing issues.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
Delete Amazon loyalty program scam from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and select Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, locate and remove Amazon loyalty program scam, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access the General tab, you’ll see a homepage set by Amazon loyalty program scam, set it to one you prefer.
- Proceed to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
If Amazon loyalty program scam is still causing issues, restoring your browser settings might be necessary.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and click on Clear History.
- Press Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by clicking on the Develop menu and then pressing on Empty Caches.
How to delete Amazon loyalty program scam from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find Amazon loyalty program scam and any other unfamiliar extension, and delete them.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- You will need to change your homepage in On Startup.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, delete the search engine Amazon loyalty program scam set for you and change it to something you prefer.
In case Amazon loyalty program scam is still there, you’ll have to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.