Remove AdPop Block Search
What is AdPop Block Search
AdPop Block Search is an adblocker program that hijacks the browser to redirect to questionable sites. It’s advertised as a useful program so users would install it but once it’s in, it will start showing its true colors. It will prevent users from browsing normally by hijacking searches and showing results via questionable search engine search-7.com. The search engine doesn’t even work, meaning users won’t be able to perform a proper search until they delete AdPop Block Search. If users notice it installed on their computers, they should get rid of it immediately, as it’s nothing more than a pest that will disrupt browsing.
It’s very likely that users will not even remember installing the extension. Potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) like this use the bundling method to spread. Software bundling is essentially adding extra offers (usually PUPs) to free software. This will be explained in more detail in the following section but the gist of it is that whatever is attached to the program users are installing, it will install alongside without users needing to explicitly approve it. Because it allows programs to essentially install without permission, it’s a rather controversial installation method.
AdPop Block Search is distributed via freeware bundles
The extension is advertised on certain sites so it is possible that users could have downloaded it themselves. Though with the amount of adblockers out there, it’s rather unlikely that users would stumble upon this particular one.
If users suddenly find it installed on their computers, what likely happened was they installed a free program that had AdPop Block Search attached to it. As we mentioned above, this is called software bundling. A lot of unwanted programs use this method to bypass users and install without permission. The unwanted programs come attached to free software as additional offers, are hidden and preselected to install alongside by default. They are technically optional but to stop them from installing, users need to manually deselect them. Most don’t do this simply because they aren’t aware of anything being attached.
To make the offers visible, it’s necessary to opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. Advanced will not only display if anything has been added but also allow users to deselect everything. All users need to do is uncheck the boxes, and they can continue installing the program.
Should users remove AdPop Block Search
When this extension is installed, it will hijack all popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Their settings will be changed, and search-7.com will be set as the homepage. The default search engine will be changed to search-7.com. While the hijacker is installed, the changes will be irreversible because the hijacker will just keep changing the settings again and again.
The site itself is nothing special. It only has a search box and a logo showing “search-7”. Normally, these kinds of sites promote questionable search engines that insert sponsored content into results in order to redirect them. However, the search engine promoted on this site doesn’t even work. No matter what users search for, the site will not load properly, and will display no results. Since the search engine does not work, the extension is useless.
The hijacker shouldn’t redirect users because the search engine does not work. However, it will still collect information about users’ browsing activities. It will track what sites users visit, what they search for, their IP address, etc. It’s not uncommon for this information to be shared with unknown third-parties.
To summarize, the hijacker installed on its own without users’ permission, changed browser’s settings, is forcing users to use a search engine that does not work, and tracks how users browse the internet.
AdPop Block Search removal
Users can use anti-spyware software to uninstall AdPop Block Search, and that would be the easiest method. Manual AdPop Block Search removal is possible but it may take longer because users would need to find all related files themselves, and that may be difficult because of how pesky these kinds of programs are. Once the program is no longer present, users can change their browser’s settings back to normal.
Download Removal Toolto scan for AdPop Block SearchTo scan for AdPop Block Search, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like AdPop Block Search and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove AdPop Block Search
- Automatic AdPop Block Search removal
- Manual AdPop Block Search removal from Windows
- Manual AdPop Block Search removal from Mac OS
- How to delete AdPop Block Search from your Internet browser
- Delete AdPop Block Search from Internet Explorer
- AdPop Block Search deletion from Google Chrome
- AdPop Block Search deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- AdPop Block Search removal from Safari
- Delete AdPop Block Search from Microsoft Edge
Automatic AdPop Block Search removal
Using anti-spyware or other malware removal software to delete AdPop Block Search is recommended. AdPop Block Search should be deleted by anti-spyware easily because their aim is dealing with these kinds of infections. To remove AdPop Block Search, all you have to do is download the software and scan your device. However, you may uninstall AdPop Block Search manually, and we will explain in the below provided instructions.
Manual AdPop Block Search removal from Windows
- Open Control Panel, and to do that click Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and delete AdPop Block Search.
- Look through all applications installed on your device for other dubious programs and remove them.
- Click Start (the windows logo) or tap the windows key – Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Delete AdPop Block Search.
- If you see any other questionable applications, delete them as well.
- You will need to open Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and opt for Programs and Features.
- Remove AdPop Block Search.
- We also suggest checking through all other applications for any other suspicious applications, and if there’s anything, uninstall it/them.
Manual AdPop Block Search removal from Mac OS
You shouldn’t have any problems with removing AdPop Block Search from your Mac computer. But we will also guide you through removing some related files after AdPop Block Search deletion.
- Open Finder – Applications.
- Drag AdPop Block Search into the trash.
- If there are any other applications you don’t recognise, delete them as well.
- Press Go located on the menu bar and then Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and put to the trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Finally, empty the trash which you can do by right-clicking on the trash icon and pressing Empty Trash.
How to delete AdPop Block Search from your Internet browser
Delete AdPop Block Search from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Uninstall AdPop Block Search and any other unfamiliar extension by pressing on them and pressing Remove.
- Access Internet Options by pressing the gear icon and picking Internet Options.
- Access the General tab and modify your homepage to a web page of your preference.
- Access Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and selecting Manage Add-ons.
- Click Search Providers (from the menu on the left), change the search engine to your preference after you delete the one set by AdPop Block Search.
In case you’re still struggling with AdPop Block Search, it’ll be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- For users using devices running Windows XP, press start and open Run and put in inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- For Windows Vista/7 users, click the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, open Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Press Reset again.
AdPop Block Search deletion from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find AdPop Block Search and any other unfamiliar extension, and delete them.
- Press on the three dots top-right corner of the screen and select Settings.
- If you go to On startup, you’ll see that AdPop Block Search set an odd page as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Access the Search engine section from the menu tab on the left, click Manage search engines, change your search engine from the one AdPop Block Search set for you to something else.
You will need to restore your browser’s settings if AdPop Block Search is still there.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and go down until you see Reset.
- Click on Reset and press Reset again in the new window that appears.
AdPop Block Search deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons through the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Click on Extensions, find and delete AdPop Block Search, and any other unknown extension.
- Access Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- If you go to the Home tab, you’ll see that AdPop Block Search set a weird page as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Access the Search tab from the menu on the left, delete the search engine set by AdPop Block Search and change it to something you prefer.
If that didn’t solve your issues, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox in the new window.
- Confirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
AdPop Block Search removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and select Preferences.
- Open the Extensions tab, find and delete AdPop Block Search, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- In the General tab, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by AdPop Block Search.
- Open the Search tab, modify your search engine.
If that didn’t fix your trouble, your browser’s settings will need to be reset.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and click on Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Click on Develop on the menu bar and select Empty Caches.
Delete AdPop Block Search from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find AdPop Block Search and any other unfamiliar extension, and remove them.
- Access Settings via the menu (the three dots).
- You’ll need to modify your homepage in On Startup.
- Open the Privacy and services tab, remove the search engine set by AdPop Block Search and pick your preferred one.
If AdPop Block Search is still there, you’ll need to reset your browser’s settings to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge, press on the three dots, select Settings, click on the Reset settings tab.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Reset.