PDFConverterSearchHD Uninstall Guide
What is PDFConverterSearchHD
PDFConverterSearchHD browser hijacker might be to blame for the altered browser’s settings, and it could have entered together with freeware. Hijackers generally come together with free programs, and can install without the user even noticing. It is crucial that you are attentive during program installation because otherwise, these kinds of infections will install all the time. PDFConverterSearchHD isn’t a high-level threat but the way it acts will get on your nerves. example, you will see modified browser’s settings, and you new tabs and home website will be set to the hijacker’s promoted website.
What you will also notice is that your search is altered, and it could be manipulating search results by inserting sponsored content into them. Redirect viruses will redirect you to sponsored sites in order to generate traffic for them, which allows their owners to earn revenue from advertisements. Some of those redirects may reroute to insecure pages, so be careful of malware. If you contaminated your OS with malicious software, the situation would be much more extreme. Hijackers tend to pretend they have handy features but you can easily replace them with proper plug-ins, which won’t reroute you to weird malware. You may also notice content you may be interested in, and that is because the redirect virus is following what you search for, collecting information about what you’re interested in. It wouldn’t be unusual if that info was sold to third-parties too. And the sooner you remove PDFConverterSearchHD, the better.
What do I have to know about these threats
You possibly ran into the browser hijacker accidentally, during freeware installation. We do not think that users would install them willingly, so free application bundles is the most feasible method. If users were more attentive when they install applications, this method would not be so effective. You must pay attention as items tend to hide, and by not seeing them, you’re basically giving them authorization to install. Don’t use Default settings as they do not permit you to uncheck anything. Advanced or Custom mode, on the other hand, will display you those offers. If you don’t want to deal with unfamiliar installations, unchecking every item that appears. All you have to do is unmark the items that become visible, and you may then continue installing the freeware. Dealing with these infections can be irritating so you would do yourself a great favor by initially blocking them. Furthermore, you need to be more cautious about where you get your applications from as dubious sources could bring a lot of trouble.
Hijackers don’t belong on your machine, thus the sooner you eliminate PDFConverterSearchHD, the better. Depending on on your computer experience, you can choose either by hand and automatic way to rid your machine of the hijacker. By hand method includes you finding the contamination and taking care of it yourself. The process itself is not hard, albeit more time-consuming than you might have initially thought, but you’re welcome to make use of the below provided instructions. They should help you take care of the infection, so make sure you follow them accordingly. However, if this is your first time dealing with a redirect virus, this might not be the best option for you. Downloading anti-spyware software to take care of the threat may best if that is the case. Those programs are created to get rid of threats like this, so you shouldn’t run into any problems. If your browser permits you to nullify the changes, the hijacker’s removal process was successful, and it is no longer on your system. If they modify back to display the reroute virus’s web page, the infection is still present on your OS. Having to deal with these kinds of redirect virus may be pretty annoying, so better block their installation in the first place, which means you have to actually pay attention when you install programs. Make sure you develop decent tech habits because it may prevent a lot of trouble.
Download Removal Toolto scan for PDFConverterSearchHDTo scan for PDFConverterSearchHD, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like PDFConverterSearchHD and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove PDFConverterSearchHD
- Uninstall PDFConverterSearchHD with spyware removal software
- Manual PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Windows
- Manual PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Mac OS
- PDFConverterSearchHD deletion from your Internet browser
- Remove PDFConverterSearchHD from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall PDFConverterSearchHD from Google Chrome
- PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove PDFConverterSearchHD from Safari
- PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Microsoft Edge
Uninstall PDFConverterSearchHD with spyware removal software
It is a good idea to use security software such as anti-spyware to remove PDFConverterSearchHD because it’s the easiest. These types of programs are designed to delete all kinds of infections so they should have no problems with PDFConverterSearchHD. These programs are simple enough to operate and should have no trouble removing PDFConverterSearchHD. However, you may remove PDFConverterSearchHD manually, and you’ll see instructions below.
Manual PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Windows
- Press the windows key on the keyboard to open Start menu (or simply press Start), then select Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove PDFConverterSearchHD.
- It’s also recommended to go through all other applications to see if anything else causes suspicion.
- Open Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Locate PDFConverterSearchHD and delete it.
- Check all your installed programs, and delete anything else questionable.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Locate PDFConverterSearchHD and delete it.
- We also suggest going through all other applications for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
Manual PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Mac OS
Removing PDFConverterSearchHD from your Mac isn’t complicated. However, you will also need to delete a couple of leftover files in addition to uninstalling the application.
- Click on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and press on Applications.
- Locate PDFConverterSearchHD and trash it (the trash icon located on the dock).
- If there are any other questionable applications, uninstall them as well.
- Open Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if you notice any other questionable files, put them in the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and drag them to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
PDFConverterSearchHD deletion from your Internet browser
Remove PDFConverterSearchHD from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Click Remove on PDFConverterSearchHD and all extensions you’re unfamiliar with.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and then Internet Options.
- If you open the General tab, you’ll be able to change your homepage to a site of your preference.
- Access Manage Add-ons by opening the browser menu (the gear icon) and pressing Manage Add-ons.
- Go to the Search Providers tab (from the menu on the left), delete the PDFConverterSearchHD set one and choose one of your preference.
If PDFConverterSearchHD is still causing issues, resetting your browser settings may be necessary.
- For users using devices running Windows XP, click start and open Run and type inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- For users using devices running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If your computer is running Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, choose Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Uninstall PDFConverterSearchHD from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Access the menu by pressing on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, then More tools and Extensions.
- Find and delete PDFConverterSearchHD, as well as any other extension you do not know.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- Access On startup, you’ll see that PDFConverterSearchHD set a strange site as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, click Manage search engines, change your search engine.
If you’re still having problems, your browser’s settings will need to be reset.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and then affirm your choice by clicking on Reset again.
PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Open Extensions, identify all unfamiliar extensions, as well as PDFConverterSearchHD, and remove them.
- Open Preferences through the menu (the three dots).
- You can modify your homepage in the Home tab.
- Open the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, change your search engine.
If PDFConverterSearchHD is still causing problems, it may be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Remove PDFConverterSearchHD from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and select Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, locate and remove PDFConverterSearchHD, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- You will have to change your homepage in the General tab.
- Open the Search tab, change your search engine from the one PDFConverterSearchHD set for you to something else.
Resetting your browser’s settings will likely be necessary if you’re still having problems with PDFConverterSearchHD.
- Clear History by pressing on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and click on Clear History.
- Press on Safari (from the menu bar at the top), select Preferences and go to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- The Develop menu will appear at the top, click on that and click on Empty Caches.
PDFConverterSearchHD removal from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Find and remove PDFConverterSearchHD, as well as any other unknown extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you will see that PDFConverterSearchHD set an odd website as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one PDFConverterSearchHD set for you to something else.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if PDFConverterSearchHD is still present.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.