PDF Mac Master Removal
What is PDF Mac Master
PDF Mac Master is a potentially unwanted program that falls into the adware category. It’s not a malicious program, nor will it harm your Mac directly. However, it will bombard your screen with ads, possibly redirect to strange sites and will track your browsing. Not to mention it installs via freeware bundles, meaning you likely were not asked to permit its installation. We will explain this installation method in more detail later on but the gist of it is that programs like PDF Mac Master may come attached to free software as extra offers. If the offers go unnoticed by users, they are able to install alongside without explicit permission. It’s fortunately quite easy to prevent these extra offers from installing, provided you are paying attention.
Advertised as a PDF reader, PDF Mac Master may seem like a useful program to have for those who read a lot of PDF documents. However, while users may appreciate it as a PDF reader, they are unlikely to to be too pleased with the abundance of intrusive ads it shows. Because it falls into the adware category, the ads will not necessarily be safe. You could be shown highly dubious ones, which could lead you to scams or even malware.
If you don’t recall installing it yourself, we don’t recommend keeping it. And there are better options out there if you’re looking for a PDF reader, thus we suggest you remove PDF Mac Master.
PDF Mac Master can install via freeware bundles
If you don’t remember installing PDF Mac Master yourself, it’s not impossible for it to have installed via freeware bundles. This method of installation is often used by all kinds of unwanted programs, primarily because it allows them to install without explicit permission. Software bundling is essentially adding additional offers to freeware. Those offers are usually adware, browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), and they’re permitted to install alongside the freeware automatically. Unless you pay enough attention to prevent them from doing so.
When you install freeware, opt for Advanced (Custom) settings. Those settings will make all added offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Simply uncheck the boxes of all offers and then continue installing the program. Keep in mind that most free programs will come with these offers, so it is important that you always pay attention and deselect them. Otherwise, your Mac would be filled with junk that’s difficult to get rid of.
It’s also possible you installed the program yourself, thinking it would be a useful tool to have. However, had you done a search with Google, you would have gotten results encouraging its removal.
Should you delete PDF Mac Master
Since it’s not a malicious program, whether you delete PDF Mac Master or not is your decision. However, you should look into the program more closely before making a decision.
The program is advertised as a PDF reader, and while it may work as such, it also shows a lot of ads, which is partially why it’s classified as adware. The increase in ads will be immediately noticeable, and they’ll appear on all browsers you may be using, whether it’s Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. It won’t be just regular ads either. You can expect to get random pop-ups, as well as redirects to questionable websites.
Because adware generated ads are far from being safe, you should be very careful to not interact with them. Overall, while adware is installed, avoid all ads altogether. Otherwise, you could end up on websites hiding malware or promoting scams.
Lastly, we should also mention that adware tracks users and collects certain information, such as visited sites, search queries and IP address. The information is usually used to generate ads users would be more likely to click on, or sold to third-parties.
PDF Mac Master removal
Because it would be easiest, use anti-virus to uninstall PDF Mac Master if you have decided not to keep it. You can also remove PDF Mac Master manually, though that may take longer.
The program is detected by multiple anti-virus programs:
- Avast/AVG – MacOS:InstallCore-MR [PUP]
- BitDefender – Adware.MAC.Generic.14371
- Emsisoft – Adware.MAC.Generic.14371 (B)
- ESET – A Variant Of OSX/Adware.InstallCore.JT
- Kaspersky – Not-a-virus:HEUR:Downloader.OSX.Install
Download Removal Toolto scan for PDF Mac MasterTo scan for PDF Mac Master, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like PDF Mac Master and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove PDF Mac Master
- Remove PDF Mac Master with anti-spyware software
- How to manually uninstall PDF Mac Master from Windows
- How to manually delete PDF Mac Master from Mac OS
- How to remove PDF Mac Master from your Internet browser
- Remove PDF Mac Master from Internet Explorer
- PDF Mac Master removal from Google Chrome
- PDF Mac Master deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Remove PDF Mac Master from Safari
- PDF Mac Master deletion from Microsoft Edge
Remove PDF Mac Master with anti-spyware software
It’s easiest to delete PDF Mac Master from both Macs and Windows devices via security software like anti-spyware. These kinds of programs are developed to remove all kinds of threats so they should have no problems with PDF Mac Master. These applications are quite simple to operate and should easily delete PDF Mac Master. But if you scroll down, you’ll also find instructions that explain manual PDF Mac Master deletion.
How to manually uninstall PDF Mac Master from Windows
- Access Control Panel by pressing Start (the windows logo bottom-left corner of the screen) and then Settings.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Find and delete PDF Mac Master.
- We also suggest checking through all other applications for anything else suspicious, and if there’s anything, remove it/them.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Access Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Remove PDF Mac Master.
- Check all applications installed on your system for other dubious programs and get rid of them.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Locate PDF Mac Master and delete it.
- Do the same to all additional not familiar programs.
How to manually delete PDF Mac Master from Mac OS
Uninstalling PDF Mac Master from a Mac isn’t complicated. However, removing the remaining files will also be necessary in addition to uninstalling the application.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and select Applications from the menu on the left.
- Drag PDF Mac Master into the trash.
- Trash any other dubious program you are not familiar with.
- Access Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/Application Support. If you see any dubious and recently added files, put them in the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag all questionable files to the trash.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- You will have to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
How to remove PDF Mac Master from your Internet browser
Remove PDF Mac Master from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Click Remove on PDF Mac Master and all unknown extensions.
- Access Internet Options through browser menu (the gear icon).
- You will be able to change your homepage to your preferred website in the General tab.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Press on Search Providers from the side menu, change the search engine to your choice after you remove the one set by PDF Mac Master.
If that didn’t fix your trouble, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- If you are using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- If you’re using Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, choose Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Click Reset again to confirm.
PDF Mac Master removal from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Identify all extensions you cannot identify, as well as PDF Mac Master, and delete them.
- Access the menu again and press on Settings.
- You will have to change your homepage in On startup.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, remove the search engine set by PDF Mac Master and set your preferred one.
In case PDF Mac Master is still there, your browser’s settings might have to be restored to default.
- Open Google Chrome, click on the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen, press Settings.
- Scroll down, press on Advanced and scroll down until you see Reset.
- Click Reset and then affirm your choice by clicking on Reset again.
PDF Mac Master deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Access Add-ons through the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Click on Extensions, find all extensions you cannot identify, as well as PDF Mac Master, and delete them.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- Access the Home tab, you will see that PDF Mac Master set an odd site as your homepage, change it to one of your preference.
- Access the Search tab from the menu on the left, change your search engine from the one set by PDF Mac Master to something of your preference.
If you are still having trouble, it will be necessary to restore your browser’s settings.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox in the new window.
- Confirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
Remove PDF Mac Master from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Click Safari from the menu bar, and press on Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, identify all extensions you can’t identify, as well as PDF Mac Master, and remove them.
- If you go to the General tab, you’ll see a homepage set by PDF Mac Master, set it to one of your preference.
- Open the Search tab, change your search engine from the one PDF Mac Master set for you to something else.
If PDF Mac Master is still causing issues, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Launch Safari, click on Safari on the menu bar, and press Clear History.
- Safari – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- You will see the Develop menu at the top, click on that and then press on Empty Caches.
PDF Mac Master deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, and press Extensions.
- Find and delete PDF Mac Master, as well as any other extension you can’t identify.
- Access Settings via the menu (the three dots).
- You may modify your homepage in On Startup.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, remove the search engine set by PDF Mac Master and set your preferred one.
If that didn’t fix your issues, it’ll be necessary to reset your browser’s settings.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.