PDF – Converter Tools Removal [Explained]
What is PDF – Converter Tools?
PDF – Converter Tools is a potentially unwanted application that claims to have beneficial features. It is supposed to allow you to convert files into different formats, however, its main goal is to generate revenue through advertising. The app has browser hijacker capabilities, so it alters your browser settings replacing your home page, new tab, and search engine. It also inserts various ads into hour browsers. There is no reason to keep it installed on your device as it slows down your browsing speed and causes unnecessary distractions. We advise that you get rid of PDF – Converter Tools without delay.
How does PDF – Converter Tools work?
The most obvious symptoms of PDF – Converter Tools is that it changes your browser settings. Every time you open your browser, you get presented with your new home page that contains links to various popular sites as well as pages that let you convert files into different formats. It also has a search box, which reroutes you to Bing, Yahoo, or Google custom search engine. The results that you get presented with from now on will contain lots of ads as exposing you to commercial content is the goal of the application.
In addition to changing your browser settings to a website that does not improve your experience in any way, the adware also floods you with different coupons, banners, pop-ups, and links, which appear on all sites that you open. These ads may turn out to be misleading or completely fake. If you click on a fake ad, you may end up on a malign domain containing scams or malware. Needless to say, falling for a scam can result in financial losses, while infecting your PC with malware can lead to serious system damage. In order to avoid such unnecessary risks, we urge you to eliminate PDF – Converter Tools from your browsers as soon as possible.
How to remove PDF – Converter Tools?
Luckily, PDF – Converter Tools removal is not that complicated. Two options to choose from include manual and automatic PDF – Converter Tools removal. If you decide to delete PDF – Converter Tools manually, you can follow the instructions we have provided below. They can also be used to uninstall other unwanted applications from your device. Alternatively, you can implement an anti-malware utility that will scan your computer and detect all unwelcome components. The utility from our page can perform a full system scan, find all potentially unwanted and malign software, and remove PDF – Converter Tools along with it. This is the more secure and efficient option as it allows you to make sure that your computer is infection-free and that it stays that way in the future.
Download Removal Toolto scan for PDF - Converter ToolsTo scan for PDF - Converter Tools, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like PDF - Converter Tools and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove PDF – Converter Tools
- Delete PDF – Converter Tools with anti-spyware software
- How to manually uninstall PDF – Converter Tools from Windows
- Manual PDF – Converter Tools removal from Mac OS
- How to remove PDF – Converter Tools from your Internet browser
- Delete PDF – Converter Tools from Internet Explorer
- PDF – Converter Tools removal from Google Chrome
- Remove PDF – Converter Tools from Mozilla Firefox
- PDF – Converter Tools removal from Safari
- PDF – Converter Tools removal from Microsoft Edge
Delete PDF – Converter Tools with anti-spyware software
It’s a good idea to use anti-spyware or some other security program to uninstall PDF – Converter Tools because that would be easiest. Anti-spyware should uninstall PDF – Converter Tools because it is designed to deal with such infections. These programs are simple enough to operate and ought to easily delete PDF – Converter Tools. If you scroll down, you’ll also find instructions that explain manual PDF – Converter Tools deletion.
How to manually uninstall PDF – Converter Tools from Windows
- Open Control Panel, and to do that press Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall PDF – Converter Tools.
- If there are any other programs you do not recognise, remove them as well.
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall PDF – Converter Tools.
- Look through all installed applications for other suspicious applications and remove them.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Locate PDF – Converter Tools and remove it.
- Uninstall any other suspicious program you do not recognise.
Manual PDF – Converter Tools removal from Mac OS
You shouldn’t have any issues with removing PDF – Converter Tools from your Mac computer. However, you will also need to delete a couple of leftover files in addition to removing the program.
- Click on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and press on Applications.
- Drag PDF – Converter Tools into the trash.
- If you see any other applications you do not recognise, remove them as well.
- If you press Go on the menu bar, you will see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if you note any suspicious and recently added files, put them in the trash.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Put to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. If you note any other dubious files, put them in the trash.
- You will need to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.
How to remove PDF – Converter Tools from your Internet browser
Delete PDF – Converter Tools from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Find PDF – Converter Tools and any extensions you cannot identify and uninstall it/them by selecting them and clicking Remove.
- Open Internet Options by pressing the gear icon and picking Internet Options.
- You’ll be able to change your homepage to your preferred web page in the General tab.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Press Search Providers (from the left side menu, set the search engine after you delete the one set by PDF – Converter Tools.
In case you’re still struggling with PDF – Converter Tools, your browser’s settings will need to be restored to default.
- If you’re using Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If your device is running Windows Vista/7, click the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Confirm the reset by pressing Reset again.
PDF – Converter Tools removal from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Find and delete PDF – Converter Tools, as well as any other extension you can’t identify.
- Press on the three dots top-right and press on Settings.
- In the On startup section, set the homepage of your choice instead of the one set by PDF – Converter Tools.
- Open the Search engine section from the menu on the left, click Manage search engines, modify your search engine from the one set by PDF – Converter Tools to something of your choice.
If that didn’t fix your trouble, your browser’s settings will have to be restored.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, press on Advanced and scroll down to the Reset section.
- Click on Reset and press Reset again in the new window that pops up.
Remove PDF – Converter Tools from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Click on Extensions, find PDF – Converter Tools and any other extension you cannot identify, and delete them.
- Open Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- Access the Home tab, you’ll see that PDF – Converter Tools set a weird web page as your homepage, set it to one of your preference.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu on the left, modify your search engine.
If that did not fix your trouble, your browser’s settings will have to be restored.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click on Refresh Firefox in the new window that pops up.
- Affirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
PDF – Converter Tools removal from Safari
- Open Safari.
- Press on Safari from the menu bar, and click on Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, look for PDF – Converter Tools and any other extension you cannot identify, and delete them.
- In the General tab, set the homepage of your preference instead of the one set by PDF – Converter Tools.
- Go to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
In case PDF – Converter Tools is still giving you issues, your browser’s settings will need to be reset to default.
- Open Safari, press on Safari on the menu bar, and click on Clear History.
- Press on Safari on the menu bar, click on Preferences and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the Show Develop menu in menu bar box.
- Click on Develop on the menu bar and then on Empty Caches.
PDF – Converter Tools removal from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner of the screen, and press Extensions.
- Find and remove PDF – Converter Tools, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- You may modify your homepage in On Startup.
- Navigate to Privacy and services tab, modify your search engine from the one set by PDF – Converter Tools to something else.
Resetting your browser’s settings to default will likely be necessary if PDF – Converter Tools is still giving you issues.
- Open Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots, select Settings, click on the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.