How to remove PC SmartCare
What is PC SmartCare
PC SmartCare is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), advertised as a system optimizer that promises to remove viruses, fix network, security, software, OS, and hardware issues. The reason it’s classified as a PUP is because it uses software bundling to install and potentially shows fake scan results in order to pressure users into buying the full version of the program. This is a common tactic used by many bogus system optimizers. Because of programs like this, you should always be skeptical of system optimizers. They often promise to fix the computer, remove issues and improve its performance but in reality, they barely have any effect, certainly not the one they promise.
If you scan your computer with PC SmartCare, be skeptical of scan results as they are likely to be fake. Bogus optimizers show fake results in order to pressure users into buying the full versions of those programs. So before you decide whether PC SmartCare would be useful, carefully review the scan results to check whether the issues actually exist. We should mention that the majority of things system optimizers do can be done manually by users themselves, so there is rarely any need to have system optimizers.
We strongly recommend you delete PC SmartCare if you have no recollection of installing it. PUPs often use software bundling to spread, which allows them to install essentially without permission. Continue reading to learn more about how you can prevent these unwanted installations in the future.
PUPs often install via software bundling
Potentially unwanted programs, adware and browser hijackers often use software bundling to install, as it allows them to do so without users’ explicit permission. Software bundling is essentially adding additional offers to programs. Those offers are set to install automatically alongside the program they’re attached to. So when users install a program, they install the offers as well. The offers are optional but to prevent users from deselecting them, they’re hidden initially. Users need to pay attention to how they install programs to actually notice them.
Next time you install a free program, opt for Advanced or Custom settings instead of Default. Advanced will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. Simply uncheck the boxes and you can then continue the installation. Since most free programs will come with these offers, you should always deselect them. Otherwise, your computer will be full of junk programs that are difficult to get rid of.
If, by chance, you downloaded and installed the program yourself, we recommend doing more extensive research before installing programs in the future A simply search with Google would have given plenty results recommended users stay away from it.
Should you remove PC SmartCare?
The program is advertised as a tool with multiple useful features, such as virus and issue remover. The program will supposedly remove viruses and spyware, and solve issues related to network & security, software, OS, and hardware & devices. Overall, it seems like a useful tool to have at first sight. However, we recommend taking a closer look at the program. It will scan your computer, and the results may surprise you with how many issues are detected. Programs like PC SmartCare often fake scan results in order to pressure users into buying the full versions, which is necessary to use the programs’ full features.
Even if the issues system optimizers detect were real, many of them would be fixable manually. Thus, you should be very skeptical of system optimizers. While they often claim to be able to significantly improve the computer’s performance, they don’t actually do all that much.
Overall, whether your computer needs an optimizer is your decision, but there are certainly better programs than PC SmartCare. But keep in mind that your computer won’t necessarily work better just because you delete a couple of old files.
PC SmartCare removal
You can uninstall PC SmartCare both manually and using anti-virus software. If you are not sure about how to go about manual removal, there will be instructions provided below this report. However, using an anti-virus program would be much easier, as it would do everything for you.
Download Removal Toolto scan for PC SmartCareTo scan for PC SmartCare, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like PC SmartCare and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove PC SmartCare
Remove PC SmartCare with anti-spyware software
You are recommended to use anti-spyware or some other malware removal software for PC SmartCare removal because it is the easiest. Anti-spyware applications are specifically developed to delete these threats and should be able to uninstall PC SmartCare. To uninstall PC SmartCare, you have to download the program and scan your system. If you scroll down, we’ll also explain manual PC SmartCare removal.
Manual PC SmartCare removal from Windows
- Access Control Panel, and to do that press Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall PC SmartCare.
- Look through the applications installed on your system, and uninstall anything else you don’t recognise.
- Open Control Panel by pressing Start and then Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Locate PC SmartCare and delete it.
- Check all installed applications for other dubious programs and remove them.
- You’ll need to access Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and selecting Programs and Features.
- Delete PC SmartCare.
- We also advise going through all other programs for any other suspicious applications, and if there is anything, delete it/them.
How to manually uninstall PC SmartCare from Mac OS
You should not have any problems with uninstalling PC SmartCare from your Mac device. But simply uninstalling the program won’t be sufficient, any related files will need to be deleted.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and select Applications from the menu on the left.
- In Applications, find PC SmartCare and drag it into the trash or right-click on the program and click Move to Trash.
- We advise doing the same with all other applications you do not recognise.
- Access Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and search for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and drag them to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. If Any recently-added files seem dubious, trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If Any recently-added files seem dubious, trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- You’ll have to right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.