Fast! software PUP Removal
What is Fast! software PUP
Fast! software PUP refers to a system optimization program that’s classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to its installation methods, as well as overall behaviour. System optimizers are often advertised as programs that can improve a computer’s performance by deleting certain files to free up space. However, in reality they are rarely as effective as they are made out to be. So while Fast! may be advertised as a great tool, it’s unlikely to actually do anything.
The free version of the program only allows users to scan their computers. If they wanted to fix any of the detected issues, users would need to buy the full program. It’s not uncommon for bogus system optimizers to use various scare tactics in order to pressure users into purchasing the full program. This one may be doing the same thing, thus you should be very skeptical of the scan results. Some of the detected issues may not exist or be greatly exaggerated, and even if they were legitimate, it’s possible the majority of them could be solved manually.
It wouldn’t not be surprising if you did not remember installing Fast!. The program uses software bundling to spread, which means it could have come attached to a free program you installed. Because you did not notice it attached, it was able to install alongside. If that is how it installed, you should delete Fast! software PUP immediately.
Software bundling is how PUPs install
If you don’t remember installing it, Fast! software PUP probably used software bundling to install. Software bundling is adding additional offers to programs. Those offers are often adware, browser hijackers and PUPs. The offers are added in a way that allows them to install alongside automatically. They are optional but users need to deselect them to prevent their installation. And most users don’t simply because they don’t notice the offers, as they’re purposely hidden.
To make extra offers visible when installing freeware, always opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. Advanced will display the offers if any have been added, and you will have the option of deselecting all of them. Simply unchecking the boxes of those offers is enough. Once that is done, you can continue installing the program.
Keep in mind that the majority of programs that you download from those free download sites will have these offers attached. It’s much easier to uncheck a couple of boxes than it is to later have to uninstall them.
Is Fast! software PUP dangerous?
Fast! software PUP is advertised as system optimizer that will help improve the computer’s performance. However, loads of programs claim to do that, and rarely are any of them actually effective. The majority of them don’t actually do anything, or do very little. Furthermore, system optimizers classified as PUPs often show fake scan results in order to scare users.
Fast! software will scan your computer for free but will require you to purchase the full version of the program if you want to use it to fix the detected issues. If you scan your computer with this program, carefully check the scan results to see what it detects. If a high number of issues are found, it’s likely that the scan results are fake or greatly exaggerated. Even if they were to be legitimate, you would likely be able to fix the majority of them manually.
Whether system optimizers are necessary is a debatable topic, which many users believing that a computer is fully capable of managing itself without needing a system optimizer. In some cases, using a system optimizer could actually be dangerous. Some of those system optimizers could actually be dangerous. For example, they often have a registry cleaning feature, which means they could accidentally delete an essential registry entry. Deleting the wrong one could lead to you needing to reinstall your Windows.
Fast! software PUP removal
You should be able to uninstall Fast! software PUP both manually and using anti-spyware software. You can remove Fast! software PUP likely any other program, and instructions will be provided below to help you. Anti-virus programs Malwarebytes and ESET detect it as PUP.Optional.VeryFast and Win32/Adware.VeryFast.B respectively.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Fast! software PUPTo scan for Fast! software PUP, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Fast! software PUP and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Fast! software PUP
Automatic Fast! software PUP removal
Using malware removal software such as anti-spyware to uninstall Fast! software PUP is suggested. The program will take care of everything, as uninstalling these applications is its aim. To remove Fast! software PUP, all you need to do is download the program and scan your computer. If you scroll down, you’ll also find instructions that explain manual Fast! software PUP deletion.
Remove Fast! software PUP from Windows manually
- You will have to access Control Panel, and to do that click Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove Fast! software PUP.
- We also suggest checking through all other programs for any other dubious programs, and if there’s anything, delete it/them.
- Tap the windows key to open start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Access Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Delete Fast! software PUP.
- You should also do the same with all additional not familiar applications.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Find Fast! software PUP and delete it.
- We also advise going through all other programs for anything else suspicious, and if there is anything, delete it/them.
Manual Fast! software PUP removal from Mac OS
It’s very easy to uninstall Fast! software PUP from your Mac computer. However, you’ll also have to remove a couple of leftover files in addition to uninstalling the program.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and press on Applications.
- Find Fast! software PUP and drag it to the trash (the trash icon located on the dock).
- If you see any other suspicious programs, remove them as well.
- In the menu bar, click Go – Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if you see any other dubious files, trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Put to the trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag all dubious files to the trash.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Look for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and drag them to the trash.
- You’ll have to right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.