Driver Update Plus virus Removal [Explained]
What is Driver Update Plus?
Driver Update Plus is a potentially unwanted programs that is sometimes referred to as a virus because of its distribution and behavior. It belongs to Energizer Softech PVT LTD and is advertised as a tool that can provide users with driver updates for Windows operating systems, but, in reality, its only goal is to make money. The app uses scare tactics to trick users into thinking that this software is absolutely vital for their device to function properly, which is simply untrue. We advise against spending any money on this deceptive app and suggest that you eliminate Driver Update Plus virus from your system without hesitation.
How does Driver Update Plus work?
Like any other potentially unwanted app, Driver Update Plus gets distributed via misleading means. It can be downloaded from various ads that pop-up on your screen out of nowhere or it can enter your computer together with other software without your notice. The app is often presented in the Advanced mode of the setup as an optional offer, however, if you install software in the Default or Recommended mode, you agree to additional offers automatically. That is why you should always check the installation wizard carefully so that you can avoid installing unwanted apps by accident.
Drivers are an essential part of the operating system and they have to be updated from time to time. However, updating them incorrectly can have a negative impact on the functionality of the computer. Driver Update Plus and other so-called updaters perform a system scan and present you with a list of outdated drivers in a way that makes the situation seem much more serious than it actually is. Moreover, even if you manually update a driver and check the system again, it will still show the driver as outdated. Other suspicious actions taken by the app include it creating scheduled tasks without your permission, leaving its components behind after you uninstall it, claiming that it is partnered with Microsoft and Norton when it is not, and more. It is clear that spending money on such an app is not a good idea. What you should do is get rid of Driver Update Plus virus as soon as possible.
How to remove Driver Update Plus virus?
You can terminate Driver Update Plus virus manually or automatically. Manual Driver Update Plus virus removal instructions are provided below, however, we recommend that you go with automatic Driver Update Plus virus removal instead. As we have mentioned, the driver updater is known to leave some of its component behind after manual elimination. If you use an anti-malware utility from our page, it will delete Driver Update Plus virus in its entirety and remove other unwanted apps that may be present in the system.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Driver Update Plus virusTo scan for Driver Update Plus virus, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Driver Update Plus virus and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Driver Update Plus virus
Uninstall Driver Update Plus virus with anti-spyware software
Using security software such as anti-spyware to uninstall Driver Update Plus virus is highly recommended. These types of programs are designed to uninstall all types of threats so they shouldn’t have problems with Driver Update Plus virus. Simply download the software, perform a scan, and remove Driver Update Plus virus. If you continue reading, we will also explain manual Driver Update Plus virus deletion.
How to manually remove Driver Update Plus virus from Windows
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start (the windows logo bottom-left corner of the screen) and then Settings.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and delete Driver Update Plus virus.
- It is also a good idea to go through all other applications to see if anything else is suspicious.
- Access Control Panel by clicking Start and then Control Panel.
- Open Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Delete Driver Update Plus virus.
- It is also suggested to go through all other programs to see if anything else causes suspicion.
- Right-click on Start – Programs and Features.
- Find Driver Update Plus virus and remove it.
- We also advise checking through all other programs for any other suspicious programs, and if there’s anything, uninstall it/them.
Manual Driver Update Plus virus removal from Mac OS
You shouldn’t have any problems with deleting Driver Update Plus virus from your Mac device. But we will also guide you through removing some leftover files after Driver Update Plus virus deletion.
- Finder – Applications.
- Locate Driver Update Plus virus and put it to the trash (the trash icon on the dock).
- Do the same with any other questionable application you don’t recognise.
- Access Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and look for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Search for any recently-added or otherwise suspicious files and trash them.
- Return to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. Drag to the trash any suspicious and recently-added files.
- Right-click on the trash icon and select Empty Trash.