Download.studio Malware Removal
What is Download.studio Malware
Download.studio Malware refers to the torrent client Download.studio. It has been recently noticed that an automatic update for Download.studio infects a computer with a backdoor trojan, which could allow serious malware to enter. Download.studio appears to be a legitimate torrent program, or as legitimate as they come. It provides a lot of content in Russian, which is why it’s popular among Russian-speaking users. Since it provides copyrighted content for free without authorization what it does is illegal. However, while users are always discouraged from using torrents for pirating, rarely do users care.
As most platforms that allow users to download copyrighted content for free, Download.studio is likely full of malware. Torrent sites and platforms are notoriously badly regulated, which allows cyber crooks to disguise their malware as popular movies, TV shows, games, etc. But that is not the only issue with Download.studio. It appears that the program recently pushed a malicious update that installed the FakeMBAM Backdoor. As the name implies, the malware works as a backdoor and can allow additional malware to enter.
Why is Download.studio dangerous?
As we said above, using torrent platforms like Download.studio can be quite dangerous, not to mention illegal. All kinds of malware are likely promoted on it, disguised as movies, TV shows, games, etc. Torrents are one of the main ways users infect their computers with ransomware. Users accidentally download malicious torrents all the time.
But main reason why Download.studio is dangerous is the malicious update. Users who had Download.studio installed on their computers received an automatic update that installed the FakeMBAM Backdoor. If more attentive users were to check the “update”, it would seem like an installer for Malwarebytes anti-malware. The update doesn’t actually look like the legitimate installer, but it’s convincing enough that people would be tricked.
The FakeMBAM Backdoor is essentially malware that can allow additional malware to install. According to reports, the malware that it installed is a mining trojan. Mining malware aren’t particularly damaging to the computer but they do have a very noticeable effect. They use computer resources to mine for cryptocurrency, which has a very negative effect, including noticeable computer sluggishness, programs crashing, etc. This is temporary, and the computer returns to normal once the malware is no longer present.
Overall, while it’s not known whether Download.studio was purposely spreading malware or if it was hacked, it’s strongly recommended you remove Download.studio Malware as soon as possible.
Download.studio Malware removal
If you have been a user of Download.studio for a while, you need to immediately check your computer for malware. The backdoor malware that the Download.studio update installed could have been a mining trojan. If that is the case, your computer would be noticeably slow with various performance issues. It’s strongly recommended to scan the computer with anti-virus software. Furthermore, you should also delete Download.studio Malware. Whether it was intentional or related to hacking, Download.studio was still spreading malware, and you should not keep such a risky program installed.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Download.studio MalwareTo scan for Download.studio Malware, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Download.studio Malware and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Download.studio Malware
- Delete Download.studio Malware with spyware removal software
- Uninstall Download.studio Malware from Windows manually
- Uninstall Download.studio Malware from your Mac OS manually
- How to remove Download.studio Malware from your Internet browser
- Uninstall Download.studio Malware from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall Download.studio Malware from Google Chrome
- Delete Download.studio Malware from Mozilla Firefox
- Download.studio Malware removal from Safari
- Delete Download.studio Malware from Microsoft Edge
Delete Download.studio Malware with spyware removal software
You are recommended to use malware removal software like anti-spyware for Download.studio Malware removal because that would be easiest. Those programs are created to remove these infections and Download.studio Malware won’t be an issue. Simply download the software, carry out a scan, and delete Download.studio Malware. But if you carry on reading, you will also find instructions that explain manual Download.studio Malware removal.
Uninstall Download.studio Malware from Windows manually
- Access Control Panel, and to do that click Start, then Settings and then Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove Download.studio Malware.
- Look through all installed applications for other dubious applications and get rid of them.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or press the windows key – Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Delete Download.studio Malware.
- We also suggest going through all other applications for any other suspicious applications, and if there’s anything, uninstall it/them.
- You’ll need to open Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and opt for Programs and Features.
- Find Download.studio Malware and delete it.
- Check the applications you have installed, and remove anything else you don’t recognise.
Uninstall Download.studio Malware from your Mac OS manually
Removing Download.studio Malware from a Mac isn’t hard. But we will also guide you through removing some related files after Download.studio Malware deletion.
- Finder – Applications.
- In Applications, locate Download.studio Malware and put it into the trash or alternatively right-click on the application and press Move to Trash.
- Do the same to all additional applications you don’t recognise.
- Access Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if any recently-added files seem questionable, trash them.
- Return to Go to Folder, and put in /Library/Application Support. Look for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. trash any questionable and recently-added files.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. If you note any other dubious files, trash them.
- Finally, empty the trash which you may do by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
How to remove Download.studio Malware from your Internet browser
Uninstall Download.studio Malware from Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Open Manage Add-ons via the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Click Remove on Download.studio Malware and all unfamiliar extensions.
- Access Internet Options via browser menu (the gear icon).
- In the General tab, modify the homepage to a website of your choice.
- Press on the gear icon (top-right corner), and press on Manage Add-ons.
- Access Search Providers (from the menu on the left), remove the one set by Download.studio Malware and pick the one you prefer.
If you’re still having issues, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- If you are using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and click Enter. Access the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For Windows 8/10 users, launch Internet Explorer, gear icon – Internet Options – Advanced tab – Reset. Confirm the reset by pressing Reset again.
Uninstall Download.studio Malware from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Locate and remove Download.studio Malware, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- In the On startup section, delete the homepage set by Download.studio Malware and choose your preferred one.
- Go to Search engine from the menu tab on the left, then Manage search engines, change your search engine from the one Download.studio Malware set for you to something else.
If that did not solve your problems, your browser’s settings will have to be restored.
- Open Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, press on Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Click Reset and affirm your choice.
Delete Download.studio Malware from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Menu (the three top right corner bars) – Add-ons.
- Access Extensions, identify all extensions you don’t recognise, as well as Download.studio Malware, and remove them.
- Open Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- If you go to the Home tab, you’ll see a homepage set by Download.studio Malware, change it to one you prefer.
- Open the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine from the one Download.studio Malware set for you to something else.
You may have to restore browser’s settings to default if you are still having problems with Download.studio Malware.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the window, click on Refresh Firefox.
- Click Refresh Firefox again.
Download.studio Malware removal from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, find and remove Download.studio Malware, and any other unfamiliar extension.
- You’ll have to modify your homepage in the General tab.
- Access the Search tab, delete the search engine set by Download.studio Malware and set your preferred one.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if you’re still having issues with Download.studio Malware.
- Launch Safari, press on Safari from the menu bar, and press Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by clicking on the Develop menu and then pressing on Empty Caches.
Delete Download.studio Malware from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Access Extensions through the menu (the three dots at the top-right corner).
- Find all extensions you can’t identify, as well as Download.studio Malware, and remove them.
- Menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Access the On startup tab, you will see that Download.studio Malware set a strange site as your homepage, change it to one you prefer.
- Navigate to Privacy and services tab, remove the search engine set by Download.studio Malware and change it to something of your choice.
Your browser’s settings will have to be reset if you are still having problems with Download.studio Malware.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, click on the three dots, select Settings, press on the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.