Dolphin Deals Removal
What is Dolphin Deals
Dolphin Deals is advertised as a program that will find the best deals and coupons when shopping online, but is categorised as adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It is a highly intrusive infection that will constantly bombard you with advertisements no matter what sites you browse. One of the reasons why Dolphin Deals is classified as a PUP is because it uses a deceptive installation method that allows it to install without users’ permission. This method is called software bundling. To put it simply, many free programs come with added offers (usually adware, browser hijackers and PUPs), which are permitted to install alongside the program unless users manually stop them. However, for one reason or another, most users don’t even notice. If you continue reading, we will explain how this method works in more detail. If you do not recall installing the extension, we strongly recommend you delete Dolphin Deals, seeing as you did not explicitly permit its installation.
The adware is not malicious, meaning it will not harm your computer directly. However, what it will do is bombard your screen with ads. Since this program is advertised as a tool to find good shopping deals, the ads will mostly be related to that. If you do a lot of online shopping, you may think that this tool is useful but keep in mind that adware can expose you to highly unreliable content, including scams and malware.
How does adware install
Since Dolphin Deals is advertised as a legitimate extension, it is possible that you downloaded it yourself, thinking that it would help you find better shopping deals. If that is the case, however, you should do extensive research before installing programs in the future. A search with Google of Dolphin Deals would have given you plenty of results discouraging users from using it.
But it is much more likely that you installed the extension accidentally. What probably happened is you installed a free program that had Dolphin Deals attached to it as an extra offer. When an offer comes attached to free software, it is permitted to install alongside, provided users don’t manually deselect it. Users aren’t properly informed about these offers, which is why this installation method is rather controversial. Most programs that use it to install are classified as potentially unwanted.
In the future, make sure you opt for Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default when setting up free programs. Advanced settings will show you if anything has been added, and you will have the option to deselect everything. Simply uncheck the boxes of all offers and continue the installation. Keep in mind that most free programs will come with these extra offers, thus you always need to pay attention to how you install programs.
Should you delete Dolphin Deals?
As soon as the adware attaches itself to your browser, whether you’re using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will start seeing intrusive advertisements when browsing. It will mostly be ads related to online shopping. As we mentioned above, if you are an avid online shopper this may seem like a useful extension, but we do not recommend interacting with the ads. Adware isn’t exactly known to generate reliable/safe ads so you could easily be exposed to questionable content.
Those shopping deals that the adware displays may lead you to questionable websites where non-existent items are sold. You could end up purchasing from a scam website, which would not only get your money but also your payment card details.
Adware also tracks your browsing, collecting information about what you search for, what content you engage with, what sites you visit, your IP address, etc. This information would be used to generate ads tailored to you. While this isn’t personal information, we doubt you feel comfortable being tracked this way.
Dolphin Deals removal
Fortunately, this isn’t a serious infection and you will be able to remove Dolphin Deals easily. You can do it yourself, and we will provide instructions below this report to help you if you are unsure about where to start. But the easiest way to uninstall Dolphin Deals would be to use anti-spyware software. Automatic removal is much quicker because the anti-spyware program would take care of everything, including removing all related files that could allow the adware to recover.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Dolphin DealsTo scan for Dolphin Deals, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like Dolphin Deals and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove Dolphin Deals
- Automatic Dolphin Deals removal
- Remove Dolphin Deals from Windows manually
- Manual Dolphin Deals removal from Mac OS
- How to remove Dolphin Deals from your Internet browser
- Delete Dolphin Deals from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall Dolphin Deals from Google Chrome
- Dolphin Deals deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- How to remove Dolphin Deals from Safari
- Dolphin Deals deletion from Microsoft Edge
Automatic Dolphin Deals removal
Using anti-spyware or other security software to delete Dolphin Deals is advised. Security software will quickly remove Dolphin Deals because it’s developed to deal with these types of threats. These software are quite easy to use and ought to have no trouble removing Dolphin Deals. If you scroll down, we’ll also explain manual Dolphin Deals removal.
Remove Dolphin Deals from Windows manually
- Tap the windows key on the keyboard to access Start menu (or just click Start), then select Settings and finally Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Find and remove Dolphin Deals.
- Delete any additional program that causes suspicion.
- Tap the windows key to open start menu and press Control Panel.
- Pick Programs and Features and then Uninstall a program.
- Remove Dolphin Deals.
- We recommend doing the same with all other not familiar applications.
- You’ll have to open Programs and Features and to do that right-click on Start and select Programs and Features.
- Find Dolphin Deals and remove it.
- Check all your installed applications, and delete anything else that cause suspicion.
Manual Dolphin Deals removal from Mac OS
You should not have any problems with removing Dolphin Deals from your Mac computer. But we will also show you how to remove some remaining files after Dolphin Deals removal.
- Access Finder – Applications.
- Drag Dolphin Deals into the trash.
- If there are any other suspicious applications, remove them as well.
- If you click Go on the menu bar, you will see Go to Folder, press that.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and search for any recently-added or otherwise dubious files and trash them.
- Access Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. trash any dubious and recently-added files.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and put in ~/Library/LaunchAgents. If you see any other dubious files, trash them.
- Go back to Go to Folder, and type /Library/LaunchDaemons. If you see any other questionable files, put them in the trash.
- Right-click on the trash icon and press Empty Trash.
How to remove Dolphin Deals from your Internet browser
Delete Dolphin Deals from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Access Manage Add-ons through the menu bar (the gear icon at the top-right).
- Click Remove on Dolphin Deals and all unknown extensions.
- Access Internet Options by clicking on the gear icon and picking Internet Options.
- You’ll be able to change your homepage to your preferred website in the General tab.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and select Manage Add-ons.
- Access Search Providers (from the left side menu), remove the Dolphin Deals set one and choose one of your choice.
If Dolphin Deals is still causing issues, it may be necessary to reset your browser settings.
- If you’re using Windows XP, Start – Run, type inetcpl.cpl, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type in inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Proceed to the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- If you’re using Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, access the Advanced tab and click on Reset. Confirm the reset by pressing Reset again.
Uninstall Dolphin Deals from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Menu (the three dots) – More tools – Extensions.
- Look for Dolphin Deals and any other extension you don’t know, and remove them.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- In the On startup section, set your preferred homepage instead of the one set by Dolphin Deals.
- Proceed to Search engine from the menu on the left, access Manage search engines, change your search engine.
If Dolphin Deals is still giving you issues, resetting your browser settings might be necessary.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Scroll down, press on Advanced and go down until you see Reset.
- Press Reset and then confirm your choice by pressing Reset again.
Dolphin Deals deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Open Add-ons via the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Access Extensions, locate and remove Dolphin Deals, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- Access Preferences via the menu (the three dots).
- You will need to change your homepage in the Home tab.
- Proceed to the Search tab from the menu tab on the left, modify your search engine.
If you are still having trouble, your browser’s settings will have to be reset.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- Click Refresh Firefox.
- Confirm your choice by pressing Refresh Firefox again.
How to remove Dolphin Deals from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab, find and remove Dolphin Deals, as well as any other unfamiliar extension.
- You will need to change your homepage in the General tab.
- Proceed to the Search tab, modify your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will need to be reset if Dolphin Deals is still causing trouble.
- Open Safari, click on Safari (on the menu bar at the top), and click on Clear History.
- Click Safari on the menu bar, select Preferences and go to the Advanced tab.
- Tick the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Empty the Caches by pressing on the Develop menu and then selecting Empty Caches.
Dolphin Deals deletion from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate all unfamiliar extensions, as well as Dolphin Deals, and remove them.
- Access Settings through the menu (the three dots).
- If you go to the On startup tab, you will see that Dolphin Deals set an odd web page as your homepage, set it to one you prefer.
- Proceed to Privacy and services tab, change your search engine.
Your browser’s settings will have to be restored if Dolphin Deals is still causing trouble.
- Launch Microsoft Edge, open menu (the three dots), select Settings, open the Reset settings tab.
- Select Restore settings to their default values. Reset.