4KSportSearch Removal [Explained]
What is 4KSportSearch
4KSportSearch is a browser hijacker that will change your browser’s settings if installed. It’s not a dangerous infection but it’s not something you should keep installed either. The hijacker, while advertised as a useful extension, will install without your permission, make unwanted changes to your browser and then try to redirect you to sponsored sites. 4KSportSearch is promoted as an extension that would help find high-quality streams of various sports channels but that is merely a disguise. The hijacker will force you to use a questionable search engine, which will alter search results to include sponsored content. It aims to redirect you to certain websites in order to generate traffic and revenue. While hijackers are pretty harmless by themselves, their redirects are a different story. You could be redirected to highly questionable websites, ones promoting scams or some kind of malware. Thus, it’s strongly recommended to delete 4KSportSearch.
You likely do not even remember installing the program. Browser hijackers usually install via freeware bundles. They come attached to freeware as extra offers, and when users fail to notice them, they install alongside the freeware. Preventing these unwanted installations is not difficult, and we will explain how in the following section of the report.
How did 4KSportSearch install
Since it is advertised as a useful extension, it’s not impossible for you to have installed it yourself. However, if that is the case, you should do research before installing programs from now on. A simple search with Google would have shown you plenty of results indicating that 4KSportSearch will bring nothing good.
And if you do not remember installing it yourself, you need to learn how to install freeware correctly. Most free programs you download will have extra offers attached to them, including browser hijackers, adware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). The offers are attached in a way that allows them to install along the freeware without requiring explicit permission. They are optional but users rarely pay enough attention to how they install programs to notice them. Fortunately, it’s not difficult to prevent these unwanted offers.
When you install free programs, make sure you choose Advanced (Custom) settings instead of Default. While the setup window will recommend you use Default, those settings will conceal the added offers. However, Advanced will made all of them visible. You will have the option of deselecting all offers. Simply uncheck the boxes, and you can then continue installing the program.
Keep in mind that most free programs will come with these offers. Unless you pay close attention to how you install programs and deselect the offers, your computer will quickly fill up with junk that’s difficult to get rid of.
Should you uninstall 4KSportSearch
As soon as the browser hijacker installs, it will change your settings and set 4KSportSearch.com as your homepage and new tabs. These changes may affect all popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Your search engine will also be changed. Undoing these changes while the hijacker is installed would be a waste of time as it would change the settings again. Until you delete 4KSportSearch, you’re stuck with its promoted site loading every time you open your browser.
The site looks like any other browser hijacker promoted site. It has a side toolbar with a PDF converter, a currency converter, a crypto converter and a calculator. It also has search box. If you perform a search via it or your browser address bar, you will be shown modified Yahoo search results. Hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored sites, and they do that by inserting sponsored content into search results. Most of those results will be quite obvious, allowing you to bypass them. However, there is no need to put up with this. And if you wanted to use Yahoo’s search, you could go to it directly. There is no need to use a questionable third-party site.
It’s strongly recommended to get rid of the hijacker as soon as possible. The easiest way to remove 4KSportSearch would be via anti-spyware software. You can try to delete 4KSportSearch manually but that may take a while as you’d have to locate all related files yourself. Once the hijacker is gone, you will be able to change your browser’s settings back to normal.
Download Removal Toolto scan for 4KSportSearchTo scan for 4KSportSearch, use our recommended security tool. The trial version of WiperSoft detects infections like 4KSportSearch and can assist with their removal for free. You can delete detected files, registry entries and processes manually, or you can purchase the full version of the program for automatic removal.
WiperSoft is an anti-virus program with real-time threat detection and malware removal features. It detects all types of computer threats, from adware and browser hijackers to trojans, and easily removes them.
ComboCleaner is an anti-virus and system optimization program for Mac computers. The program will keep your Mac secure from different types of malware, as well as clean it to keep it running smoothly.
Malwarebytes is a powerful anti-virus program that detects and removes all types of malware, as well as less serious threats like adware and browser hijackers. It has both free and paid versions.
How to remove 4KSportSearch
- Uninstall 4KSportSearch with spyware removal software
- How to manually uninstall 4KSportSearch from Windows
- How to manually uninstall 4KSportSearch from Mac OS
- How to remove 4KSportSearch from your Internet browser
- Remove 4KSportSearch from Internet Explorer
- Uninstall 4KSportSearch from Google Chrome
- 4KSportSearch deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- 4KSportSearch deletion from Safari
- How to remove 4KSportSearch from Microsoft Edge
Uninstall 4KSportSearch with spyware removal software
Using anti-spyware or other malware removal software is the simplest way to delete 4KSportSearch from both Mac and Windows computers. The program will do everything, as uninstalling these applications is its purpose. Simply download the software, start a scan, and remove 4KSportSearch. If you scroll down, you will also find instructions explaining manual 4KSportSearch removal.
How to manually uninstall 4KSportSearch from Windows
- Press Start (the windows logo located bottom-left corner of the screen) or tap the window key on your keyboard, choose Settings and then Control Panel.
- Press on Add or Remove Programs.
- Delete 4KSportSearch.
- Check all applications installed on your computer for other questionable applications and get rid of them.
- Press Start (the windows logo) or tap the windows key – Control Panel.
- Access Programs and Features – Uninstall a program.
- Find 4KSportSearch and uninstall it.
- Remove any other suspicious program you are unfamiliar with.
- You’ll have to open Programs and Features by right-clicking on Start and pressing Programs and Features.
- Delete 4KSportSearch.
- If there are any other applications you do not recognise, delete them as well.
How to manually uninstall 4KSportSearch from Mac OS
Removing 4KSportSearch from your Mac is pretty easy. But we’ll also explain to you how to delete some related files after 4KSportSearch removal.
- Press on Finder (the first icon from the left on your dock) and click on Applications.
- Put 4KSportSearch into the trash.
- Check all installed applications for anything else that is questionable and get rid of them.
- Open Go to Folder from the Go menu in your menu bar.
- Type /Library/LaunchAgents, and if any recently-added files seem dubious, trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type /Library/Application Support. Search for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Open Go to Folder again, and type ~/Library/LaunchAgents. Drag all questionable files to the trash.
- Open Go to Folder again, and put in /Library/LaunchDaemons. Search for any recently-added or otherwise questionable files and trash them.
- Finally, empty the trash which you may do by right-clicking on the trash icon and clicking Empty Trash.
How to remove 4KSportSearch from your Internet browser
Remove 4KSportSearch from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon located at the top-right corner, and select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Remove on 4KSportSearch and all extensions you’re unfamiliar with.
- Access Internet Options by pressing the gear icon and selecting Internet Options.
- You will be able to modify your homepage to your preferred web page in the General tab.
- Click the gear icon (top-right corner), and click on Manage Add-ons.
- Access Search Providers (from the left side menu), remove the 4KSportSearch set one and pick one of your preference.
If 4KSportSearch is still giving you problems, resetting your browser settings might be necessary.
- If you’re using Windows XP, Start – Run, type in inetcpl.cpl, open Advanced and click Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows Vista/7, press the windows logo, type inetcpl.cpl in the search box and press Enter. Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- For users using computers running Windows 8/10, open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, press on Internet Options, proceed to the Advanced tab and press Reset. Confirm the reset by clicking Reset again.
Uninstall 4KSportSearch from Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the three dots at the top-right corner, then More tools and Extensions.
- Identify all extensions you cannot identify, as well as 4KSportSearch, and delete them.
- Open Settings via the menu (the three dots top right-corner).
- Access On startup, you will see a homepage set by 4KSportSearch, change it to one of your preference.
- Access the Search engine section from the menu on the left, click Manage search engines, change your search engine.
In case 4KSportSearch is still present, your browser’s settings may need to be restored to default.
- Launch Google Chrome, menu (the three dots) – Settings.
- Go down, press on Advanced and go down to the Reset section.
- Press Reset and then confirm your choice by pressing Reset again.
4KSportSearch deletion from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch Mozilla Firefox.
- Access Add-ons through the menu (the three bars top-right corner).
- Access Extensions, identify all unknown extensions, as well as 4KSportSearch, and delete them.
- Menu (the three bars) – Preferences.
- If you go to the Home tab, you’ll see a homepage set by 4KSportSearch, change it to one you prefer.
- Go to the Search tab from the menu on the left, modify your search engine.
In case you’re still struggling with 4KSportSearch, it might be necessary to restore your browser’s settings to default.
- Menu (the three bars) – Help – Troubleshoot information.
- In the new window, click on Refresh Firefox.
- Press Refresh Firefox again.
4KSportSearch deletion from Safari
- Launch Safari.
- Safari (from the menu bar at the top) – Preferences.
- Access the Extensions tab, find and delete 4KSportSearch, as well as any other extension you do not recognise.
- In the General tab, set the homepage of your preference instead of the one set by 4KSportSearch.
- Open the Search tab, modify your search engine.
Resetting your browser’s settings will probably be necessary if 4KSportSearch is still giving you issues.
- Clear History by clicking on Safari (the menu bar) when the browser is running, and click on Clear History.
- Click Safari (from the top menu) again – Preferences – Advanced tab.
- Check the box at the bottom that says Show Develop menu in the menu bar box.
- Click on Develop (on the menu bar) and then on Empty Caches.
How to remove 4KSportSearch from Microsoft Edge
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Menu (the three dots at the top-right corner) – Extensions.
- Locate all unfamiliar extensions, as well as 4KSportSearch, and delete them.
- Access Settings via the menu (the three dots).
- In the On startup tab, set the homepage of your choice instead of the one set by 4KSportSearch.
- Access the Privacy and services tab, change your search engine from the one set by 4KSportSearch to something of your choice.
In case 4KSportSearch is still present, your browser’s settings might need to be restored to default.
- Open Microsoft Edge menu (the three dots) – Settings – Reset settings.
- Press on Restore settings to their default values. Confirm the reset.